╌>

The Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are "essential workers," says New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  freefaller  •  4 years ago  •  15 comments

The Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are "essential workers," says New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Even a global pandemic  can't stop the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern reassured the children of her country that the mythical figures are considered "essential workers" during a Monday coronavirus press conference . Ardern, who has a 21-month-old daughter, asked kids to be understanding if the Easter Bunny wasn't able to make all its usual stops on Easter this Sunday.

"As you can imagine, at this time, of course, they're going to be potentially quite busy at home with their family, as well, and their own bunnies," Ardern said." And so, I say to the children of New Zealand, if the Easter Bunny doesn't make it to your household, then we have to understand that it's a bit difficult at the moment for the bunny to perhaps get everywhere." 

While the Easter Bunny will do its best to get to each home, Ardern explained an idea for kids and their families to "create your own" Easter egg hunt. She encouraged families to draw an egg and display it on their windows, so other kids in a neighborhood can spot them from a safe distance.

Ardern later posted an Easter egg template  on her Instagram for children to color in or decorate and dubbed the initiative The Big New Zealand Easter Egg Hunt. "I'd also love to see your designs," she said in the post, asking families to email their masterpieces to primeminister@parliament.govt.nz or share their creations on social media using the hashtag #NZEggHunt. "I'll pop a few of them here and on Facebook over the Easter weekend. Have fun everyone!"

New Zealand declared a state of emergency and went on  lockdown on March 25 . All people in the country, excluding workers providing essential services, are to remain in their homes , except "as permitted for essential personal movement," according to the  government's coronavirus site

Supermarkets, pharmacies and food banks remain open, but all places where the "public congregate" have been ordered to close. There have been more than 1,100 confirmed cases of the disease in the country, with one death reported, according to numbers from Johns Hopkins University

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Freefaller    4 years ago

I'm not so sure the Tooth Fairy is essential but definitely the Easter Bunny is.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freefaller @1    4 years ago

No, the Tooth Fairy is definitely non-essential. The bitch doesn't show up when requested!

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

Gotta love the Kiwi's. The PM is correct, both are essential just ask the kids.

BTW, NZ has not only flattened the curve but crushed it to date.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.1  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago
but crushed it to date.

I saw that

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.2  shona1  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

Evening Kavika..For once the tyranny of distance for us and the Kiwi's has been to our advantage...The Kiwi's are doing very well..They are on stage 4 restrictions we are on stage 3 which is their equivalent..There are now rumblings we are going to Stage 4 so not sure what that entails. We are in isolation, Inter State borders are closed, fines if you are out and about for no good reason...fines for more than 2 people in a gathering, beaches, fishing, hunting all closed and banned..So will be interesting what they ask us to do next for stage 4..but we will comply for the better of us all in this country and across the ditch in NZ...

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Kavika   replied to  shona1 @2.2    4 years ago

It seems that OZ and the Kiwi's are doing what is working and sticking to it. 

My granddaughter and grandson are health care workers and are on the front line in NSW. 

I was thinking about the years that we lived in OZ and spend time in the outback. I had to go to you tube and find one of my favorite songs. ''Waltzing Matilda'' to me it identifies OZ like nothing else does. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  shona1 @2.2    4 years ago

No fishing?!?!?!

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.2.3  shona1  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    4 years ago

Afraid not trout. At least you won't get caught..sorry could not help myself...here all the piers boat ramps etc have been closed off... we are going full bore to stop this virus because we know what we are up against and what it can do...we have seen the results in Italy Spain UK and now the US...so the kiwis and us are not stuffing around..all up we have lost 50 souls the kiwis 1...the infections are dropping and we are planning to keep it that way... stay put stay well and stay safe..

shona1
PhD Quiet
2.2.4  shona1  replied to  Kavika @2.2.1    4 years ago

Yes Slim Dusty was a great country singer...he is dearly missed here. Going to be a strange Easter for a lot of people this year and a very sad one for many around the world..hope your rellies stay safe up in NSW and we salute them for what they are doing... good on them. They really are on the front line in these most trying of times...I hope they all stay safe...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  shona1 @2.2.3    4 years ago

You, too, Shona.

I can't wait to go fishing again

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Kavika   replied to  shona1 @2.2.4    4 years ago

Thanks shona and you stay safe as well.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

It must be good for Kiwis to have such a nice and caring PM.

shona1
PhD Quiet
3.1  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    4 years ago

Evening Buzz..Yes she is one of the best and most admired around the world..

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    4 years ago

Here they probably should have deemed leprechauns non essential.