╌>

BLACK TEEN ASSAULTS 5-YEAR-OLD GIRL, SCHOOL DEFENDS IT AS NORMAL BEHAVIOR

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  release-the-kraken  •  8 years ago  •  232 comments

17-year-old black teenager on probation assaulted a 5-year-old girl on a school bus, but the school’s superintendent later tried to defend the behavior as normal.

The girl’s father, Terry Peters, said he noticed a mark on his daughter’s face when he picked her up from the school bus last week.

“People came out and they began to state to me that she got slapped on the school bus,” said Peters told WAGT. “I’m very upset, I’m mad.”

Surveillance footage shows 17-year-old Tavon Walters reach over a bus seat and use another student’s hand to hit 5-year-old Jasmine Peters on the right side of her face.

“He had reached over that seat and he was telling another girl that ‘if you don’t hit her then I’m going to hit her for you,’” said Peters.

However, Bamberg District superintendent Phyllis Schwarting appeared to defend the assault, remarking, “The behavior on the bus was not any more abnormal than most buses.”

School officials also tried to claim that Walters was not responsible for the marks on the girl’s face because they appeared on the opposite side to what is shown in the video.

However, the explanation is clearly that the photo has been flipped horizontally, something the school somehow failed to notice.

The school’s insistence that the assault was “not abnormal” and their attempts to absolve Walters of blame will play into charges by some that black-on-white violent assaults are being covered up in order to defend a leftist consensus that African-Americans are the victims of a racist white America.

For years, the media has played down the racial aspect of black-on-white violent crime by calling it “the knockout game.”

Some commentators have  asserted  that the attacks represent a disturbing trend of violent criminals feeling emboldened to attack white people in the belief that it is somehow justified in the aftermath of the Ferguson riots.

Link

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago
(deleted)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

This seed is about as racially inflammatory as it gets. 

If the 17 year old had been white, would the Infowars article read  "White TEEN ASSAULTS 5-YEAR-OLD GIRL,

?????????

Infowars, and other trash sites of that ilk regularly racialize crime news. Now we are having this despicable practice inserted into Newstalkers. 

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

You read this article about a 17 year old slapping a 5 year old child, and you chose to aim your outrage at the headline?  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  jennilee   8 years ago

No, he wants to make it about race.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

For the 10th time, the seeded article makes it about race. 

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  jennilee   8 years ago

You read this article about a 17 year old slapping a 5 year old child, and you chose to aim your outrage at the headline? 

No, he read an article about a black teen that struck a 5 year old girl. The emphasis of the headline made clear the discussion was going to be about race. That's why Alex Jones published the article and that's why Kraken seeded the article.

If the girl was black the article never would have been published. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

It may not be "abnormal", but I consider it to be bullying and VERY bad behavior!  That school just doesn't want to have to deal with it, so they're sweeping it under the rug.  Sad, but true, some very horrible behavior happens on the bus!  This school needs to step up to the plate and handle this-- the child deserves protection!

I feel that here, we need a security officer on every bus-- just to keep order.  The bus driver can't drive and police the bus at the same time.  UGH.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Dowser, please !

This article as seeded is intentionally racially inflammatory. Let's not pretend it is a "normal" article. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Personally, I don't see it as being a black/white issue.  To me, it is an issue between a bigger kid, who should know better, slapping a small kid, who can't defend herself.  

I am ignoring the white/black issue, because I don't think it is one.  It is indefensible behavior, no matter what their color.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Personally, I don't see it as being a black/white issue.    

Then why did the author put Black Teen...... in the headline?

I am ignoring the white/black issue, because I don't think it is one.

In the article, you are right, but did you not see the headline? Do you think was ok for Jones to put Black teen in the headline?

That is what is making this discussion so active. Except for the Right Wingers, that think it is normal to note the race of a culprit in a headline, is the reason why many of us are here.  

Kraven, who keeps saying "Do not troll my article", knew exactly what he was doing when he saw that headline, and he's getting all the vitriol he hoped for because of it.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

I know, Jerry.  And you're right!

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

Personally, I don't see it as being a black/white issue.    

Then why did the author put Black Teen...... in the headline?

I am ignoring the white/black issue, because I don't think it is one.

In the article, you are right, but did you not see the headline? Do you think was ok for Jones to put Black teen in the headline?

That is what is making this discussion so active. Except for the Right Wingers, that think it is normal to note the race of a culprit in a headline, the headline is the reason why many of us are here.  

Kraven, who keeps saying "Do not troll my article", knew exactly what he was doing when he saw that headline, and he's getting all the vitriol he hoped for because of it.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Running away from the truth won't help anyone, John. This thug needs to pay a pricertain fir assaulting a little girl. Even if that disturbs the liberal model.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

Running away from the truth won't help anyone, John. This thug needs to pay a pricertain fir assaulting a little girl. 

Where is John "running Away from the truth"? Of course the guy should be fined (or maybe a month in jail), but the first word in the headline has become the story here. That is why Kraken seeded the article and that is why Jones put it in the article. THAT is the real truth here.

Even if that disturbs the liberal model.

Ya know Cerenkov, you have a lot of balls to post a comment like that.

Are you saying that Liberals would prefer to see the Perp go without punishment?  

I feel your thinking is a little twisted when it comes to Left/Right issues, but I never thought you are that far off the trail. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

It's called deflection. The article is about a teenage criminal assaulting a little girl, while the school tried to pretend it was normal behavior. For some reason, most of you folks can't discuss that issue.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

For some reason, most of you folks can't discuss that issue.

The reason is because the racial overtones in the headline is a distraction. 

If you don't want to discuss race, don't introduce race into the article. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

I didn't. You did.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

I didn't.

No, of course you didn't. It would never occur to you that the race of the perp should not have been mentioned in the headline. 

You did.

Well maybe I did. It did occur to me that the race of the perp should no have been mentioned in the headline.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

I feel that here, we need a security officer on every bus-- just to keep order.

Try getting that voted in at your next school budget meeting.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

Yeah, that's not going to happen...

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    8 years ago

Where I grew up, no matter who, they would get put off the bus and not be allowed back on for a period of time at an absolute minimum, police charges for what looked like a crime would be referred to the appropriate police agency.  That I show it should work in a normal society.  Now we excuse behavior as to not upset anyone.  How stupid is that?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

Or, to just not have to deal with it.  It's how schools keep their numbers down on bullying incidents.  They do it here, too.  One kid can bully another and they let it go by and go by and go by, until the problem becomes a serious one.  They don't report it as a bullying issue, just because they don't want to have to deal with it.

And I'm with you-- refer the older kid to the authorities.  Kick him off the bus!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    8 years ago

That is a huge problem, John.  You see it solely as a race baiting article.  That is your view (and the author likely knows that also), but because that's how you interpret the article doesn't mean that' how other interpret the article.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

That is a huge problem, John.  You see it solely as a race baiting article.   That is your view (and the author likely knows that also), but because that's how you interpret the article doesn't mean that' how other interpret the article.

I honestly think some of you people have either lost your minds or are clueless. 

Let me ask you a question Spike. How does INFOWARS see this story?

"17-year-old black teenager on probation assaulted a 5-year-old girl "

that is addition to the headline

Guess what? The tv news video does not mention the race of the 17 year old. 

Here is another article about the same incident, from a tv news website

DOES NOT MENTION THE RACE OF THE 17 YEAR OLD. 

Legitimate news stories do not mention the race of the perpetrator or victim unless it is germane to the crime or needed to possibly help identify a suspect. 

You want to talk about race baiting?

The seeded article is race baiting. It is completely obvious.

So who here is the onus really on? 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

But they do mention the race when a white cop shoots a black. You see how the liberal media works don't you?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

Considering most the articles he posts I think he understands how it works just fine.   Kind of like applauding Bill but calling Trump racist on the same immigration stance.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Hmmmm - didn't know that Inforwars was the topic of discussion.

Oh, yeah - this is John - the "attack the source/author and futch the story".  Forgot about that.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

From the guy that can't resist posting white guy shoots black guy articles.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    8 years ago

His probation should be revoked as a start.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

Is he on probation?  Somehow, I missed that in the article...  I'll have to read it again!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Yep, he was.  Revoking his probation would be a good start.

I would have a really hard time putting my 5 year old back on that bus!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    8 years ago

John's summary of this incident : It's OK . He's black !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

Comment removed skirting CoC [ph]

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

You haven't got a clue what the truth about me is John . You are the one who caused the term "racist" to be outlawed on this site . Are you ever going to learn self control ? Seems unlikely ...

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

Skirting the Coc again. Will anything be done?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

Fantastic! Bravo!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    8 years ago

This story starts with a slap. However, the teenager said "if you don't hit her, then I'll hit her for you." What preceded that comment? It sounds like he's acting on someone else's behalf but the context is left out and the story starts as an assault by a black teen on a white child. I think John is absolutely right that the story is presented to make the incident racially inflammatory.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  1ofmany   8 years ago

I believe the two little girls had an altercation. The black boy appears to have been trying to force one of them to be aggressive. Of course it was very wrong. That is why he was charged with assault, which is not even mentioned by the Infowars story, but is learned in the tv station video and story. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

That sounds about right. If true, then he was trying to get the less assertive child to defend herself. He went too far but he had the right idea.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  1ofmany   8 years ago

He had the wrong idea. I think his assault charge and the revoking of his probation will make that clear.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming     8 years ago

Everyone , would most likely agree that news reporting agencies put their own slant on a story they are reporting . I have read this article at the source as well as the alternate one provided , they both basically say the same things .

the school is now put on the hot seat so to speak because it is they and what they do now after the fact that will negate the reporters slant.

IF bullying is so normal they will now be forced to address any and all instances and not try to placate parents by saying it happens occasionally and we cant stop it .  or they are going to have to admit , this is actually abnormal behavior , and should not and wont be condoned.

now as to the assailant , 17 years old , that's right in that range that the courts can try them as a juvenile or an adult  depending on the crime, I am looking at this , there is a 12 year age difference , a height and weight difference, let a lone a difference in sex ( sorry that's my upbringing that boys don't and never hit girls coming out) so this is an assault on a minor , and could be considered child abuse , not to mention reckless endangerment of a minor for hitting them in the head .

The 17 year old is out on $20k bond  and is facing charges of assault that if the courts wish can be amended to the above , and I think a factor that will contribute to whether he is tried as a minor , or an adult  will be dependant on what he was on probation for .

so what he could be looking at is jail time until he is 21 if he is tried as a minor , or if tried as an adult , real jail time in an adult prison that will remain on his record the rest of his life.

And that is how I view this story, no other way. and I think this is what the story is actually about.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    8 years ago

Mark - and add to what you've explained - "

Probation Violations

If a juvenile is suspected of violating a probation condition, the probation officer notifies the court -- usually by filing a "violation of probation" notice. If the judge finds that the minor has indeed violated the terms of his or her probation, the court can revoke the probation option and impose a harsher sentence -- such as incarceration at a detention facility."

The young man has, indeed, upped his ante with a losing hand.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    8 years ago

What this entire article is about is to see what happens when you pull a Liberal out of their PC template.  They are triggered when everything is not PC.  They are not aware of this and wonder what is happening. 

They get all confused and their hearts begin beating faster and faster and faster, trying desperately to find some solid foundation to hold on to, but once the template has been altered they find themselves like little ants when the trail of the ant in front of them has been destroyed, they go into a frenzy of "What is happening here?  Someone has told the truth and we're not suppose to do that, no no no.....  We're suppose to abide by the PC rules. 

Oh it's a sad condition to be in.  We must find sympathy in our hearts for their affliction, but we must be strong and carry on anyway.  It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    8 years ago

The liberals are hysterically angry that the races of the perp and the victim were mentioned. Sorry, such information is necessary given the liberal thought crime laws (AKA hate crimes). You have no one to blame but yourselves. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

The DOJ should probably investigate this potential hate crime.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

Ten other articles, by LEGITIMATE news operations, did not mention race.  The nut case source used for this seed is the only one that mentioned race. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

So the other articles ignored the potential hate crime? Shocking negligence!