╌>

How disastrous for Trump is healthcare collapse?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  15 comments

How disastrous for Trump is healthcare collapse?

How bad was Friday's defeat of the American Health Care Act in the House of Representatives? Bad. Very bad.

After a tumultuous week, it's worth stepping back for a bit of perspective.

For the first time in 11 years, Republicans control the presidency and both chambers of the Congress.

There are 44 more Republicans than Democrats in the House of Representatives.

Republicans have been vociferously calling for repeal of President Barack Obama's healthcare reforms for seven years.

The American Health Care Act was the first major piece of legislation pushed by the White House and the Republican-controlled Congress, a key political test early in the president's term, when he should be at the height of his power and party cohesion at its strongest.

In spite of all of this, Mr Trump, House Speaker Paul Ryan and the Republicans running Washington could not get the job done. The president tried to lay the blame at the feet of the Democratic House minority. Nobody will buy that.

For Republicans Friday wasn't just bad. It was a disaster. Here are five reasons why:

(LINK)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

In spite of all of this, Mr Trump, House Speaker Paul Ryan and the Republicans running Washington could not get the job done. The president tried to lay the blame at the feet of the Democratic House minority.

Nobody will buy that. For Republicans Friday wasn't just bad. It was a disaster. 

What a total loser!!!

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

`

I think he's just shrugging it off.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Publically, for sure.  Privately, I'm glad I'm not married to him...

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    7 years ago

He's oblivious... 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

IMO the main reason why the Republican's couldn't coalesce their party and pass this Bill was because Trump didn't know what was in the Bill.  He didn't know the specifics so he couldn't promote it beyond the standard talking points.  What we're now learning is that some members of the House Freedom Caucus in conversation with Trump realized he didn't really know what was in the Bill so they didn't feel he was invested in it and they weren't going to stick their necks out for someone who couldn't take the time to read the Bill.

This guy is his own worst enemy.  How in the world could anyone vote for someone who doesn't like to learn or be thoroughly informed about issues is beyond my comprehension.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

How in the world could anyone vote for someone who doesn't like to learn or be thoroughly informed about issues

I think good 'ole Al summed it up nicely:

I know of two things that are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity. And I'm not entirely sure about the former.

--Albert Einstein

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

IMO the main reason why the Republican's couldn't coalesce their party and pass this Bill was because Trump didn't know what was in the Bill.  He didn't know the specifics so he couldn't promote it beyond the standard talking points.

You are presupposing that he could or was willing to learn what was in the bill. The man who ghost wrote The Art of the Deal for him, Tony Schwartz (What? Do people actually think Trump wrote it?) said that his attention span is only a few minutes long before he gets bored and wants to move on to a different subject.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    7 years ago

There is a looming sense that another shoe dropping about now will lead to a party-wide collapse. 

Trump is no longer a disaster in waiting.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  Larry Hampton   7 years ago

There is a looming sense that another shoe dropping about now will lead to a party-wide collapse. 

Trump is no longer a disaster in waiting.

Yup. And its just going to get worse for the Trumpster from here . . .

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that Russia’s attempts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election could be considered an “act of war” against the U.S. 

“There’s no question there was a very serious effort made by Mr. [Vladimir] Putin and his government, his organization, to interfere in major ways with our basic fundamental democratic processes,” Cheney said Monday during a speech at the Economic Times’ Global Business Summit 2017 in New Delhi. 

“In some quarters, that would be considered an act of war. I think it’s a kind of conduct and activity we will see going forward. We know he’s attempted it previously in other states in the Baltics,” Cheney said, according to  video  of the remarks. 

(READ IT ALL)

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Cheney has always been a dangerous man. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Lot's of shoes are going to be dropping in the near future...

centipede-s-100-shoes.jpg