╌>

Google Update Chrome v. 66 Arrives, kills auto-play

Category:  Health, Science & Technology

By:  tfargo  •  6 years ago  •  8 comments

Google Update Chrome v. 66 Arrives, kills auto-play

Google released the newest version of their Chrome browser and it kills auto-play.  A uto-playing content that is muted still plays automatically. Autoplaying content with sound, whether it has visible controls or not, and whether it is set to play on loop or not, simply does not start playing.  

For me, this is great.  I can't tell you how annoyed I get when some News anchor's squeaky voice just starts blabbing out of my speakers, or a car commercial flops onto my screen. 

Chrom66.png  

Improved security?  You betcha.  Check out this excerpt from VB:

Chrome 66 for Android was also released today and is rolling out gradually over the next few weeks via Google Play . The big change here is that Google Safe Browsing now works with Android’s WebView by default. Safe Browsing provides lists of URLs that contain malware or phishing content to Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers, as well as to internet service providers (ISPs). This change means developers of Android apps using WebView no longer have to make changes to take advantage of Safe Browsing.

Chrome 66 for iOS is out as well over on Apple’s App Store . In addition to the usual stability and performance improvements, you can now export your passwords.

Cite

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
1  author  T.Fargo    6 years ago

For Android and PC users, this is a much better browser than it used to be IMHO.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

Will it work for apple? I hate when I hear a voice from nowhere blarring at me.

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
3.1  author  T.Fargo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    6 years ago

It should work, per the article.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
4  cobaltblue    6 years ago

You mean I can take my speakers off of 'mute'?