A German Lawmaker Wants the State to Pay for Prostitutes for the Elderly

Category:  World News

Via:  pj  •  7 years ago  •  9 comments

WORLD   GERMANY

germany pic.jpg

Getty Images

The Green Party lawmaker says she can imagine authorities "financing sexual assistance"

German  opposition lawmaker has been criticized for suggesting on Sunday that authorities could subsidize paid sex for patients requiring nursing care.

The Green Party’s spokeswoman on care policy, Elisabeth Scharfenberg, told  Welt am Sonntag  newspaper that she could imagine authorities “financing sexual assistance.”

Prostitution has been legal in Germany since 2002 and the newspaper also wrote that Scharfenberg’s suggestion has its roots in a system based in the Netherlands, where applicants have to prove a medical need and show that they are otherwise unable to pay for a sex worker themselves.

Governing Social Democrats lawmaker Karl Lauterbach told  Bild   daily  on Monday that the country did not “need paid prostitution in homes for the elderly, and certainly not on prescription,”  Associated Press  reports.

http://time.com/4628414/germany-paid-sex-elderly-patients/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   seeder  PJ    7 years ago

Just to lighten it up a bit.  Saw this and it made me chuckle.  

I wonder if this service could possibly be included in the new Health Care law.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

`

That would be an easy job but you'd need an ambulance standing by.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Just a question-- does this apply to elderly men AND elderly women?  I mean, a lot of elderly women would probably benefit from a gigolo...

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   seeder  PJ  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

It didn't distinguish gender so my thoughts are anyone who falls under the definition of "elderly".    

applicants have to prove a medical need and show that they are otherwise unable to pay for a sex worker themselves.

I'm not sure how one proves sex is a medical need........I do remember when I was younger my sister told me her boyfriend said that if they didn't do it he would die.  lol

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Great tension reliever, I'd think...  thumbs up