╌>

Warriors unanimously decline White House visit, per reports

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  aeonpax  •  7 years ago  •  16 comments

Warriors unanimously decline White House visit, per reports

"It didn’t take the Golden State Warriors long to decide to skip the traditional championship White House visit.

Less than 24 hours after winning the 2017 NBA Finals on Monday night, the Warriors unanimously voted to decline the expected White House invitation, according to several reports including one by CNBC analyst Josh Brown.

“We have not received an invitation to the White House, but will make those decisions when and if necessary,” the Warriors said in a statement Tuesday.

The Warriors attended the White House ceremony to honor their 2015 NBA Finals win over the Cleveland Cavaliers when former President Barack Obama was in the White House." - Source

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Aeonpax    7 years ago

Quite the popular president, I daresay.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

I thought the left claimed that millionaires were his constiuency? 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Yup, that's pretty bad.

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

Well, President Trump, the WH doesn't have to send an invitation and it saves the taxpayer money.  YEA!

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Aeonpax  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

True enough. But, they also saved him a lot of embarrassment by announcing ahead of time, their intention to refuse an invitation. I'm sure corporate NBA, had a hand in this.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

There are a lot of things I care about, but this is not of them.

Play golf, don't go to the WH.....who cares?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

They are free to disrespect their nation. I couldn't care less about the NBA anyway.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

I think it's rather silly that they would make such a public statement prior to being invited.  Most people know that Trump is a child and will only claim he wasn't going to invite them anyway.  Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah......  I know you are but what am I  :0p

Bottom line:  It's sad that it's no longer considered an honor to receive an invitation to the WH.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

"Bottom line:  It's sad that it's no longer considered an honor to receive an invitation to the WH."

Don't worry. Not everyone holds that level of disrespect for the nation.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Calm down.....no need to become irrational and hysterical.....I wouldn't want you to blow a blue fuse.  Then you'd be kinda grey and dull looking

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

I agree Cerenkov, same as that damn Tom Brady and some of the NE PATRIOTS...

Fermit The Krog
Freshman Silent
link   Fermit The Krog    7 years ago

Sad to see so many believing the fake news. Vett your articles.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Aeonpax    7 years ago

This is turning funny. Apparently the GSW's have put out this statement;

“Today is all about celebrating our championship. We have an invitation to the White House, but will make those decisions when and if necessary.” - source

I guess this has also provoked a backlash from the far right who will boycott the Warriors if they do not visit the white house. No other president has produced such national and world-wide indignation and disgust more than trump. To disrespect trump is being seen as an Americans patriotic duty.

Read more here: however, has also provoked a backlash from the extreme right who now vow to boycott the Warriors.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

Maybe they should visit Barack Obama.