╌>

Dozens of bomb-sniffing dogs killed in Kuwait

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  pj  •  8 years ago  •  9 comments

June 23, 2016 4:26 PM

A photo shows dead dogs piled on top of one another in a cramped hallway

The Kuwait Animal Rescue Unit says an American company killed at least 24 dogs after a contract fell through with an oil company in Kuwait

An anonymous executive at the company said the dogs were euthanized due to medical issues

A Facebook photo shows the bodies of between 24 and 40 dogs piled on top of one another after they were reportedly euthanized due to a contract falling through. Facebook

By Kate Irby

Dozens of American-trained dogs were killed by a Kuwaiti-based company last week, according to multiple reports, though there are conflicting explanations for the deaths.

An Instagram post by the Kuwait Animal Rescue Unit showed the dogs’ bodies piled on top of each other in a narrow hallway and called the action by Eastern Securities of Kuwait a “horrifying animal abuse/massacre.”

“Due to their contract being revoked, they slaughtered 24 of their US K9 dogs whom were trained by USK9 dog training facility which is located in Louisiana, USA,” the post reads. “This security company is an American company which worked with Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC). KNPC paid 3000KD (equivalent of $9900)/month) to the security company for each dog.”

But the Eastern Securities of Kuwait said the animals were euthanized due to ongoing health issues, not because of the failed contract.

“These dogs were suffering in the condition they were in,” an anonymous employee told the Arab Times. “In my opinion, this should have been done a year ago.”

He said all the dogs had to be put down either due to aggressive tendencies or medical conditions that included tumors, cataracts, chronic diarrhea and hip dysplasia. He said they had planned to euthanize the dogs in smaller groups but that a member of the kennel staff “jumped the gun,” and has since been fired.

The Kuwait National Petroleum Company said Tuesday that it took no part in the killing of the dogs and expressed regret. A spokesman for the company said they canceled the contract because a third party tested the dogs’ ability to detect hidden explosives at oil rigs and the dogs did not pass the tests.

Following the killing, a Facebook page was created about the incident and against the Eastern Securities of Kuwait company. The page was allegedly started by a former employee, who said she worked for the company for five months in 2014.

“I can not get exact numbers, but the only witness that has exposed this says about 40 dogs,” the Facebook post reads.

The Kuwait Animal Rescue Unit reported that the company still has dozens more dogs remaining at the facility.

Bill Baisey, the owner of Eastern Securities, did not respond to an email Thursday. An email to the company’s general info account was also not returned.

Bomb dogs are integral to the NATO mission in Afghanistan. By clearing routes of IEDs and sniffing out other explosive ordinance, they're helping to save the lives of coalition and Afghan forces. See for yourself the relationship between two handlers and

Courtesy of NATO

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article85568492.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   seeder  PJ    8 years ago

This is absolutely heart wrenching.  If this story is accurate and these dogs were slaughtered than I'm absolutely sick with sadness.  How can human beings be so heartless.  

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

The dogs would have voted for Donald Trump if they were brought to the US !

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  PJ   8 years ago

Agree Pj....I would like to know the truth about this....Disgusting

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

Their excuse that some of the dogs were aggressive doesn't really seem to add up to me-- they were highly trained.  Couldn't the police services here have used the dogs?

I love dogs-- they deserve to be cared for and loved...  Not thrown away like trash!

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    8 years ago

An American company did this?  Bull to the shit.

Let's talk about Bill Baisey for a minute.  Real name:  Fathallah Balbeisi, unless he is in the US, then he is Nidal A. Balbeisi..  He holds dual citizenship in Jordan and the US.  I could vomit just thinking about it.

Make no mistake about this man's misdeeds.  He is 100% responsible for murdering those dogs.  Also, if any of them were sick or aggressive, it's because he hired uneducated employees from distressed countries, and gave them titles like:  Veterinarian, master-groomer, certified trainer, etc.  One of the 'Doctors' said he was given the title because he had graduated from high school.

Also, if anyone is unfamiliar with the Muslim view regarding the importance or the necessity of the K-9 species, all you need to is google it.  They consider dogs and pigs as equally unclean. 

So, yeah.  This ass had some redundant inventory that he needed to dump, and that's exactly what he did.  And then, he blamed the atrocities on the Louisiana-based company USK9 Unlimited, and it's President and CEO, Roger Abshire.  If you haven't already, visit this Facebook page for the real story, and the proof to back it up.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   seeder  PJ  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   8 years ago

Thank you for your contribution to this story.  I'm wondering what the US can do to bring justice for these dogs and maybe we should reconsider our policy when it comes to who we sell dogs or any animal to especially those who don't appreciate the animal for whatever the reason, religious or otherwise. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   8 years ago

Sister, I'm not a member of FB. Can you give a quick review of what it says.