╌>

Watch: Man's Shot from Frozen Hazard Goes Terribly Wrong

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  8 years ago  •  7 comments

Watch: Man's Shot from Frozen Hazard Goes Terribly Wrong

Source

You will be hard pressed to find a more dedicated golfer than the one in the below video.

For starters, he’s braving the cold weather to tee it up, something most golfers would balk at. Secondly, he refuses to take a drop from a frozen hazard and decides to play the ball as it lies. True dedication.

Unfortunately, that dedication didn’t pay off.

As the man attempts to play his shot from the frozen hazard, his back foot slips on the ice and causes him to hit a good six inches behind the ball and crack the ice. He then falls on the already cracked ice and is fully submerged in the freezing-cold water.

You’d think that would be the worst of his problems, but that’s not the case. The man’s ball fails to exit the hazard and therefore he will be forced to both count the swing and miss and take a drop from the hazard. Talk about adding insult to injury. We are hoping the poor guy is OK. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago
This was a bad idea from the start. There's a reason golf shoes don't have smooth soles.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

That's kind of funny!  I, too, hope he is ok, and that he learns a valuable lesson about ice on ponds!  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    8 years ago

Another reason I'm a fair weather golfer.  BTW, his next shot is hitting 6.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

I doubt he was playing at an actual golf course. If it was cold enough to freeze the pond thick enough for him to be able to stand on it, it was too cold for a golf course to be open. 

Maybe his dad owns the place, or he sneaked on. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Golf courses can be open year round in many areas, with the right kind of winter grass. I've seen water hazards on my course frozen before while I was playing, although not thickly enough for me to venture onto the ice.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    8 years ago

First rule of ice golf: don't take a divot.