Media Fawns Over Trump Ordered Air Strike

There is a tragic absurdity to this -

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

The media lead each other around by the nose.

Does Donald Trump care about Syrian civilians ?

You would never know it until last night. But the same applies to the media. This attack is not being presented as a way to protect the people of Syria (because it doesn't). It is being presented as America flexing it's muscles, OR as Trump shaking off his blues and ascending in presidential stature. 

It is all pretty absurd. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Considering the media fawned over everything BO did no matter how bad it was for the country,  the fact that you posted this article is hilarious.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

If Trump had been interventionist in Syria all along, you would have a point. He hasn't been, and you don't. 

AGAIN, TO OUR VERY FOOLISH LEADER, DO NOT ATTACK SYRIA - IF YOU DO MANY VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN & FROM THAT FIGHT THE U.S. GETS NOTHING!

President Obama, do not attack Syria. There is no upside and tremendous downside. Save your "powder" for another (and more important) day!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Was this the right thing to do or not? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

If you ask 10 people you will probably get 10 differently phrased answers. As I said yesterday, the libertarian right and the left are united in opposition to intervening around the world. 

My issue with this is not so much with the momentary action, it is the before and after. I don't believe Trump cares at all about protecting Syrian civilians, and neither did Obama. Those people are pawns. Now we are supposed to be proud?  If we take out those who are slaughtering civilians maybe there will be something to proud of.  Is Trump planning to take out Assad? I seriously doubt it. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    7 years ago

"We see these beautiful pictures at night from the decks of these two U.S. Navy vessels in the Mediterranean," Williams said.

The veteran newsman said the images tempted him to quote the late singer/songwriter Leonard Cohen. And that's what he did.

"I am guided by the beauty of our weapons," Williams said, a lyric from Cohen's 1988 song "First We Take Manhattan."

He added, "They are beautiful pictures of fearsome armaments making a brief flight."

close call

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

There is a tragic absurdity to this -

There is a tragic stink of popularity poll rising set up to this.