╌>

Photos of Kyle Rittenhouse at Wisconsin Bar Surface on Social Media

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  3 years ago  •  35 comments

By:   JOSHUA ESPINOZA

Photos of Kyle Rittenhouse at Wisconsin Bar Surface on Social Media
Many questioned whether Rittenhouse had violated the conditions of his $2 million bond, as he was seen holding alcohol despite being underage. But as pointed out by Kenosha News, those under 18 can legally drink at bars if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Accused murderer  Kyle Rittenhouse  was spotted at a Wisconsin bar this week wearing a shirt that shamelessly read, "Free as Fuck." Photos of the outing immediately began circulating on social, sparking outrage among Twitter users who say the teen is yet another example of white privilege.

According to  Kenosha News , the 18-year-old was photographed at Pudgy's Pub in Mount Pleasant on Tuesday, just hours after he pleaded not guilty to all charges in connection to a deadly shooting  back in August. The pictures show Rittenhouse seemingly unfazed by his criminal charges, as he smiles and holds a beer while standing next to a pool table.

On Friday, the Mount Pleasant Police Department was reportedly notified about a video that showed the Illinois teen inside the establishment. Officers looked into the footage and determined Rittenhouse had visited Pudgy's Pub with a parent between 2:25 to 4:25 p.m. His arraignment took place at around 1 p.m. that day.

Many questioned whether Rittenhouse had violated the conditions of his $2 million bond, as he was seen holding alcohol despite being underage. But as pointed out by  Kenosha News , those under 18 can legally drink at bars if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.

"Contact was made with the Kenosha County District Attorney’s Office, and after explaining the situation, his actions and presence in the establishment did not constitute a violation of his bond agreement," Lt. Scott Geyer of the Mount Pleasant Police Department told Kenosha News .

Rittenhouse has been charged with fatally shooting two men and wounding a third in Kenosha, Wisconsin, back in August. The killings took place during a night of unrest sparked by the police shooting of Jacob Blake. Rittenhouse, who was 17 at the time, claimed he had traveled to Kenosha from his home in Illinois with the intention of protecting businesses from potential rioters. He was seen walking around the streets carrying an assault-style rifle before a confrontation with demonstrators turned deadly.

Rittenhouse and his legal team have claimed he was acting in self-defense on the night of the shootings. He is now facing a number of charges, including first-degree intentional homicide, first-degree reckless homicide, and attempted first-degree intentional homicide. His trial is expected to begin March 29. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

That’s some wonderful parenting, huh?  Let’s cement our son’s horrible image by turning him into the next affluenza case.  Soon Kyle will know the word ‘fuck’ much more intimately than he would prefer.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    3 years ago

living it up while he can, new meat. bwah ha ha ha

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    3 years ago

Stuck on stupid......

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

Unbelievable.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    3 years ago

Hasn't Trump pardoned this guy already?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JBB @3    3 years ago

If it were a federal charge he would have already pardoned him, and any subsequent murders he committed as well.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.2  evilone  replied to  JBB @3    3 years ago

It's a state charge, Trump can't touch it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Doesn't Wisconsin lose federal funding for not enforcing the federal age limit on alcohol? Yes, I know that the Kenosha News reported that a minor can drink in a bar if a parent is with him/her...but I have never heard of that in any other state. Every state I have been in won't even allow a minor in a bar

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago

Who goes to a bar . . . with their mom?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    3 years ago

Special kinds of people.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    3 years ago

I did...after I turned 21....

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    3 years ago
Who goes to a bar . . . with their mom?

he's in training to expand the family business into the state correctional institution.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.2  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago

I thought it was crazy too.  I did not know of this law myself.  Most states can arrest parents who allow underage drinking in their home, and Wisconsin is letting them do it right there in a public setting.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4.2    3 years ago

Think about it..... It's Wisconsin.  The same state that thought Scott Walker was a good idea.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.2.1    3 years ago

That Wisconsin law has been on the books for quite some time now.

Since before Walker, so your lame attempt to somehow drag Walker into it falls waaaaaay short.

When the Democrats ran Wisconsin, was it all perfect then?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.2.1    3 years ago

I just figured it's because Wisconsin likes its beer. I have known a few people from Wisconsin, tho, they were all weird. One of roommates in tech school was from WI and my daughter's FIL is from there

evilone
Professor Guide
4.2.4  evilone  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.3    3 years ago

I'm living in WI just across the border from MN. I'm originally from MN. I've lived in & visited many states and one thing I've found true most everywhere is that PEOPLE are weird. If I could pick up and move I'd move out to one of the smaller cities in the Pacific Northwest because that area is spectacularly beautiful and I like rain. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @4.2.4    3 years ago

I know I'm weird. I've lived in few different places myself. If I could choose where to live right now, it would be Florida along the panhandle

evilone
Professor Guide
4.3  evilone  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    3 years ago
...but I have never heard of that in any other state.

According to an

Breakdown of Laws Regarding Underage Drinking by State

The following list outlines exceptions to the legal drinking age including which states have specific exceptions allowing for minors to possess and/or consume alcohol legally: 5

• Possession of alcohol allowed by minors for a “family exception” in 29 states (which may or may not have specific location restrictions as well):   Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
  • Possession of alcohol by minors allowed with specific location restrictions in 5 states:   Hawaii, Nebraska, Minnesota, South Carolina, and New Jersey.
  • Consumption of alcohol permitted for a “family exception” in 19 states (with or without specific location restrictions):   Washington, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Texas, Wisconsin, Ohio, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alaska, Oregon, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Maine.
  • Consumption of alcohol by minors not explicitly prohibited in 14 states:   California, Nevada, New Mexico, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, and Massachusetts.
  • Consumption of alcohol by minors allowed with specific location restrictions in two states:   New Jersey and Nebraska.
  • Internal possession laws prohibiting minors from having alcohol in their bodies at all in nine states:   Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, New Hampshire, and Michigan.
  • Family members able to furnish a minor with alcohol in 31 states:   Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Maine.
  • Location restrictions when family members furnish minors with alcohol in 12 states:   Oregon, Alaska, New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, Iowa, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Maine.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.3.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  evilone @4.3    3 years ago

That makes my head spin.  I had no idea that so many states had so much alcohol consumption leniency.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @4.3    3 years ago

Thanks for the info. So I wasn't breaking the law all those years ago...

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.3.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  evilone @4.3    3 years ago
Internal possession laws prohibiting minors from having alcohol in their bodies at all in nine states:   Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, New Hampshire, and Michigan.

Which to me is strange considering NyQuil and Listerine both contain alcohol; while people generally don't drink Listerine, NyQuil is for 12 years of age or older. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    3 years ago

There is a neighborhood in Chicago which has over the years been notorious for underage drinking. The cops sometimes send undercover people in to try and get served without id.  A number of bars have been shut down for a period at one time or another for underage drinking. 

When one of my nephews was 18 he started playing 16" softball on a men's team ( these teams are often sponsored by bars) and after a particular game he asked me if I wanted to go back to the bar with them for a beer.  I asked him how he was going to get served in the bar since he was only 18 (got to be 21 to get served in Illinois). He started  laughing and pointed to one of his friends who was with us, another 18 year old. "He's the guy who checks the ID's at the door."  The guy who owned the bar had 18 year olds working as the bouncer and as the one who checked id's for underage.  I should say that the bouncer kid was a big guy who could pass for 21 at the time. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Other than pearl clutching moral scolds, who is supposed to care about this?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    3 years ago

The friends and families of the innocent people he murdered, for one.  Non-deplorables for another.  I see what camp you’re in.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1    3 years ago
the innocent people he murdered,

I don't think you know what those words mean. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1.2  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.1    3 years ago

Oh, right.  I forgot about Kyle being assaulted with a plastic bag while he was openly breaking laws.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.2    3 years ago

When you have to mislead  about the circumstances surrounding the shootings, you defeat your own point.  

A gun was shot at him as tried to run away from the first man who attacked him.. An honest accounting of the night would address that. You, of course didn't.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.3    3 years ago

There is no misleading when it comes to this killer Kyle Rittenhouse.  

No guns were shot at this killer.  

He killed two people in cold blood.  

This killer was not attacked by anyone.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    3 years ago

What's really scary is you believe this. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.5    3 years ago

It's true.  Any one with any sense would know that.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1.7  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.3    3 years ago

A gun was shot at him as tried to run away from the first man who attacked him.

Wow.  Is that the line Russian trolls / Q is pushing now?  Face it - Kyle is fucked as fuck.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.7    3 years ago

that the line Russian trolls / Q is pushing now

I suppose when you get that far left, even the New York Times=Q.   What did the Dailykos diaries tell you happened?

Kyle is fucked as fuck.

Not  as long as the law is fairly applied. . 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

He really looks upset about having killed two people...

original

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

I was unlucky enough that i had 6 and a half months that i could legally buy booze before they upped the age from 18 to 21, no grandfather clause either that since i could buy it before the age got jacked up i could continue buying.... when in the service , the drinking age on base was dictated by the base commander  for military members on base , and that would include if it was just beer, and or hard booze, from what i understand thats pretty much been phased out and most bases follow federal drinking age. not that its hard for a military member to get booze anyway.

The culture shock for me was when i was stationed in belgium, sitting in a bodega having alocal brew , and in walks a kid , no more than 12, sits at the bar and orders and gets a beer. 

when i inquired with the barkeep he said there, if someone comes in and they sit down and can see over the bar , they can be served, i was called something of a prude as well , but i explained in the US that wouldnt work, this was back in 84.