╌>

Trump Could Not Make A "Deal" On The Health Care Bill Because He Wasn't Familiar With It

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  11 comments

Trump Could Not Make A "Deal" On The Health Care Bill Because He Wasn't Familiar With It

People are wondering , why wasn't President* Trump able to work his "Art Of The Deal" magic on the negotiations and intransigence over the GOP health care bill ?

The answer is both simple and obvious. Trump himself knew next to nothing about the intricacies of the bill.  Do you remember when he would stand at his campaign podium  and say 'we are going to have a great health care plan'. He was making a promise that he himself had no intention of keeping , at least not in terms of helping to craft the plan. He can't, he doesn't know anything about health insurance and medical coverage and never developed any interest in learning. 

When the time came to horse trade with the conservative 'Freedom Caucus' which was threatening to, as a group,  vote no on the bill , Trump couldn't deal with them in any detail at all. He did meet with the group a couple times, but his input was confined to suggesting they 'take one for the team' and vote yes to help his overall agenda and improve his re-election chances in 2020. 

Here is a full article that touches on this

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/obamacare-vote-paul-ryan-health-care-ahca-replacement-failure-trump-214947

" Through charm, force of personality and sheer intimidation, Trump did move some votes into the yes column. But GOP leaders were left wondering why he didn't do more—why he didn't send tweets, travel to congressional districts, put his famed dealmaking skills to work. The answer, to Republicans on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue, is obvious: Because he lacked familiarity with the legislation itself, and thought it was Ryan’s job to sell the specifics.

“Trump is a business executive. When he tells his lieutenants to get something done, he's used to it getting done,” one senior House GOP aide told me. “He’s really not used to getting involved himself.”"

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

This sort of scenario will repeat itself over and over during the Trump term in office. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I'm sure that his inability to understand the complexities of various bills will manifest it many times in months to come.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I'm truly disappointed they couldn't pass this Bill.  This would have been one mechanism used to purge the Country of its idiot citizens.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

If an interviewer asked Trump to take three of four minutes and go into the Ryan bill in a little detail Trump would not be able to do it. 

Obama could talk about the ACA for a half an hour. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I'm afraid that TV "journalists" have already integrated Trump's ignorance of what is happening. Therefore, these "journalists" would not ask questions that would displease Trump's base who are paying customers, after all...

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

Actually, I cannot fathom that the GOP brought this "overhaul" of the ACA so soon after Trump's election.  This really gripes me.  The absolute absurdity!  A group of whoever are told to work on it ....they do and come up with changes that make no sense.  We need changes to a lot of things going on in Washington, but at least take some time to present changes that are worthwhile and professional.

I am a Republican, but that doesn't mean that I approve of everything my Party does.  Not like some people who support everything along Party lines.  Finding fault for the sake of finding fault is not the way to get things accomplished. 

Do I like the way what is going on?  No!

CM
Freshman Silent
link   CM  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Actually, I cannot fathom that the GOP brought this "overhaul" of the ACA so soon after Trump's election.  This really gripes me.  The absolute absurdity!

I  Can, its quite simple, the GOP. Lying Ryan, Lying McConnell, wanted to do the ACA(Obamacare)  first,  so that they could raid the Medicaid/Medicare funds and then do their Tax Cuts passing  the Savings from what they have stolen from Health Care to the 1% which is the Club Trump belongs  to..(been a Billionaire and all, according to Trump)   of which we do not know,  since we have "NEVER" seen his Tax Returns in details...

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  CM   7 years ago

And, you know this how?  From biased articles or were you part of the Washington crew who sat in on the meetings?

CM
Freshman Silent
link   CM  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

And, you know this how?  From biased articles or were you part of the Washington crew who sat in on the meetings?

I know this by using my intelligence and having worked in The Financial Business for forty(40) years...Its not hard to Comprehend...It really not complicated..They are going to use other strategies to see how they can raid other programs, that is why Democrats will have an Eagle's Eyes for whatever scam the GOP is coming up with, we will be calling them out on everything that  is suspicious...Raid the poor first, move to the middle class...WE ARE WATCHING!!!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  CM   7 years ago

IYO!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    7 years ago

Hey!

It's complicated...