╌>

GOP Rep. Clay Higgins Threatens To Shoot Armed Protesters: 'I'd Drop Any 10 Of You'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   Amanda Terkel, Huffpost

GOP Rep. Clay Higgins Threatens To Shoot Armed Protesters: 'I'd Drop Any 10 Of You'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

Amanda Terkel

huffpost_Light.png September 2, 2020, 12:47 PM EDT

5f4fc23d24000035081ec975.jpeg?ops=crop_0_17_4357_2739

Rep. Clay Higgins (R-La.) threatened to shoot armed protesters coming into Louisiana. (Photo: Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call/Getty Images)

Rep. Clay Higgins (R-La.) said he’d be more than willing to shoot any armed demonstrators in Louisiana in a Facebook post Tuesday that was accompanied by a picture of Black men with guns.

“One way ticket fellas,” he wrote on his campaign account. “Have your affairs in order. Me?... I wouldn’t even spill my beer. I’d drop any 10 of you where you stand.”

“We don’t care what color you are. We don’t care if you’re left or right. If you show up like this, if We recognize threat ... you won’t walk away,” added Higgins, a former police officer.

Facebook confirmed to The Acadiana Advocate  that it took Higgins’ post down for violating the company’s “violence and incitement” policies.

Higgins’ also put up a picture of an eagle and wrote that he did not remove the post: “No, I did not remove my post. America is being manipulated into a new era of government control. Your liberty is threatened from within.”

People are allowed to   openly carry firearms in Louisiana , and Higgins is   a vocal advocate for gun rights .

Higgins’ initial post came in advance of a Black Lives Matter protest scheduled for Tuesday night. The event was   peaceful , according to the Advocate, and was basically a barbecue. A small group with guns known as the Louisiana Cajun Militia did show up. They appeared to be all, or mostly, white.

“That’s their right to protest as long as they keep it peaceful,” said Michael “Sauce” McComas, who said he was the leader of the group. “We’re just not gonna let them go around burning flags and intimidating.”

It doesn’t seem like a coincidence that Higgins chose a picture of armed Black vigilantes. It was taken from coverage of a Black militia  that showed up in Louisville, Kentucky, to protest the police killing of 26-year-old Breonna Taylor.

If Higgins was truly concerned about vigilantes of all colors at protests, as he said, it would have been far easier to find a picture of white militia members.

White vigilantes have been   a constant, and often threatening, presence   at racial justice protests this summer. White vigilantes and far-right actors have shown up at Black Lives Matter protests in the U.S. at least 497 times this year, according to data collected by   Alexander Reid Ross   at the Center for Analysis of the Radical Right.

Their presence has not only been accepted by police, it’s been embraced.

Before 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse allegedly killed two protesters and injured one other in Kenosha, Wisconsin,   video showed police thanking him   and the other heavily armed white men he was with for the work they were doing.

“We appreciate you guys, we really do,” a cop   told   the group before tossing Rittenhouse a bottle of water.

Higgins’ office did not return a request for additional comment for this piece.

In 2017, Higgins faced widespread condemnation after creating a video of himself touring the Auschwitz concentration camp.

“This is why   homeland security must be squared away , why our military must be invincible. ... It’s hard to walk away from the gas chambers and ovens without a very sober feeling of commitment ― unwavering commitment ― to make damn sure that the United States of America is protected from the evils of the world,” he said in the video.

He eventually   apologized and took it down .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Rep. Clay Higgins (R-La.) said he’d be more than willing to shoot any armed demonstrators in Louisiana in a Facebook post Tuesday that was accompanied by a picture of Black men with guns.

“One way ticket fellas,” he wrote on his campaign account. “Have your affairs in order. Me?... I wouldn’t even spill my beer. I’d drop any 10 of you where you stand.”

“We don’t care what color you are. We don’t care if you’re left or right. If you show up like this, if We recognize threat ... you won’t walk away,” added Higgins, a former police officer.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

Another trumpturd supporting KILLING PROTESTERS.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

"Higgins’ initial post came in advance of a Black Lives Matter protest scheduled for Tuesday night. The event was      peaceful   , according to the Advocate, and was basically a barbecue. A small group with guns known as the Louisiana Cajun Militia did show up. They appeared to be all, or mostly, white.

“That’s their right to protest as long as they keep it peaceful,” said Michael “Sauce” McComas, who said he was the leader of the group. “We’re just not gonna let them go around burning flags and intimidating.”

It doesn’t seem like a coincidence that Higgins chose a picture of armed Black vigilantes. It was taken from  coverage of a Black militia  that showed up in Louisville, Kentucky, to protest the police killing of 26-year-old Breonna Taylor."
Who does this turd McComas think he is?
These supremacist scum are the intimidating ones.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

"If Higgins was truly concerned about vigilantes of all colors at protests, as he said, it would have been far easier to find a picture of white militia members.

White vigilantes have been    a constant, and often threatening, presence    at racial justice protests this summer. White vigilantes and far-right actors have shown up at Black Lives Matter protests in the U.S. at least 497 times this year, according to data collected by    Alexander Reid Ross    at the Center for Analysis of the Radical Right.

Their presence has not only been accepted by police, it’s been embraced."

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
5  Account Deleted    4 years ago

What? A Republican desiring to revoke his state's open carry law?

'cause you need to do that before you start shooting.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    4 years ago

Of course Higgins was referring to the Nazis and Ku Kluxers, right?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7  Gsquared    4 years ago

Another Ruff Tuff Cream Puff.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Typical statement of a punk ass bitch who would shriek at the sight of a mouse.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8    4 years ago

I wonder what his thoughts are about Russian bounties on our kids in uniform...?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.1    4 years ago

"Huh? What? Bounties on American service personnel? Fake news or some damn thing."

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1.1    4 years ago

Or...... I'll get back to you after the election on that topic.  Please donate.