╌>

Ohio man tells police of scheme to place Gov. Mike DeWine under ‘house arrest’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  4 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   Jeremy Pelzer, cleveland.com

Ohio man tells police of scheme to place Gov. Mike DeWine under ‘house arrest’
Turner was reported to have said the plan was to arrest the governor later that weekend, try him for several supposed crimes, and sentence him to a penalty that could include exile or execution

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

COLUMBUS, Ohio—A Miami County resident has told police that he was approached about helping to arrest Gov. Mike DeWine at his Greene County home and try him for “tyranny.”

The case has been referred to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, though a spokesman declined to discuss further details, citing security reasons.

A resident of Piqua, in a police report filed last Friday, said that he was contacted earlier that day by Renea Turner, an activist who has been protesting DeWine’s coronavirus policies. Cleveland.com is withholding the man’s name for safety reasons.

During the call, Turner was reported to have said the plan was to arrest the governor later that weekend, try him for several supposed crimes, and sentence him to a penalty that could include exile or execution, according to the Ohio Capital Journal , which first reported the story, as well as state Rep. John Becker of Clermont County in a YouTube video .

The man told police that he told Turner that he didn’t want to be involved and that he would contact authorities. The man could not be reached for comment.

Turner, in an interview with cleveland.com, confirmed that she talked to the man about the idea of placing the governor under house arrest but denied that she discussed any specific plans to do so. “He’s a dingbat,” Turner said of the man.

Turner, who ran an unsuccessful write-in campaign against DeWine in the 2018 GOP primary for governor, holds that DeWine should be removed and she should become governor in his place. She said she believes DeWine should then be put under house arrest to “protect” him.

Turner said members of the Highway Patrol came to her house on Friday morning after Becker posted his YouTube video giving details about the alleged scheme to arrest DeWine. One of the troopers "said he was just there to check out my temperament and what my plans are,” she said.

DeWine, speaking with reporters Friday, said he wasn’t aware of any plan to place him under unofficial arrest.

“But look, we have people in every state who believe that they can take the law into their own hands,” the governor said. “We have people who believe the government’s illegitimate and they have every right to go and basically overthrow the government in one form or the other. I think it’s incumbent upon all of us to denounce that and say that’s wrong.”

Becker said in his video that he was told of the arrest plan by the same man who filed the police report and reported it to the Highway Patrol on his own. “The plot did not materialize. The governor was never in danger,” Becker said. “And it’s all because of this hero in Piqua.”

News of the alleged arrest scheme comes after seven men were charged with plotting to kidnap and try Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam for so-called crimes related to their coronavirus responses. The Whitmer plot, which allegedly stemmed from a meeting in suburban Columbus last June, has no known connection to the alleged plan to arrest DeWine.

In Ohio, DeWine’s coronavirus policies -- which have including a statewide mask mandate and now-rescinded “stay-at-home” and business closure orders -- have been protested by a vocal minority of Ohioans, mostly on the right. Becker has introduced articles of impeachment against the governor (though the effort hasn’t gone anywhere), and is urging people to petition their local prosecutors to arrest the governor on charges ranging from terrorism to inciting panic.

Last April, some anti-DeWine protesters reportedly drove by DeWine’s Greene County house , filming it and counting cars.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    4 years ago

'Trump In A Dress'

Her dating profile:

I'm young for my age, I endure holistic medical techniques just for laughs, I once had half of a facelift on a dare, I like walking into rooms backwards, and I can pee on demand even if I don't have to pee. 

But my proudest achievement?  I'm Trump in a dress.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1    4 years ago

Sounds like a real winner there...

Though I am sure there are some boys that would be proud to line up...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Where do these people think they live? Bolivia?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    4 years ago

They live in Amagaca.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Ender  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1    4 years ago

Amagastan...

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    4 years ago

I am beginning to think the reason some people love donald is they want him to burn down the house.

All the while calling themselves patriotic...

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ender @3    4 years ago

I wonder if it has occurred to them that they live in that house.