╌>

Trump sparks online firestorm with anti-Clinton tweet featuring Star of David

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  8 years ago  •  10 comments

Trump sparks online firestorm with anti-Clinton tweet featuring Star of David

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump at a rally, June 29, 2016, in Bangor, Maine. (AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty)

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump drew widespread rebuke on Saturday with a tweet featuring a Star of David while accusing rival Hillary Clinton of corruption.

The star, a symbol of Judaism, was on a backdrop of $100 bills and paired with a Fox News poll in which a majority of respondents described Clinton as corrupt. Next to Clinton’s face was a red Star of David bearing the words “Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    8 years ago

LOL!

Yes-- seriously-- that was my initial reaction.

I couldn't help but picture him waking up one day and realizing that he had already offended so many groups. Women. Hispanics. Muslims. The "Republican Establishment". Even George Bush. Even The Pope (Peace Be Upon Him) . . . and probably a few others I forgot).

And then he suddenly realized-- OMG!, I forgot a group! I'll have to correct that omission. But no problema, now I'll attack the Jews!

(Sure, his bigotry isn't really funny-- but on another level, he's such a totally stupid buffoon its hard not to laugh at him :-).).

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna   8 years ago

P.S. I thought the juxtaposition of the Star of David with the $100 bills was a nice touch . . .subtle!!!

Heh! stunned

jdychn
Freshman Silent
link   jdychn  replied to  Krishna   8 years ago

The antisemites are getting more and more brazen. I don't think Trump is one, though.  He is self-centered, but at least he is not an apolotist for terrorist scum. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

You expect anything different from Trump...Buffoon is being kind, Krish.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Most of the polls as well as the pundits keep indicating that "its gonna be a close race."

But I don't think so!!!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Krishna   8 years ago

I agree, I don't think that the race is going close at all.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Trump has taken the "star of david" ad down.

As to whether or not the election will be close, it depends on how many Americans are willing to elect a pathological liar who ripped off average Americans for millions of dollars even though he was already a billionaire at the time. Oh, and he has absolutely no knowledge of any of the issues facing the country. And he is a religious and racial bigot. If enough voters are willing to overlook Trump's monumentally disqualifying flaws it could be a close election.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

No surprise actually. That's typical of his modus operandi. First he says something blatantly racist-- really far out. His racist supporter get the message, Trump is indeed "kosher"-- Ok to support him.

Then he backtracks, obfuscates, etc-- so he can deny he meant it, and that he's not really extremist after all. So any moderates who had doubts about him in the first place are bow reieved. I've seen that pattern so many times...

Krishna
Professor Expert

As to whether or not the election will be close, it depends on how many Americans are willing to elect a pathological liar who ripped off average Americans for millions of dollars even though he was already a billionaire at the time. Oh, and he has absolutely no knowledge of any of the issues facing the country. And he is a religious and racial bigot. If enough voters are willing to overlook Trump's monumentally disqualifying flaws it could be a close election.

Well, my own view is it ain't even gonna be close. I predict a landslide for Hillary, Dems win both Houses of Congress (Yup--they win the House).  

IMO there are many reasons for this, but two are the most important:

1. He's gone out of his way to alienate so many groups. His lack of support amongst women is really amazing. (Women = 1/2 the population). Also Hispanics (a large demographic). Blacks are reliably democratic-- but a recent poll shows that this time only 1% support him! Even his support amongst Evangelicals is weak. And-- many Conservatives don't like him-- because they aren't fooled,they know so many of his views aren't Conservative! (On several issues Hillary is actually to the right of Trump). Ditto several other groups...He's not  going to win the presidency with the votes of Old White Male Discontented Anti-establishment Republicans alone!)

2. Perhaps more import: While the media makes a big deal of extremists in America, the fact is the majority of Americans don't like extremist candidates. And, simply stated-- the majority of Americans regard Trump as extremist (as well as more than a bit nutty). They view Hillary as basically a "centrist"-- a "moderate".

Krishna
Professor Expert

So he's probably not anti-Semitic after all!

David Duke: Trump could be our 'white knight'

White nationalist and former KKK leader David Duke on Thursday said that his supporters see vast promise in Donald Trump , the presumptive GOP presidential nominee

Duke said establishment Republicans are trying to self-destruct the GOP to prevent Trump from becoming its standard-bearer.

“It’s important to know that the neo-conservatives are into a scorched-earth policy right now,” he said. They are absolutely trying to destroy the Republican Party. 

“I think that like so often happens, Jewish chutzpah knows no bounds.  These Jewish extremists have made a terribly crazy miscalculation because all they’re really going to be doing by doing the ‘never Trump’ movement is exposing their alien, anti-American majority position to all the Republicans.”

The New York Times on Thursday reported that Duke was deriding donors involved in the Stop Trump movement, including Paul Singer, a Jewish billionaire interested in Israel’s national security.