╌>

THE PLOT TO HACK AMERICA How Putin's Cyberspies and Wikileaks Tried To Steal the 2016 Election

Category:  Readers, etc.

Via:  cb  •  4 years ago  •  7 comments

THE PLOT TO HACK AMERICA  How Putin's Cyberspies and Wikileaks Tried To Steal the 2016 Election
In The Plot To Hack America, I have attempted to explain the story of the first massive Russian cyberwarfare operation against the United States electorate, and how Vladimir Putin attempted to engineer Donald J. Trump's improbable electioon as president of the United States.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

51x92VvCvzL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Plot to Hack America   is the thrilling true story of how Putin’s spy agency, run by the Russian billionaire class, used the promise of power and influence to cultivate Trump as well as his closest aides, the Kremlin Crew, to become unwitting assets of the Russian government. The goal? To put an end to 240 years of free and fair American democratic elections.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

CB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  CB    4 years ago

This is a great read and I encourage members who have not read the book to do so. Join a book club! (I did.) It's fun stuff. I read books everyday and everywhere on my devices!

Anybody else read this book? Wow!  A real page-turner and eye opener as to how it happened!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2  Gsquared    4 years ago

I read Malcolm Nance's book, The Plot to Destroy America, which documents Russia's efforts regarding the 2016 election.  It was a good read and I recommend it.  I also highly recommend The Road to Unfreedom by Timothy Snyder.  It is a detailed, carefully researched study of Putin's philosophy.  It is one of the most important books I have ever read.  I have read it four times already, and each time I learn more.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  CB  replied to  Gsquared @2    4 years ago

I will have to fast-track that one too, by Malcolm. Russia is at it all again in 2020 and startlingly we are only meagerly better off than before: Thank you, Intelligence community. And, thank you media for (so far) not feasting off the dangling bait of Russian planted emails on Biden's son- Hunter!

NOTE: You should do an article on the two books and lets entice some interest in good fact-based reading! And more!

CB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  CB    4 years ago

The Plot to Hack America will also try to explain how the CYBER BEARS [RUSSIAN TROLLS) group was detected; how CYBER BEARS hacks personal and intelligence data from its enemies and then uses that intelligence to choose political allies and "useful idiots" to do their bidding in the target nation. . . CYBER BEARS teams also often masquerade as American voters and post Pro-Trump positions and materials on Twitter, Facebook, and Other sites to support the election of Donald Trump.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    4 years ago

This is a very interesting article by Timothy Snyder about Ivan Ilyan, Putin's favorite philosopher.  Snyder is a Professor of History at Yale.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  CB  replied to  Gsquared @4    4 years ago
In the early 2000s, Putin maintained that Russia could become some kind of rule-of-law state. Instead, he succeeded in bringing economic crime within the Russian state, transforming general corruption into official kleptocracy. Once the state became the center of crime, the rule of law became incoherent, inequality entrenched, and reform unthinkable. 

What an interesting read. Great food for thought on many accounts in it.One is above in the italics. Our nation's rule of law is undergoing a beating. is our state becoming the center of crime?

CB
Professor Principal
5  seeder  CB    3 years ago

Good read!