╌>

Everywhere You Look, Americans Are Spreading Hate

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  46 comments

Everywhere You Look, Americans Are Spreading Hate

Article Photo

If that feels melodramatic, you haven’t been paying attention.

At least 150 civil rights groups agree . Last week, Amnesty International, the Anti-Defamation League, the NAACP, Muslim Advocates and the National Bar Association were among a long list of groups to sign  an open letter  condemning the Trump administration’s lack of action ― or even acknowledgement ― after so many acts of violence and intimidation.

In a township outside of Indianapolis, Indiana, school officials confirmed that a group of fourth-graders on a winning robotics team were told to “go back to Mexico” by other students ― and that parents joined in to hurl racist slurs their way. 

Over in Orange County, California, a waiter was fired for demanding patrons’  “proof of residency”  in the United States.

Jewish leaders  and  lawmakers on both sides  of the aisle are enraged over the lack of response to bomb threats made to Jewish community centers over the country. Though the Department of Homeland Security has  pledged its full involvement  into the investigation of more than 125 threats made to 85 centers across the country since January, the federal reaction has been widely criticized as hollow and sluggish.

(LINK)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

At least 150 civil rights groups agree . Last week, Amnesty International, the Anti-Defamation League, the NAACP, Muslim Advocates and the National Bar Association were among a long list of groups to sign  an open letter  condemning the Trump administration’s lack of action ― or even acknowledgement ― after so many acts of violence and intimidation.

Jewish leaders  and  lawmakers on both sides  of the aisle are enraged over the lack of response to bomb threats made to Jewish community centers over the country. Though the Department of Homeland Security has  pledged its full involvement  into the investigation of more than 125 threats made to 85 centers across the country since January, the federal reaction has been widely criticized as hollow and sluggish.

Krishna
Professor Expert

Often, Trump’s name is brought up during actual crimes. On Thursday, a man was  charged with aggravated harassment  after allegedly kicking a Muslim Delta employee at John F. Kennedy International Airport and promising that Trump would kick the victim out of the country.

“Are you [expletive] sleeping? Are you praying? What are you doing?” the suspect, 57-year-old Robin Rhodes said to the victim, according to a complaint that KTLA obtained.

There are now so many instances of hateful acts carried out in Trump’s name or policy that saying hateful people are “emboldened” by this administration borders on cliché.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

With Bannon and Miller being led by Trump, hate groups feel they have inside connections in the White House that give them permission to do whatever they want to do with impunity and so far they are right. They are getting away with whatever they want and the White House gives it's tacit approval through silence or very weak statements.

Krishna
Professor Expert

There are now so many instances of hateful acts carried out in Trump’s name or policy that saying hateful people are “emboldened” by this administration borders on cliché

Well, at least there's one thing we can all be grapefruit for-- we don't have that sort of "hate" problem here on NT! 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Hate and fucking condescending would never happen on NT. Except from a right wright white wing, or a grapefruit.Wink

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Hate and fucking condescending would never happen on NT. Except from a right wright white wing, or a grapefruit. Wink

A "grapefruit"? 

Is that anything like a "Snowflake"...????

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Grapefruits are evil. I thought everyone knew that?winking

BTW, capital hats!

Kavika
Professor Principal

A "grapefruit"? 

Is that anything like a "Snowflake"...????

It's actually a bloated, rancid, I got mine, snowflake.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

No comment...... hahahahaha

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    7 years ago

My sister is an ultra-conservative... ... ... Jew...

I have not dared ask her how things are going. Gotta be pretty schizo, these days...

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

My sister is an ultra-conservative... ... ... Jew...

I have not dared ask her how things are going. Gotta be pretty schizo, these days...

Is she scared yet?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

I haven't dared ask. 

She's an influential supporter of Israel and ultraconservative. But she's also hypersensitive to antisemitism. Trump has to be a problem for her. 

Krishna
Professor Expert

But she's also hypersensitive to antisemitism. Trump has to be a problem for her. 

Then she must be upset-- since trump's election, hate crimes against various minorities have increased greatly-- and that includes hate crimes against Jews:

Jewish Community Centers Face Third Wave of Bomb Threats Nationwide 

At least 13 Jewish Community Centers were evacuated Tuesday, after the third wave of bomb threats this month was made against the religious centers.

This latest spate of threats, which came in between 10 a.m. and noon, targeted JCCs in at least 11 states and is being investigated by the FBI.

(Link)

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

GUNSHOT FIRED THROUGH CLASSROOM WINDOW OF INDIANA SYNAGOGUE

(Link)

Trump echoes David Duke, reportedly suggests Jews are behind threats to Jewish schools

During a meeting with state attorneys general on Tuesday, President Trump reportedly suggested the  repeated bomb threats against Jewish community centers and schools  around the country in recent weeks could be false flags.

Those comments echo former KKK Grand Wizard and outspoken Trump fan David Duke, who has been pushing the false flag conspiracy theory.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

Jews are guilty, even of antisemitism. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Right on, just look at J-Street, or Jews who support BDS, or Jewish students joining Israel Apartheid Week and Jew-baiting on campuses.

@ Bob

When you say "Jews are guity, EVEN of anti-Semitism", just what else are you accusing Jews to be guilty of?

Kavika
Professor Principal

At the rate things are going Jews may find out what a ''sundown town'' is. This is not a good thing. The crazies look like they are running the asylum.

Krishna
Professor Expert

But she's also hypersensitive to antisemitism. Trump has to be a problem for her. 

Well, anti-Semitism is rising rapidly in the U.S. as a result of Trump's election-- this cointry is seeing a shift to the right.

Has she considered, perhaps, moving to a place she's feel less vulnerable to anti-Semitism, a country with more progressive values, where Jews might feel safer. 

Perhaps some where in Europe? Perhaps..France?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

Perhaps some where in Europe? Perhaps..France?

That's not even funny. 

Remember a few years ago, there was a spate of antisemitic acts in France? There was a momentary rise in emigration to Israel. My sister went bananas. Said there'd be no more Jews in France in no time. I did the math. Fifty years if the higher rate persisted... which it hasn't, of course. 

She'd move to Hell first. 

... which makes it a great question to ask her!  nervous   laughing dude

Krishna
Professor Expert

Fifty years if the higher rate persisted... which it hasn't, of course. 

I remember were there were several violent attacks against Jews in France...within a relatively short period of time.

Has it decreased in recent times?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

Of course. 

France is militantly secular. It's fundamentally a good place for all religious minorities. 

Krishna
Professor Expert

France is militantly secular. It's fundamentally a good place for all religious minorities. 

I wonder if French Muslims are as appreciative of that fact as they should be?

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Or...perhaps its just that while French Muslims are predominantly secular... they just aren't as militantly secular as other Frenchmen?

Main target in Paris attack: Jewish concert hall

Bataclan Theater, where 82 of the over 128 were murdered, was owned by Jews, and previously had been targeted by radical Islamic groups.

Bataclan Theater in Paris, the concert hall where most of the bloodshed was seen on Saturday as 82 out of a total of  more than 128  people were murdered in six coordinated attacks claimed by Islamic State (ISIS), was owned by Jews.

In the attack, four terrorists armed with assault rifles shouting "Allahu akbar" (Allah is greater) stormed in during a concert by the US rock group Eagles of Death Metal. They executed hostages one by one. (cont'd)

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

Or...perhaps its just that while French Muslims are predominantly secular... they just aren't as militantly secular as other Frenchmen?

There are something between five and ten million Muslims in France. A terrorist population of a few dozen is a microscopic percentage. That's one of the fundamental problems in "fighting" terrorism. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

Oh, it's certainly not paradise... 

... but maybe... better than anywhere else in the world... 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

@ Krishna

"Well, anti-Semitism is rising rapidly in the U.S. as a result of Trump's election"

On this I don't agree with you Krishna. In my opinion, it is not an increase, but a loosening of the tongues of those who previously felt bound by PC to not express their inner feelings. Perhaps the atmosphere expounded by the liberals openly vicious hatred of Trump has made outward expression of inner feelings more viable. When such an example of release of inhibitions becomes the norm, what else do you expect?

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

On this I don't agree with you Krishna. In my opinion, it is not an increase, but a loosening of the tongues of those who previously felt bound by PC to not express their inner feelings. Perhaps the atmosphere expounded by the liberals openly vicious hatred of Trump has made outward expression of inner feelings more viable. When such an example of release of inhibitions becomes the norm, what else do you expect?

Why does this not surprise me..........let me guess, it all started when Barack Obama got elected, right?   

hahahahaha - incredibly transparent.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

What's incredibly transparent is the ignorance of those who think things changed over the last eight years. Try watching the 1947 movie "Gentleman's Agreement". 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Why does that not surprise me..........let me guess,

hahahahaha - incredibly transparent

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Don't be cheeky Buzz.  I'm going to watch the movie you suggested when I get back home.  Right now I'm in Chicago for work so I haven't had time.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

now I'm in Chicago

Well, at least you don't have to fear violence in Chicago. (Did you know that just as Islam is "The Religion of Peace"... Chicago is actually "The City of Peace"...) Its one of the few places in the U.S. that is totally free of any sort of terrorism...or violence!

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

City of Peace......hahahaha - that doesn't surprise me.  I did joke with John the other day about having to dodge bullets as I dashed from the cab into the hotel. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Perhaps the atmosphere expounded by the liberals openly vicious hatred of Trump has made outward expression of inner feelings more viable. 

Perhaps you are right. here's what the ADL said (I don't know if you are familiar with the Anti-DefamationLleague-- they are a violently anti-Semitic Arab hate group with close ties to Hamas):

The Anti-Defamation League Has Responded to Trump’s ‘Troubling’ Comments on Anti-Semitism

During a joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister  Benjamin Netanyahu  earlier today,  Donald Trump   responded  to a question about rising anti-Semitism through his campaign and under his administration by talking about how he won the election. Yeah,  once again , he responded to a question by bragging about his Electoral College votes from three months ago.

Obviously, his maneuvering of the topic from a rise in religiously-motivated hatred and attacks to his own successes set off a firestorm on cable news and Twitter. Now, the Anti-Defamation League, which has been  working  to counter the rise in hate directed at Jews and other minorities in recent months, has released a statement.

Troubling that  @ POTUS  failed to condemn real issue of anti-Semitism in US today

The incident is reminiscent of the White House’s  refusal  to acknowledge Jews during the president’s speech to honor Holocaust Remembrance Day a few weeks ago.

Further, this is not the first time the ADL has had to publicly  express displeasure  with the way Tru mp references — or, in this case, doesn’t reference — Jewish people.

Krishna
Professor Expert

Confucious say:

Man who stand in Middle of road get hit by cars going in both directions.