╌>

White House warns of crackdown on recreational marijuana use

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  8 comments

White House warns of crackdown on recreational marijuana use

In a departure from the Obama administration’s policies, the White House said Thursday that the Trump administration is likely to crack down on recreational marijuana use.

“I do think you’ll see greater enforcement,” said White House press secretary Sean Spicer. “The Department of Justice, I think, will be further looking into [the issue]. I believe they are going to continue to enforce the laws on the books with respect to recreational marijuana.”

He drew a distinction between marijuana use for medical purposes, and compared recreational marijuana loosely with the opioid epidemic.

~LINK~

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton    7 years ago

....compared recreational marijuana loosely with the opioid epidemic.

Our administration is being run by complete fucking idiots. I have toe jam that is smarter than these morons.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

LOL, just what the fuck did you think was going to happen. Look at Sessions record and statements on MJ..

Live with it.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump has investments in the MJ industry, and this is just bluster to appease his elderly conservative contingent with the giant stick up their butt.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

My impression is that this is something that Trump doesn't care about. He has allowed underlings in his administration, like Sessions, decide what to do about it. 

If the crackdown backfires Trump will say it was someone else's idea and he has nothing to do with it. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

No to legal pot.  Cigarettes are not tolerated and neither should pot be tolerated.  

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Are you saying that pot should be legally treated the same way cigarettes are?