╌>

Amy Schumer’s ‘Leather Special’ Is Getting Overwhelmingly Negative Reviews From Netflix Subscribers

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  8 comments

Amy Schumer’s ‘Leather Special’ Is Getting Overwhelmingly Negative Reviews From Netflix Subscribers

Amy Schumer ‘s  Leather Special   hit   Netflix   last week, and while the stand-up special was heavily hyped, the user reviews have been, well,   less than stellar . Schumer’s seen a lot of success over the last few years; between Trainwreck Inside Amy Schumer , and her   HBO   stand-up special,   Amy Schumer: Live at the Apollo , the funny lady has been churning out content at a rapid pace. It’s also no secret that Schumer’s comedy is divisive; the comedienne has been   garnering controversy   for years, most recently having to fight off charges that   she plagiarized jokes from a dead comedian   – but that’s seemingly been part of what has kept her relevant. This “ aggressively sexual ” special, however, seems to have lost her even her most loyal fans:

What the eff happened, Amy?? Wife and I were actually upset over how unfunny and actually kinda sad this was, and we consider ourselves fans, I mean we saw Trainwreck at the theater and bought the blu-ray. This was painful.

I LOVE FEMALE COMEDIANS!!!!!!! Joan Rivers, Kathy griffin, Mragaret Cho, Etc. But Lord, this was so so SO bad. She did this stand up in a HUGE stadium type place too and i thought “Wow, that’s a lot of people ! She must be really good. I can’t wait to have some good laughs”………………………..SIKE

Absolutely horrible. Amy is 1 special away from being broke and homeless. Female comics are the best! Amy is not…..

Decider reviewed all  876 “Member Reviews” of the special  that are currently posted on  Netflix .com, and the results are pretty grim: 33 subscribers gave it 5 stars, 17 gave it 4 stars, 22 gave it 3 three stars, 85 gave it 2 stars,  710 users give it 1 star , and 9 gave it zero stars. That makes the average rating for  The Leather Special  1.35 stars . Schumer’s popularity has certainly seen better days.

Sadly, a chunk of these negative reviews can be attributed to misogyny – female comics are frequently criticized  for making certain jokes that men make all the time – but a large percentage of these terrible reviews are being written by self-proclaimed Schumer supporters. Guess what? They are  not  happy.

I love “Inside Amy Schumer” and the movie “Trainwreck” was so funny! This special was lacking her trademark humorous observations about being a woman. It was so slow and I kept waiting for a joke and one never came. This felt thrown together and she seemed bored as if this was some contractual obligation she was fulfilling. As I was watching this, I thought that with all of her success, she has access to the best writers and support team anyone could want what the heck happened here?

http://decider.com/2017/03/14/amy-schumer-the-leather-special-bad-reviews/?_ga=1.206079568.236190302.1489535881

Amy Schumer  Netflix Special Flooded with One-Star Reviews: ‘I’ve Had Migraines That Were Funnier’

Breitbart News  · 3 hours ago

Amy Schumer’s latest stand-up comedy special for Netflix, The Leather Special, has been inundated with one-star negative reviews on the streaming service, with viewers of the program calling it “awful,” …

Amy Schumer 's 'Leather Special' on Netflix is mostly full of unapologetic raunch

Los Angeles Times  · 6 days ago

If “Amy Schumer: The Leather Special” was as funny as it is dirty, it would be the next step in her drunken walk of shame toward world domination. “Every comic has one moment where they wear …

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

I have actually seen very little of Amy Schumer ( I am pretty sure I am not in her desired demo), but out of curiosity after seeing this article I turned on Netflix and skimmed through the show, which is about 45 minutes long.

Here are the main topics she covers with her jokes

how nasty and smelly her pussy is

how she got oral sex from a stranger

giving her boyfriend blowjobs

describing what is like to fuck her

(her language is even more graphic than my description of it)

-

that was the first half of the 45 minute show

people are sitting in the audience, dressed nice, politely snickering at this spectacle, maybe some of them wondering why they blew 100 bucks or whatever it was on this. 

-

Joan Rivers was raunchy, but she was funny. She could tell a joke. She had timing. She had writers , and wrote the jokes herself sometimes too. 

Amy Schumer is , I don't know what. If this is the face of comedy, maybe she should find a new line of work. Low rent hooker , maybe? 

The Netflix reviews and some other reviews seem to indicate she will jeopardize her career if she keeps this up. In that case, go Amy!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Never saw her, and after this brief review, I don't have any interest in seeing her.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

She's a big star evidently Kavika, or has been up til now. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Well, I prefer someone with a bit more class.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

It may be getting harder to find such people. 

There is a point in this show where she talks about getting food poisoning during a trip to Paris and she does sound effects with her mouth imitating the diarrhea coming out of her body "like a machine gun". 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming     7 years ago

made me curious so I went and looked ......

Keep in mind in my young adulthood , I cut my teeth on bill cosby on HBO, still cant look at a set of salad spoons without cracking up. and many of his skits and their topics I didn't realize how close to real they were until I was in those situations , like delivery, standing up in the stirrups , having kids and having to censor your language so you sound like an idiot ... or one I used on one of my kids that got caught using drugs asked them why do it?  and his reply was right on cue from the skit , it expanded and intensified his personality, to which I on cue asked well what if your an asshole? the ex wife snickered knowing the skit , what WASNT expected was his response, to which he replied well dad then you just best leave drugs alone, to which there was gales of laughter , and not to be out done I said , THATS MY boy , to which the ex screamed oh hell no I wont put up with 2 of you.....

Geo Carlin and Richard pryor broke the cuss barrier for my generation , followed by eddie murphy in prime time on cable there were some females , paula poundstone , Margret cho a few others , but they had a knack and a talent for knowing just how far to push the line before it became crass and unacceptable , make me laugh at the human conditions we put ourselves in , don't point out the foils and fables using crassness and debauchery that is only demeaning.

The 10 mins I could stomache falls into that last bit and last line above , not my cup of tea as far as comedy goes , if I wanted to hear stuff like that I can go to the bars and listen to any number of drunk patrons making asses of themselves .that's not comedy , that's just pathetic and demeaning.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

I don't mind a funny dirty joke.

Amy Schumer is not funny in this performance. The fact that almost all of it is derived from sex situations only emphasizes the lack of funny and makes it stick out like a sore thumb. 

If you are a comedienne and you want to describe what it is like to fuck you, you better make damn sure it is funny, and not just pitiful. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming     7 years ago

dang john , I think we agree, I must be on a roll first randy , now you....