╌>

Prosecutors request arrest warrant for Kyle Rittenhouse after he allegedly violates bond

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  34 comments

By:   Doha Madani (MSN)

Prosecutors request arrest warrant for Kyle Rittenhouse after he allegedly violates bond
The teen, charged with killing two people during protests in Kenosha last year, failed to update his address with the court, prosecutors say.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Wisconsin prosecutors filed a motion on Wednesday requesting an arrest warrant and bond increase against Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager who was charged with killing two people during protests in Kenosha last summer.

Rittenhouse, 18, allegedly violated the conditions of his bond by failing to notify the court of his changed address, which inhibits the ability to monitor his whereabouts, according to the Kenosha County District Attorney's Office. A notice for a hearing was returned to the sender without a forwarding address, a court filing from Thursday.

Prosecutors argued that because Rittenhouse did not post the bond for his release himself, he has maintained a careless attitude about his situation and has little incentive to comply with his bond conditions.

"After all, it is extremely unusual for a defendant facing a charge of First Degree Intentional Homicide in Kenosha County to post cash bond and be released from custody pending trial," the motion said. "Rarely does our community see accused murderers roaming about freely."

Rittenhouse was released from Kenosha County Jail on a $2 million bond in November following donations made to his legal defense fund, largely by right-wing activists and conservative celebrities.

The motion requests the court issue a warrant for Rittenhouse's arrest and to increase the teenager's bond by $200,000. It also asks the court to order Rittenhouse to update his address immediately.

Mark Richards, an attorney for Rittenhouse, did not immediately respond to a phone call and email requesting comment from NBC News. Richards told NBC affiliate WTMJ that he is looking into a response to the motion.

© Adam Rogan Kyle Rittenhouse carries a weapon as he walks along Sheridan Road in Kenosha, Wis., on Aug. 25, 2020. (Adam Rogan / AP file)

Rittenhouse allegedly killed Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26, when he traveled to Wisconsin last year to guard a car dealership during the protests that took place after the Aug. 23 shooting of Jacob Blake.

He is also accused of injuring a third man, Gaige Grosskreutz, who had a handgun.

The court had only just modified the release conditions of Rittenhouse's bond on Jan. 22, after the teenager was spotted at a bar.

Prosecutors filed a motion after Rittenhouse was spotted with his mother at a local bar in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, on Jan. 5, the same day he pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.

Rittenhouse was photographed in a shirt that read "Free as F***," while flashing the "OK" sign — a gesture that has been co-opted by known white supremacist groups, the motion said. He was seen consuming alcohol while being serenaded by a group of adult men who sang the Proud Boys' anthem, according to the motion.

The state of Wisconsin allows those under the age of 21 to drink alcohol if they are with a parent, though it is illegal in Illinois where Rittenhouse was residing.

Rittenhouse is barred from drinking alcohol and prohibited from associating with any group or person known to menace others on the basis of things like race or religion. He can't have any weapons.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Rittenhouse was photographed in a shirt that read "Free as F***," while flashing the "OK" sign — a gesture that has been co-opted by known white supremacist groups, the motion said. He was seen consuming alcohol while being serenaded by a group of adult men who sang the Proud Boys' anthem, according to the motion.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

last I heard, prison isn't segregated. bummer. sucks being him.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

The little shit believes he can do whatever he pleases.  He should be behind bars until trial  

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago

I wonder if Ricky Schroeder and Mike Lindell are questioning their own generosity in the matter.  Lin Wood, one of the defendant's attorneys, co-founded a fundraising campaign for Mr. Rittenhouse.  He issued a statement that Schroeder and Lindell's generous contributions put the fundraising efforts well over the needed $2 million.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    3 years ago

They're not getting that money back now

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    3 years ago

Keep his butt in jail where he belongs

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    3 years ago

Wow, I guess not too many people are interested in having no cash bonds now, huh?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4    3 years ago

Oh please do post a link that shows that ANYONE was interested in no cash bonds for those charged with MURDER. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.1    3 years ago

not what I wrote, now is it?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.1.2    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    3 years ago

So now he won't even tell them where he is...

I am getting that affluenza teen vibe from him.

Professor Guide
5.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ender @5    3 years ago
I am getting that affluenza teen vibe from him.

Sugar-britches prior to bonding out:

_v=63f541612401155

Sugar-britches after bonding out:

e8d33b7fc1014758a6325006697647e9_md.jpg

source

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1    3 years ago

What gets me is, he acts like he has no remorse. Not a care in the world.

Watch that his attorney comes out and says that he had to go into hiding because of death threats.

Professor Guide
5.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    3 years ago
Watch that his attorney comes out and says that he had to go into hiding because of death threats.

...and that would be to cover his own ass for not keeping a better eye on his client's shenanigans.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.2    3 years ago

Well they did just about that. Said that he had to be in a safe house and that the chief of police told them to put down the wrong address.

Saying that he needs to be in a safe house for his safety.

I guess his safehouse is a bar...

If that is true, I hope the cop gets charged with aiding and abetting a fugitive. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @5.1.3    3 years ago

They should have put an ankle monitor on him

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.5    3 years ago
He already has told the court, they refused to keep his address confidential so the attorney did not give them the new address.

So you're saying his attorney disobeyed a judges order?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.7    3 years ago
Apparently, he is more concerned with he's clients safety than a court that refused to keep it out of the public record, and if that is the case, I would agree with him.

You can tell him that after he is disbarred and working at McDonalds.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.9  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @5.1.7    3 years ago

What evidence do you have that he tried to keep his clients records under seal? Got a link? 

If the attorney intentionally falsified a court document or counseled his client to do so, he should be brought up on ethics charges. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.1.9    3 years ago
"Defense Attorney Mark Richards said he'll reveal the address to prosecutors on the condition they keep it private.

Court records showed Rittenhouse's attorney did file an address change Wednesday.

For now, it's sealed until a judge makes a ruling.

When asked Thursday if the District Attorney's office knew where Rittenhouse was living, they replied, " no comment."

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1.11  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.10    3 years ago

Think that new safe house is within walking distance of the bar he's been photographed in?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.12  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.10    3 years ago

Wow, thanks for the non-responsive link Jim. 

You know that Richard's has NO unilateral authority to keep Kyle's records under seal or to set any limitations on the court or the DA right? 

You know what Richard's did Wednesday doesn't mitigate his prior violations right? 

BTW, NEITHER of Kyle's lawyers filed a motion to hold Lyle's records under seal. They're using that bullshit as an attempt to cover their asses. I hope the judge and the state nails them both. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.13  Dulay  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.8    3 years ago

I find it ironic that they pretend that it's all about security yet they used Kyle's mommy's address. Guess they weren't worried about mommy's safety...

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.1.12    3 years ago

"For now, it's sealed until a judge makes a ruling."

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.15  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.14    3 years ago
"For now, it's sealed until a judge makes a ruling."

You know what Richard's did Wednesday doesn't mitigate his prior violations right? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.1.15    3 years ago

Let's wait and see what the judge's ruling is shall we?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.17  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.16    3 years ago
Let's wait and see what the judge's ruling is shall we?

Why? That won't change the claim you already posted:

Apparently, he is more concerned with he's clients safety than a court that refused to keep it out of the public record, and if that is the case, I would agree with him. 

You agree with a lawyer and client that intentionally falsifying a court document. The facts show that they put out a narrative that was bullshit. You seem to have accepted  the lawyers BS hook, line and sinker.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.1.17    3 years ago

Hello McFly!!! I didn't post that. 

jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.18    3 years ago
Hello McFly!!! I didn't post that. 

True, but we do have to admit that it MUST be easier to debate what we want others to say rather than what they DO say, right?

LOL!

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.1.20  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.18    3 years ago

Oh my bad, you just agreed with it with a thumbs up. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

It’s ok for Greene to talk about assassinating members of congress and create threatening memes for the consumption of her/Trump’s mouthbreathing base, but snowflake Kyle can’t let the authorities even know where he lives while he’s out on bail?  Put that piece of shit in prison where he belongs.  Greene will probably be in there with him before too long.  That fucking cave woman will end up shooting someone soon.