╌>

Breaking News : GOP Health Care Bill Has Officially Failed

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  46 comments

Breaking News : GOP Health Care Bill Has Officially Failed

NBC News reporting President Trump has asked Paul Ryan to pull the health care bill from consideration in the House of Representatives and Ryan has agreed. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

It's all over, for now. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

They should try again with the bigger cuts the holdouts are asking for next week. The cuts just weren't big enough this time around. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Your alternate reality is actually becoming slightly amusing. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

They should try again with the bigger cuts the holdouts are asking for next week. The cuts just weren't big enough this time around. 

Allow me to explain what the holdouts were doing.

Generically, they were trying to have things both ways … specifically, by that I mean …

• They were going to vote "NO" -- their real reason was what you posted (above), Dean; these bastards want nothing for the middle class and poor so that they can fund their oligarchy.

• The "both ways" reason for the "NO" vote, was to be able to tell their constituents, who, would cut off their political balls were they to take away their Obamacare) … 

"I VOTED NO TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE" (Lyin' MFs)

The protests and town halls are the proverbial "handwriting on the wall" -- now comes the self-destruction whereby Trump blames Ryan and Ryan blames Trump and they both STUPIDLY try also to blame the Democrats (WHO IRONICALLY, IF THEY PLAY IT SMART, WILL PROCLAIM FAR AND WIDE … WE THE DEMOCRATS SAVED OBAMACARE AND NOW WE WILL PROPOSE THE IMPROVEMENTS!)

And if the Republicans will be dumb enough to criticize the Democrats for wanting improvements, possibly introducing a PUBLIC OPTION BILL … it's so long GOP!

Yesterday I posted my opinion regarding 5 different ways this "REPEAL/REPLACE" bill could fuck them …

… and whaddya' know …

FUCK DELIVERED!

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

The cuts just weren't big enough this time around.

laughing dude

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Now Trump is officially a ''LOSER''...Ryan is ''LOSER II''....

This is YUGE, really really YUGE.

The Art of the Undeal.....

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Now Trump is officially a ''LOSER''...Ryan is ''LOSER II''....

This is YUGE, really really YUGE.

The Art of the Undeal.....

Exactly.

Aside from the specific issues related to healthcare... there is something else related to this. Its really a YUGE defeat for Trump. And Ryan.

(Bigger than YUGE . . . its actually BIGLY YUGE!!!)

Believe me folks-- this is unbelievable! This defeat is UNBELIEVABLY BIGLY HUGE!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Believe Me Folks-- This Is Unbelievable!

This Defeat for The buffoon in Chief is

UNBELIEVABLY BIGLY HUGE!

Image result for trump smile

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Six years in the making and a complete ''FAIL''...

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I'm the only one that can fix Obamacare. Really, WTF happened.

-despair-12933.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Robert Costa of the Washington Post interviewed Trump within the last half an hour. Very interesting. Trump says that the health care bill will not be revived at this time, at all. He says he may at a later date call the Democratic leaders to the White House and see if he can make some deals with them. 

This guy seems lost. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

The finger pointing for repubs has already started.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I think that eventually Trump's view on this mess will be that it never happened. Watch, he will say all this was not any big deal. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I think that eventually Trump's view on this mess will be that it never happened. Watch, he will say all this was not any big deal.

If he remains true to form...his typical style would be to create a distraction. Some outrageous statement to divert attention away from this major defeat. (Perhaps claim that Nancy Pelosi was behind the recent terror attack in the U.K....or that illegal aliens were behind it. Anything outrageous...and preferably something totally false!)

Undocumented Aliens-- The real perps behind the recent terror attack in the U.K. (according to our Buffoon in Chief):

aliens-04.jpg

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    7 years ago

I think trump not only senses the loss the bill was heading for, but also the degree of momentum this defeat takes from him. It seems actually that the bigger issue in the Trump's mind is tax reform, and he can't move to that until he has done what he can with health care. 

To me the saddest part in all this is that we really do need to figure out what in the hell we are going to do with health care,,,it's an absolute frickin' mess.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Larry Hampton   7 years ago

Apparently there was a split amongst White House advisers. Some said they should handle healthcare first--others said to do tax reform first.

Tax reform (if successful) would get them high approval ratings. But OTOH, its really necessary to figure out what healthcare will look like in order to do tax reform.

Since there was strong disagreement amongst his staff on this, and he just suffered a major defeat-- my guess is that some "heads will roll" in the White House.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

*Drawing a breath of relief...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Trump is blaming the Democrats. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Straight outta "the Art of the deal". I wonder how he will blame the Dems when he raises taxes on the middle class and poor? 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Larry Hampton   7 years ago

All he has done is throw gasoline on the flames here...  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Trump is blaming the Democrats. 

And the 83% of Americans who did not want the Bill to pass …

CREDIT THEM!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

He says no Democrats were voting yes, and that is why it failed.  What a nut !

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Trump's speech a few minutes ago was bizarre at best.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

He says no Democrats were voting yes, and that is why it failed.  What a nut !

And 83% of America cheers!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

"I will release my tax returns."

"I know more about ISIS than the Generals."

"I will repeal and replace Obamacare."

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

The message coming from both Trump and Ryan is that Obama care is here for a while.  They will not work on another health care bill.

I think this is their way of telling the house freedom caucus that they missed their opportunity and they won't be rehashing the health care issue.  So I guess the house freedom caucus won't get their repeal either.

Personally I wanted their bill to pass.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Be careful and aware that the Republicans do not sabotage Obamacare and claim that whatever they covertly do WAS GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY.

Democrats should actively propose specific improvements and upgrades to what currently exists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Good point. Trump was very animated about saying Obamacare will implode in 2017. He might try to help it along. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

He might try to help it along.

He will.

I also think it's ridiculous that he complains that he couldn't get any Democratic votes when he has the majority in the House and couldn't get enough of them to vote for it, as if Democratic votes somehow were the undoing of this piece of garbage bill. I mean the thing was a horrible bill! It was the exact opposite of everything the Democrats stand for! Democrats help people and republicans screw them. Don't they understand the function of the two parties yet? It would have thrown more then 24 million people off from insurance. It would have gutted Medicaid, which as everyone knows is Paul Ryan's first step to gutting Medicare.

Every single medical professional medical group was against it. the AARP hated it. It was nothing more then throw millions off from insurance and then throw in a huge tax cut for the already rich. It was NOT a health car bill, it was a tax cut bill that they labeled a health care bill. It had a 17% approval rating with the American public. You would have had to be a complete idiot to vote for it! No wonder no Democrats voted for it! It would be like voting to invite a family of skunks to a wedding! And that diapered moron in the oval office actually has the gall to bitch it didn't have any Democratic support? Hell it didn't have enough Republican support because the bill was shit! This was his fuck up. His and Ryan's. They screwed the pooch on this one.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

And quickly.  Fix it, don't scrap it.  Don't give them the opportunity to make it fail.