╌>

Hunching over phones could cause horn-like bone growth

Category:  Stock Market & Investments

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  5 years ago  •  24 comments

Researchers in Australia examined hundreds of x-rays and found that roughly 40% of people 18-30 years old, who use their phones more than 4 and a half hours a day, developed the growth near the base of the skull.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

I wonder if all those people being hit in the head with baseballs lately were actually on their phones and not paying attention to the game. It never used to be this bad.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
1.1  luther28  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago

I do not know about that, but the next time someone bumps into me while eyeballing their phone I would like to use it as a suppository. ( but I suppose that type of behavior would be frowned upon)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  luther28 @1.1    5 years ago

Oh no.. I'm with you on that. I am sick of people paying more attention to their phones than traffic, never mind walking. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.1    5 years ago

I'm an asshole, I know, but we have college students walking across our parking lot every morning. Most of them are pretty good at paying attention to what they are doing, but one dumb moron was walking across one morning staring at his phone and taking his sweet time so I yelled out the window to get his fucking ass in gear. He briefly looked up and gave me one of those looks.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  Jasper2529    5 years ago

Here's an interesting article about this study:

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    5 years ago

Interesting article Jasper. Still, we know that repetition of acts do cause problems, like carpal tunnel syndrome. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    5 years ago
Still, we know that repetition of acts do cause problems, like carpal tunnel syndrome. 

I agree. It's not only repetition of acts that cause problems but also improper execution of those acts. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a good example that presents in athletes, musicians, and those who use computers/electronic devices.

However, the article I posted delves into the myriad inconsistencies and flaws of the study itself. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago

Yeahhh, I got yer bone growth right here. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

zuksam
Junior Silent
6  zuksam    5 years ago

It's funny I have that growth but have never owned a cell phone but I do and always have read a lot and I often read in that same position.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  zuksam @6    5 years ago

I am currently feeling the back of my head because I always read a lot and hunched over like that....brb

......nope don't feel anything

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.1    5 years ago

Only one person ever touches my head...and that's my hairdresser

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
7  dave-2693993    5 years ago

In all honesty, kinda smells like bullshit.

..and believe me, I am about more anti phone that anyone on the planet. Yes.