╌>

'Left Is Going Insane' Under 'Destructive' Schumer

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  11 comments

'Left Is Going Insane' Under 'Destructive' Schumer
"left is going insane" after President Donald Trump's election and "hard left is taking over the Democratic party," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said Sunday.

"The left is going insane after Trump won the election," Graham, who has himself sometimes been at odds with President Trump, told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo on "Sunday Morning Futures."

". . . it has everything to do with the Democratic base and the hard left taking over the Democratic party. Chuck Schumer has been a destructive force, in my opinion, when it comes to traditions of the Senate."

Graham's remarks came during a discussion of Judge Neil Gorsuch's pending Supreme Court confirmation, which he considered "a home run," despite Schumer's vow to filibuster this week.

"Five hundred lawyers from the left, right, middle said he's one of the most talented judges in the entire country," Graham told Bartiromo. "A Republican president could not have chosen better than Neil Gorsuch.

"So, this is just all politics with Schumer, and I hope some people in the [Democratic] party care about the Senate and the country and will not go where Schumer leads them."

Graham supports the Senate to invoke the "nuclear" option to confirm Gorsuch, if needed, but he hopes Democrats will change their stubborn resistance and "political demagoguery."

"We are making history here," Graham said. "So, I am hoping I don't have to do this. I'm hoping eight Democrats will realize this is one of the best choices available to President Trump — he could not have done better — and give him 60 votes so we don't turn the Senate upside down."

Reason should rule on the Gorsuch, not politics, Graham added, pointing to the current Democratic opposition.

"I think they are going crazy," he said. "They are turning their party over to the most liberal people in the country. It's going to have an effect on the country and an effect on them." http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/780827/1

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

The democrats march toward and catering to its far left fringe is damaging to the country  And their party.  Moderate and balanced here talk about the GOP and the right while the democrat party wipes out any influence moderates had within and veers sharply to the left as they stand and applaud.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

No more PBR's for you !

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

I heard that!

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon    7 years ago

Lindsey Graham... the man with two assholes, the other being John McCain, calling on Democrats to help him get a right wing judge confirmed as Supreme Court Justice. Where to hell was he for the 200+ days that Merritt Garland was nominated, and the repukes could not even give him a hearing in the Senate? Sandbagging at fire island, lobbying for $54 billion addition to the budget for more flag draped coffins, and gutting Meals on Wheels, Medicaid, and Medicare. Making history my ass. Oh yeah, guess you need those Democrats you neglected to give a forum to. Piss off Lindsey.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  deepwaterdon   7 years ago

I don't often agree with Lindsey.  In this case though I do and if he does as you suggest, stand downstream.  waving

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    7 years ago

applause

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

Even Lindsey Graham realizes the Democrats are out of control. He's practically a democrat himself. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

Sean , how long are you going to keep defending Donald Trump?

This has to be excruciating for you. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

When it comes to siding with Trump or you we'll take Trump.  

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

It is right and proper to not vote along Party lines when you believe it is wrong, IYO.  Too many in politics are blindsided by their supposed loyalty.  Your loyalty is to the people who elected you,  Ask them!