╌>

Trump's sister assailed him for 'lying,' 'phoniness,' 'cruelty,' and having 'no principles,' secretly recorded audio reveals

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  pj  •  4 years ago  •  14 comments

By:   Michelle Mark

Trump's sister assailed him for 'lying,' 'phoniness,' 'cruelty,' and having 'no principles,' secretly recorded audio reveals

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• President Donald Trump's sister slammed her brother for "lying," "cruelty," and more in a series of conversations with her niece, Mary Trump, that were secretly recorded.
  • Mary Trump gave the audio recordings and transcripts to The Washington Post, which published them Saturday evening.
  • "The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy s---. But he's appealing to the base. What they're doing to the kids at the border, I mean," Barry told Mary Trump in one taped conversation in 2018.
  • Barry, who retired from her role as a federal judge last year, has never spoken negatively about her brother in public.
  • "Every day it's something else, who cares. I miss my brother, and I'll continue to work hard for the American people. Not everyone agrees, but the results are obvious. Our country will soon be stronger than ever before," President Donald Trump said in a statement sent to Business Insider.

President Donald Trump's sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, described her brother as a liar and an egomaniac in a series of conversations that were secretly recorded by her niece, and published Saturday evening by   The Washington Post .

Barry made the comments to her niece, Mary Trump, who   recently published a book   that negatively portrayed the president, titled "Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man."

Mary Trump provided the audio recordings to The Washington Post after being questioned about the sources of some of the information revealed in her book.

In one audio clip published by The Post, Barry expressed astonishment at her brother's handling of family separation at the US-Mexico border, where thousands of migrant children were forcibly taken from their parents and scattered to shelters across the country with no plan for reunification.

"His goddamned tweet and the lying, oh my God. I'm talking too freely, but you know," Barry could be heard saying on the recording. "The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy s---. But he's appealing to the base. What they're doing to the kids at the border, I mean."

The White House sent Business Insider a statement from President Donald Trump, saying, "Every day it's something else, who cares. I miss my brother, and I'll continue to work hard for the American people. Not everyone agrees, but the results are obvious. Our country will soon be stronger than ever before."

Trump was referring to his younger brother, Robert Trump,   who died August 15 . Maryanne Trump Barry   reportedly did not attend the funeral .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

PJ
Masters Quiet
1  seeder  PJ    4 years ago

Oopsie................

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Considering that Maryanne Trump Barry is a crook herself having taken part in the family's tax fraud scheme and took early retirement from the federal bench in order to avoid scrutiny over the tax fraud, Donald must be a really bad egg if Maryanne is belittling him. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.1  seeder  PJ  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

It will be interesting to see how she handles this.  I personally don't think this audio was leaked without her knowledge.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

Crooks....takes one to know one.....   The Trump crime family knows what it is.

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.2.1  seeder  PJ  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.2    4 years ago

Yes, like all crime families there comes a time to save oneself.  Better late than never.   She has an opportunity here, let's hope she uses it.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  PJ @2.2.1    4 years ago

I think this former federal judge knows that things are too far gone to grow any sense of honor.....  She'll stay quiet.

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.2.3  seeder  PJ  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.2.2    4 years ago

You may be right.  I'm just curious how she is going to respond to this audio, if at all.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  PJ @2.2.3    4 years ago

She's smarter than her brother..... she won't say a thing knowing that her brother will say or do something that will take the light off of her 30 seconds from now.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

She may have called it like it is, she should also be audited.  If they find that she was complicit in the Trumpbino crime family tax fraud, bust her also.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago
  • Trump's Sister Resigns As Judge, Ending Inquiry Into ...

Apr 11, 2019  · President  Donald Trump ’s older sister,  Maryanne Trump Barry , retired as a federal appellate judge earlier this year and thereby ended an investigation into whether she broke judicial conduct rules by allegedly engaging in  tax fraud , The New York Times reported.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago

Now that she is a private citizen, it will be easier to go after her.  I have a feeling tax fraud has been going on long before she became a judge.  She is a Trump after all.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4  Dismayed Patriot    4 years ago

Knowing Trumps obsequious admiration for Putin, Maryanne may not want to drink any tea outside her home for a while...

PJ
Masters Quiet
4.1  seeder  PJ  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    4 years ago

Hahahahahaha - that's the truth!  In fact, I would encourage people going to the polls to bring their own drink and not accept anything being offered.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    4 years ago

Classic line from "The Hunt for Red October"..... "Does anyone want some more tea?"