╌>

Charges filed against militia members traveling to Kenosha

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gsquared  •  4 years ago  •  22 comments

Charges filed against militia members traveling to Kenosha
Two members of the 417 Second Amendment Militia group from Missouri traveling to Kenosha, Wisconsin, were arrested Thursday by federal officials and charged with illegally possessing a cache of weapons.

From the article:

"FBI agents found in their hotel room an Armory AR-15 rifle, a Mossberg 500 AB 12-Gauge shotgun, two handguns, a silencer, ammunition, body armor, a drone, a twisted cable survival saw, a dagger and other materials, prosecutors said. They each have criminal records and were not authorized to have any firearms of ammunition, prosecutors said."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Two members of the 417 Second Amendment Militia group from Missouri traveling to Kenosha, Wisconsin, were arrested Thursday by federal officials and charged with illegally possessing a cache of weapons.

Michael M. Karmo   and   Cody E. Smith   were separately charged and ordered to be temporarily detained until their bail hearings on September 8 at 10:30 a.m. in front of Magistrate Judge Stephen C. Dries.

Karmo, 40 and Smith, 33, were roommates for a month, worked together and were members of the 417 Second Amendment Militia, a pro-law enforcement group, according to the criminal complaint.

They traveled by car to Kenosha to "see for themselves" what was going on at the protests, attended a "Make America Great Again" rally and planned to go to Portland to "take action" if police were defunded, according to Karmo's criminal complaint.

"Kenosha Police Department advised FBI that a law enforcement agency in Iowa had received a tip that Karmo and an unidentified male were in possession of firearms and traveling from Missouri to Kenosha, Wisconsin," prosecutors said in a statement Thursday.

FBI agents found in their hotel room an Armory AR-15 rifle, a Mossberg 500 AB 12-Gauge shotgun, two handguns, a silencer, ammunition, body armor, a drone, a twisted cable survival saw, a dagger and other materials, prosecutors said. They each have criminal records and were not authorized to have any firearms of ammunition, prosecutors said.

Their criminal complaints contained screenshots of Karmo's Facebook page where he posed in all black attire and in one photograph is allegedly holding a gun with a laser.

An attorney was not listed for Karmo, according to the online court file. A request for comment from Smith's attorney Craig Albee was not returned on Friday.

If convicted they each face up to 10 years in prison for each charge

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Gsquared    4 years ago

Convicted criminal members of a "pro-law enforcement" militia...

Good thing they were caught before they could cause any mayhem or murder.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1  Dulay  replied to  Gsquared @1    4 years ago

Did you read about the Boogaloo Bois busted in Minnesota and charged with terrorism?

Glad to see that all the 'Federal assistance' is rounding up the anarchists. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Dulay @1.1    4 years ago

Was that in June or more recently?

Please feel free to post a link to that information here.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @1.1.1    4 years ago

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @1.1.2    4 years ago

Thanks, Kavika

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Gsquared @1.1.1    4 years ago

Just happened as Kavika's link shows. Aren't they handsome devils? 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Dulay @1.1.4    4 years ago

Really disgusting

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @1    4 years ago

Ahhh yes, those peaceful right-wing milita. Never have a violence problem with them.../s

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Kavika @1.2    4 years ago

Ya, my lunatic brother in law was a big time militia dude. His wife tamed him a bit and she ran for office in our district. Luckily, she got nowhere because if I thought she would win I intended to out them as RW nutjobs. He used to harass us until I stood in my driveway with a 9mm and told him I'd put a bullet in him if came near us again. I guess he believed me because he buggered off. 

It seems that it never occurs to ammosexuals that liberals have guns too. 

By the way, because of him and his buddies I hope that the FBI listens in on HAM radio traffic...scary shit. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Kavika   replied to  Dulay @1.2.1    4 years ago
It seems that it never occurs to ammosexuals that liberals have guns too. 

That certainly seems to be a consensus on the right. I'm sure that they would shit their militia pants if they came face to face with my Stevens 520-30 trench gun, the perfect close combat sweeper.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Kavika @1.2.2    4 years ago
Stevens 520-30

Well that dwarfs my Remington 20 gauge but my wife is tiny and she handles the 20 gauge much better. She used a 12 gauge at work but it always left her a bit bruised. I was surprised it didn't knock her on her ass but she had to range qualify with the 12 gauge and an AR-15. I thought about epoxying her targets to our garage door as a 'Beware of Liberal' sign.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Kavika   replied to  Dulay @1.2.3    4 years ago
I thought about epoxying her targets to our garage door as a 'Beware of Liberal' sign.  

LOL, that would be a perfect sign.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    4 years ago

OMG!

You mean they had a twisted cable survival saw?

Call in the National Guard!

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

Convicted felons in possession of firearms.  What happened to law and order?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1    4 years ago

I agree, we need more “twisted cable survival saw” control.    Perhaps you can limit the length to mitigate the inherently dangerous nature of such “weapons.”

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    4 years ago

So...  The guns are okie dokie as long as they have a saw?  A saw makes a dandy garrotte. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.2    4 years ago

Well then, there you go.    

You clearly need “twisted cable survival saw” control.    

Better write your congressman.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago

"AR-15 rifle, a Mossberg 500 AB 12-Gauge shotgun, two handguns, a silencer, ammunition, body armor, a drone, a twisted cable survival saw, a dagger and other materials, prosecutors said. They each have criminal records and were not authorized to have any firearms or ammunition, prosecutors said."

Your facetious comment is typical.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Gsquared @2.2    4 years ago

[deleted meta]

[deleted skirting]

Sad

That said, the incongruity of including that saw in the list of other weapons demonstrates the obtuse nature of the reporting.    

But I get it.    For some folks “twisted cable survival saw” scary bad!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.1    4 years ago

deep seeded need to make things personal

removed for context

Especially, it would seem those reactionaries whose blathering response to many comments is often to spew as a personal insult:  "TDS!  TDS!  TDS!"

Pathetic.

The saw, of course, would effectivly replace the saber the reactionaries' Islamic terrorist role models use to cut off the heads of their perceived enemies.  Boojahideen...

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Gsquared @2.2.2    4 years ago

Funny how the the 'right' whine about what police list on court filings against right wing 'activists' yet when a whole group of people are arrested in Kenosha for buying gasoline for the generator they use to feed people at protests, the right cheers. The cognitive dissonance is galactic. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.2.4  seeder  Gsquared  replied to  Dulay @2.2.3    4 years ago

Yes, galactic is a good way to describe it.