╌>

Biden Slams Trump's Obsession With Conspiracy Theories: 'What In God's Name Are We Doing?'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  6 comments

By:   Cristina Cabrera (TPM)

Biden Slams Trump's Obsession With Conspiracy Theories: 'What In God's Name Are We Doing?'
Biden asked. "What in God's name are we doing? Look at how it makes us look around the world. It's mortifying. It's embarrassing. And it's dangerous." "If the President doesn't know better, which he has to know better, then my Lord, we're in much more trouble than I ever thought we were," he added.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

GettyImages-1204962828-804x545.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Friday afternoon swiped at President Donald Trump's penchant for outlandish conspiracy theories, including his embrace of the infamous QAnon conspiracy theory.

During a Q&A with the press, Biden described the QAnon conspiracy theory, which alleges that Trump is on a secret mission to take down a satanic cabal of pedophiles powered by the global elite, as "totally bizarre."

The presidential hopeful also jabbed at Trump's evidence-free claim that there was a plane "almost completely loaded with thugs" wearing "black uniforms with gear" that was going to disrupt the Republican National Convention (RNC) last week.

"Anybody found that plane?" Biden asked. "What in God's name are we doing? Look at how it makes us look around the world. It's mortifying. It's embarrassing. And it's dangerous."

"If the President doesn't know better, which he has to know better, then my Lord, we're in much more trouble than I ever thought we were," he added.

Watch Biden below:

Biden on Trump's bizarre conspiracy theory on a plane filled with thugs: "What in God's name are we doing?" pic.twitter.com/8AwFltzQqq
— TPM Livewire (@TPMLiveWire) September 4, 2020

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

It's obvious which one of the two is the sane one.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
It's obvious which one of the two is the sane one.  

It's obvious to anyone who doesn't have their head shoved up Trumps ass. Sadly, from a Trump sycophants perspective, believing in unfounded conspiracy theories is their alternative reality where they wallow and swim in alternative 'facts'. In this bizzaro universe they have created, up is down, water isn't wet, a serial adulterer is their moral compass, vaccines are a Bill Gates or George Soros plot, the fantasy "deep State" is running the country, Democrats eat babies, global warming is a hoax, fossils were planted by Satan to trick humans into believing evolution and the right wing extremists are innocent regardless of the death and destruction they cause.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    4 years ago

It never could have happened to this extent without the convergence of two "information" streams that were created in the early 90's and melded together, dishonest right wing media and the internet. Suddenly any crackpot disgusting strange idea could gain an audience and create feedback through comments, e-mail, message board and then eventually social media. I think this conspiracy love on the part of "conservatives" is much more dangerous to the country than most people want to admit. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

This is Biden. He's a "normal guy"... so all he does here is appeal to other "normal guys"... of both sexes...

The hope is that people will see the difference between "normal guy" and "crazy guy"...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    4 years ago

I've heard people say Joe is slow to responding to some questions.  That is because he takes a moment to formulate a proper well thought out response unlike Trump who just opens his trap and bs comes out.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    4 years ago

I think Biden's astonishment and mystification at the craziness are normal human reactions... and I think most people will see it that way.