╌>

Your favourite foreign country is….?

Category:  Other

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  8 years ago  •  18 comments

Name AND GIVE REASONS for your choice, even photos if possible. Your home country (birth or citizenship) is NOT an applicable choice – I said “FOREIGN”.

Although Canada is the country of my birth and remains   my citizenship, I have lived for the past 10 years in China. That should give the human rights super-advocates, religious fanatics and those xenophobic about Communism an ample chance to burst a blood vessel.   During my lifetime I have visited as a tourist, or sometimes on business, about 16 different countries, whether in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Bermuda, the Bahamas, and of course a lot of time in many parts of the USA.

In my decade in China I have seen and learned a lot, much of which you might have seen in the photo-essays I have posted on the Home Page, the Discovery Group, and the Creative Arts group. With more than 5,000 years of civilization, there is so much more to be seen and learned. You cannot get tired of discovering something new, something you've never seen before due to the huge variety. One of the things I have learned is that the people here are very friendly to foreigners. I cannot count the many times I have been asked to pose with people for a photo. Below are only a few examples of what I have seen on my adventures:

Now, what is YOUR favourite foreign country, and why?

Green Box Rules Apply: Say whatever you want. Even if you are concerned about being “purpled”, suspended or banned from NT, be insulting, swear, be Islamophobic, xenophobic or anti-Semitic (at risk of being identified as a bigoted asshole, and rightly so) or go off topic if that is your bent. Remember, this is NOT the Heated Discussions group.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

Sorry to disturb the obsession with American politics.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

...and racial discrimination, which takes up most of the home page right now.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    8 years ago

Costa Rica or south of France.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson   8 years ago

"Name AND GIVE REASONS for your choice"

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Wow, calm down. Do I really need to state the reasons for either of these choices ? I'd think they're pretty obvious.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson   8 years ago

You might have some specific reasons that nobody else knows about. Different people could have different reasons - what's obvious to you might not be obvious to another. Could your choice of the south of France be because you could legally wear a burkini on the beach if you wished?  Is your choice of Costa Rica because they have excellent medical care there and it's a reasonable place to retire?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

Great article and photos Buzz.

I was lucky enough during my business career to visit, work, live in 52 different countries. Picking one is really difficult but I had a special fondness for the South Pacific. Namely, Samoa...

Lush tropical jungle, stunning white sand beaches, tribal society with ancient ties to nature. The capital city of Apia is modern but with all the hints of times past. The language has a lot of vowels, much like my native language. The people are friendly, and the women are beautiful. What more could one ask for. And it is remote, one flight per week to mainland US and two flights to New Zealand per week. All via Air New Zealand.

Your causing me to recall many pleasant memories. The most pleasant being ''Pania'' which translate to ''of the reef''...A stunning women of Samoan, German and Chinese heritage. Ahhhh the memories.

I'm slowly falling into a reverie of times past.

one-of-samoa-s-beautiful.jpg sexy-samoan-girl2.jpg

The photos were taken off the internet, since all my photos of Samoa are packed away and not digitalized.

Oh, I almost forgot to add the dress for men is a lava lava, flip flops and a shirt..24/7....I loved it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

I'm really happy I reminded you of some wonderful times. Now, if that woman is a typical Samoan woman I'm damned sorry I never got there.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Like any race of people there are those that are beautiful and some not so beautiful. The one thing that all Samoan women have is an inner beauty.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Maybe so, and that is great, but if the photo you posted is a typical example of outer beauty, I sure would have liked to have visited there in my younger days.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    8 years ago

Japan. The juxtaposition between ancient temples/gardens and the modern high-tech architecture. The fabulous food. The friendly welcome people.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

Good choice - I may get there one day since I'm pretty close.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Tokyo is an amazing metropolitan city, but the temples and gardens in Kyoto are breathtaking. 

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    8 years ago

Mississipi. 

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent

Oops.  How could I possibly misspell Mississippi?   Crikey.  I'm gonna blame it on being an Fart of Old.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Tex Stankley   8 years ago

(((((((((Tex)))))))))))))  Long time, no see!  You've been missed!  

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent

Dowser!!!  Back atcha!!  I am pleased as punch to see that you are still here.  I do hope all has been well and fine for you.  Hopefully, I'll be able to make appearances here more often these daze.  

All the best to you and yours!!

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

Gosh - It's hard to pick just one because they each have a certain special memory.  I loved hiking in Interlaken Switzerland.  It reminded me of the movie Heidi.  It was the first time I saw a mountain goat.  I also loved hiking through the Black Forest in Freiburg Germany but I would probably say that Mont Blanc in France was awe inspiring for me.  It was incredible to be at the top and see the surrounding Alps.  Just incredible..... It took my breath away.  I'm off to Israel in November so I'll tell you how I like it when I get back.