╌>

Utopian University: The Ultimate Safe Space

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  50 comments

Utopian University: The Ultimate Safe Space
Adam Corolla and Dennis Prager unveil the ultimate college campus: Utopian University.
“We prepare our students for the modern workforce by helping them discover their true gender, sexuality, and racial identity,” a professor at the beginning of the video says.
Utopian University illustrates much of what is wrong with the modern higher education system. Colleges and universities are no longer focused on helping students ready themselves for the workforce, but are instead focused on social justice and other nonsensical meanderings.
“We judge people based on racial origin and history of oppression,” a student says into the camera. “We call it the progressive ‘stat’,” another responds.

The video shows a confusing montage of students claiming to be from a racial heritage that doesn’t match their physical identity.
“At Utopian University, there are no violent words to hurt me,” one female student says. Another threatens, “I punch puch you if you’re a fascist.”
If nothing else, the promotional video shows us that college is an excellent place where young people can go to “learn that everything your parents taught you is wrong.” https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2017/06/utopian-university-safe-space-video/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

Ah heck, watch the whole thing for yourself. It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so true.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Yes, once I was gay, but now I'm happy.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

XX just seeded an article that says that "social justice" is meandering nonsense. Would it do any good for me to post graphs and charts and expert opinion that show that civil rights activism and gender activism and activism on behalf of other minorities and the poor have made America a much better place? 

Would XX listen, would anybody listen?

Making detailed replies to idiotic seeds is one way to go, another would be to just get right to the point. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Your and other progressives error is to believe that seeds and opinion differing from yours is "idiotic ".  PC has run amok on many of our college campuses and this article merely uses humor in pointing that out.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Your and other progressives error is to believe that seeds and opinion differing from yours is "idiotic ".  PC has run amok on many of our college campuses and this article merely uses humor in pointing that out.  

Stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen.

(Note: My comment is not a COC violation. As I italicized the COMMENT I am responding to, by definition I am not responding to a person.)

The seeded article claims social justice is "nonsense". That is what I responded to. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

humor

https://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/meme/2016/08/Whats-that-in-your-bag.jpg

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

It Is idiotic to you because you have a definite mindset and won't even begin to listen to someone else's opinion if it differs from yours.

Of course, there has to be a social conscience.  But, too much focus is on the safe places, can't have a certain speaker because it may be upsetting and it goes on and on. 

You know for a fact that universities are primarily for a student to grow intellectually and socially.  To broaden their horizons because the world is not going to placate them when they face the fact that they join or they leave.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Exactly.  The progressives coming here saying everything we believe is stupid is simply a demonstration of the lack of tolerance for a diversity of beliefs, thought, and opinion on their part. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

John - did you watch the video?  My impression was it addressed what many of us here on NT have been saying for a while.  Students on these campuses are stifling people's free speech to a point that nothing is allowed without someone getting offended.  This is a movement to try and bring to light the consequences of these actions.  Maybe I missed what you saw. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

I didn't watch the video. My belief is that the whole p.c. /safe spaces  issue is a vast overblowing of a tiny, minor problem, designed to take attention off the travesty otherwise known as the Trump campaign/then presidency. 

I won't say it is an entirely fake issue, it just isnt an important one, at all. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I recommend you watch the video.  I think you would have a different perspective of what the motive is from these individuals.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Pj,

What video? I don't see any video.

If the seeder doesn't think it worth the two minutes it would have taken to embed a video, then why on earth should anyone else think it worth the time to go hunt for it?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Another off topic post about the seeder and nothing to to with the seed itself.  Typical.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Why didn't you include the video, XX? 

Didn't have the time? Comment removed for CoC violation. [ph]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

It says this I-frame not allowed in yellow where the video should have been.  It harms no one to go to the linked source for it.  In the mean time, either discuss the topic of the article seeded on my seeds or don't post here at all.  Your arrogant condescending pot shots are not welcome here.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

It takes a couple minutes. 

If you have a minimum of respect for readers. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

I'm debating whether to blast you for the trolling behavior on my seed or to thank you for the bump.  If you can't discuss the actual content of the articles I seed I'm asking you to kindly stay away.   

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

Does the CoC include the option of banning members from your seeds? 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Indeed it does Bob. And you are officially banned off of this seed. You are trolling it and for a guy who claims that there should be harsher rules, you seem to violate the ones we already have. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

It's all he has apparently.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

I assume that they will be visiting the campuses of private Christian colleges too?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Private Christian colleges be they left right or totally unaffiliated with a political view don't use tax payer dollars to educate their young adults.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Lol.  All of the sudden public monies are the focus.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

At a private school the student and parent(s) know what it's all about and what to expect.  We tax payers aren't on the hook for what happens there.  At a public university, all of us support it to a degree and most of us send children there.  We all have a right to have our children treated fairly there and to get a real education to prepare for the rest of life to retirement.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Wrong once again XX.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Where is he wrong?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

I had this discussion with XX before and provided links to the amount of federal money that some private (Liberty University) receives.

It seems that the message is much more important than facts.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet

He acknowledged that private universities receive some federal assistance. 

His seed relays the message of Utopia quite well. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

His comments say that they receive NO federal monies. 

If you want to be fair and square about this, you might want to ask why Liberty University doesn't allow a Democratic club....Now that seems to me like they don't really want an opposing opinion or throught process. 

People living in glass houses shouldn't be throwing rocks.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet

If there is no Democratic Club allowed on campus, then, they are wrong.  They are wrong even though they are a private university. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

There is no direct federal tax revenue going to private religious colleges.  Only to things which are constitutionally allowed.  Most federal aid actually goes to the students in the form of federal educational grants and loans that the student then spends there.  Some such as Hillsdale in Michigan don't even do that.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Quit boring everyone with your tedious "facts", K!!  You know that "facts" are irrelevant. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

I assume that they will be visiting the campuses of private Christian colleges too?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

We even have a liberal safe space here...

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Just like there is a RW safe place, it's called the ''Deplorables''.....

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Or moderate and balanced which neither....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

lol, good one.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

Greed seed.

The insanity of the modern campus cannot be understated.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

Hilarious video! And yet sad at the same time given how close this is to reality for so many college* students.