[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Almost makes you want to pray.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

What a beautiful cathedral. Although I've been to Montreal many times, I neve thought of going to see it. I should have known better because anyone who goes to Paris would try to see Notre Dame Cathedral.

And by the way, that's a stunning photo.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I should have known better because anyone who goes to Paris would try to see Notre Dame Cathedral.

Sure, but how many Frenchmen who go to Paris all the time do?  Probably most overlook it because they pass by it so frequently.  The Mackinac Bridge is one of the great engineering feats in the world and also has very graceful lines, but, although I live right in Michigan, when I go there, I see it as a way to get across the Straits and hardly notice the beauty of the structure.

I've never been farther East in Canada than Niagara Falls.  Now, I have a reason to visit Montreal.  That's a gorgeous building and Mac's masterful photography makes it even better. 

Besides, from a family genealogy website I've found that I have distant relatives all over Quebec.  First one of my family in America came to Montreal in 1640 and set up a factory to make bricks.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Although I've been acrpss Canada to the Pacific coast I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never been farther east than Montmorency Falls in Quebec. I've travelled almost all of the American States along the Atlantic coast, but none of Canada's. 

KatPen
Freshman Silent
link   KatPen    7 years ago

Beautiful!