╌>

Former SNL cast member said Trump loved his blatantly racist character on the show

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   Lauren Frias

Former SNL cast member said Trump loved his blatantly racist character on the show

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A former cast member on Saturday Night Live said former President Donald Trump loved his blatantly racist character, whom he played as a Trump supporter in one of his last skits on the show.

Actor and comedian Bobby Moynihan, who appeared on an episode of "The Last Laugh" podcast released Monday, was a part of the SNL cast for nearly a decade, playing a variety of satirical characters, including an unabashedly racist persona known to audiences as "Drunk Uncle."

Moynihan told The Daily Beast's Matt Wilstein, who hosts the podcast, that Trump didn't know that one of Moynihan's last "Drunk Uncle" skits was made to make fun of the former president.

During an SNL episode hosted by Trump in 2015, Moynihan's character declared his admiration for the then-presidential candidate.

"Finally someone is saying the things I've been thinking, as well as saying," Drunk Uncle said during the segment. "I don't just like him, I love him. He's going to make America grapes again."

"I mean, it's like I'm running for president!" he added.

Moynihan said during the podcast that Trump apparently missed the joke.

"I remember thinking, this is one of the only things in the show that's actually really bad-mouthing him and pointing out how racist and terrible he is," Moynihan told Wilstein. "And he walked up to me afterwards and I'm like, 'Oh no.' And he shook my hand."

"And he was like, 'Thank you so much. That was so nice to hear such nice things being said.' And I was like, 'you moron,'" the comedian continued.

Moynihan told Wilstein during the podcast that Trump loved the character and thanked him.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

"And he was like, 'Thank you so much. That was so nice to hear such nice things being said.' And I was like, 'you moron,'" the comedian continued.

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    3 years ago

He thinks he is so loved by the American people nobody would make fun of him, because ya know..we all just love him!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    3 years ago

When I was young I had an ‘acquaintance’ like that.  He lived near me and always wanted to hang out with me, and he was dumb as a rock and a totally uncivilized brute.  But he could always find weed so he was around a lot.  My real friends and I would mock him mercilessly, and he always thought we were cheering him on.  No, you’re just here because we needed a bag of chronic.  It was sad, but I can’t feel guilty about people who are too stupid to understand how they are received.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Trump likes anything that mentions his name and is wearing a MAGA hat.  He's too stupid to understand satire. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

I don’t think he’s even capable of understanding how being an overt racist is a negative thing.  Similar to how he can’t fathom how ripping a nursing baby from an immigrant and permanently separating her from the baby is horrific.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1    3 years ago
I don’t think he’s even capable of understanding how being an overt racist is a negative thing.

I think you are right. He doesn't care if people think he is racist. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    3 years ago

The epitome of...any press is good press.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4  Dismayed Patriot    3 years ago
"Finally someone is saying the things I've been thinking, as well as saying," Drunk Uncle said during the segment. "I don't just like him, I love him. He's going to make America grapes again."

Sadly, we found out over the last five years that there are millions of those poorly educated racist drunk Uncles in our country, thousand of which showed up on January 6th and attacked our capital. To the over 81 million of us who voted Trump out of office, we got the joke, but Trump and his followers couldn't see the joke because it was not really a joke to them, it was an accurate portrayal of his base.