╌>

Speaker at Far-Right Salem Rally Demands Democrat Leaders Be 'Shot Dead in the Streets'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  12 comments

By:    Ewan Palmer (Newsweek)

Speaker at Far-Right Salem Rally Demands Democrat Leaders Be 'Shot Dead in the Streets'
Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar condemned the video showing the suspected QAnon supporter getting cheered on at the Labor Day rally.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.OregonSalemFar-rightProtests

Video has emerged showing a speaker at a rally in Salem, Oregon, urging that democratic leaders be "shot dead in the streets" for pushing a so-called "pedophile agenda" and being greeted with cheers and applause from the crowd.

The man, who has not been identified, is seen speaking at the Labor Day rally which was attended by supporters of President Donald Trump, members of far-right groups Patriot Prayer and Proud Boys, as well as believers of the QAnon conspiracy theory.

During the clip, which has been viewed more than 300,000 times on Twitter, the man is seen hitting out at those who called people "crazy" and "homophobic" for speaking out against what he referred to as the "LGBT agenda."

The speaker then appears to link the gay and trans community to child sex abuse.

"The god's honest truth is the pedophile agenda is being normalized, it is being pushed forward, and I think these Democrat leaders who allowed this to happen need to be shot dead in the streets."

"Democrats need to be shot dead" and other Q crap demonizing LGBTQ.
SALEM, OREGON pic.twitter.com/8WVhPtMXnG
— Cozca (@KohzKah) September 7, 2020

The rhetoric used by the speaker appears to support baseless claims pushed by QAnon proponents, who believe Trump is waging a secret war against high-profile Satan-worshipping pedophiles and cannibals and will one day start making arrests.

QAnon also has ties with the Pizzagate conspiracy, which falsely alleged influential Democrats, including Hillary Clinton, were connected to a child sex ring linked to a pizza restaurant in Washington, D.C.

In December 2016, Pizzagate believer Edgar MaddisonWelch opened fire inside the Comet Ping Pong pizza restaurant in Washington, D.C. after wrongly thinking it was being used to traffic and abuse children.

Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar said the man calling for Democrats to be shot in the street is a direct result of the rhetoric used by Trump against left-wing protesters.

"When you're a Democrat, the media makes you have to answer for every broken window and thrown bottle by protesters, regardless of what they're protesting or where," Omar tweeted.

"But when actual GOP & Trump supporters, like the folks below, call & cheer for assassinating Democrats... silence.

"When the President said 'when the looting starts, the shooting starts' this is the kind of rhetoric he's normalizing.

"And while Trump and his party own these threats, and the violence that comes with them, the worst part is they *know* they do. And they don't care."

Elsewhere, at least two people were arrested at the rally after violent clashes between far-right groups and opposing Black Lives Matter demonstrators.

Reuters reported that police originally stood by as the two opposing groups physically fought with each other outside the capitol building in Salem.

Police then tackled two people after they were seen repeatedly punching Black Lives Matter demonstrators.

Video posted on social media appears to show one suspected Proud Boys supporter hitting a man with a bat before another repeatedly punches him on the ground. A woman is seen spraying mace on the man's face as he lies on the floor.

Ty Parker, 53, of Durango, Colorado, was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and first-degree intimidation, reported Oregon Live. Trenton Wolfskill, 37, of Eugene, was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor assault. Both were later released.

The Salem Police Department have been contacted for comment.

Far-right protesters walk past the state capitol with long rifles during a rally on September 7, 2020 in Salem, Oregon. Video has emerged showing a speaker at the urging Democratic leaders be "shot dead in the street."Nathan Howard/Getty

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

video of the threat

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    4 years ago

There is also video of these trumpturd supporters beating up anti-fa and BLM protesters.  I can't seem to copy it or I would provide it.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1  Dulay  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

Here's a link of the attack and arrest:

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @2.1    4 years ago

America has sure become a scary place to be for a lot of reasons.  I sure as hell feel a lot safer in China. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

What an asshole.  Does he think that we don't own guns also and many have perfect aim.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Hatred and bigotry have zero racial or political boundaries. It is a sickness far too common to all sides whether they be extreme left or extreme right. The individual(s) making those comments need to be arrested and locked up.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4    4 years ago

I don't know how you can say that 'both sides' bullshit when the majority of hatred and bigotry is coming from the 'right', from trumpturd, and his supporters.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    4 years ago

I guess I look at things with a wider lens than you do. I'd say listen to the crap the people like Maxine Waters and the Squad spew, but I doubt you do. You have a good evening.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.1    4 years ago

Wider lens, HA!

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.1    4 years ago

Or maybe narrower since you seem to be missing what Jordan or Gaetz or Nunes or Stefanik spew. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5  sixpick    4 years ago

I can't see it at 1047pm EDT.

But I can tell you, if you think anyone on here doesn't condemn anyone saying what the article says he is saying, you'd be wrong.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

since violent riots are Now “mostly peaceful“, this must be an ultra peaceful protest.

Calling for murder at blm protests isn’t even news anymore. Actual murders happen at those.  Glad you finally found a single example so can try and claim some sort of equivalency between the two.