╌>

Calling All Vintage Motorsports Fans

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  dave-2693993  •  6 years ago  •  8 comments

Calling All Vintage Motorsports Fans
Goodwood Revival 2018 Live Stream

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Just enjoy it.

P.S. Ignore Johnny Millers Jag at Sebring a few years ago. I had to choose a picture and I always liked his Jag.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
1  seeder  dave-2693993    6 years ago

Love it.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2  Split Personality    6 years ago

I'm rooting for any Healey, lol, even a Silverstone...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @2    6 years ago

now if Tordoff makes it to 2nd or 3rd............friggin Awesome.......considering.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
2.2  seeder  dave-2693993  replied to  Split Personality @2    6 years ago

Me too!!!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    6 years ago

Very nice from both a technical feat

and  a nice distraction from the usual stuff.

A shame that guy dropped that classic motorcyle.. but at least he walked away.

Great stuff - must be chilly in Merry Ole England today, lol, lots of hats, sweaters and jackets...

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1  seeder  dave-2693993  replied to  Split Personality @3    6 years ago
A shame that guy dropped that classic motorcyle.

I hate when that stuff happens.

This is actually a more technical form of racing because everybody balances the urge to win vs the desire to save their rides.

I think this is every bit as enjoyable to pay attention to as the "big time" racing. Maybe better in many cases.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  dave-2693993 @3.1    6 years ago
vs the desire to save their rides.

Exactly.

I never risked my Healeys if I couldn't afford to repair damage or replace spoke wheels.

Are these guys running on original bias tires?  That would be a major factor.

I used radials for everyday driving even though I lost more than an inch of height and kept a set of bias for rallies and such.

Loved the height, hated the handling.

Spun a radial off of the rim and melted the tube once, caused a great deal of panic when I limped into a gas station in a cloud of white smoke, lol.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.2  seeder  dave-2693993  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    6 years ago

I am not sure of the rules for these cars. I imagine they are a combination of strict in some areas regarding meeting original spec, but a little loose in others for safety and tightening of the field of competition a little.

Never raced my Austin-Healey. Didn't need too. It was too much fun just driving it.

For a while I also had an early Fiat124 Coupe. That was a fun car too. Rated as a 1.4L It was a few CCs less. You drive it with your foot to the floor. I taught my little sister how to drive with it. So she learned with a manual and for a while thought every engine reved to the moon.