By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

Cenk Uygur Debates Right Wing Conspiracy Believer

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Not a short video, but I think worthwhile for anyone interested in the topic. 

I'll give you one example of what they discuss.  The right winger, who says he is an ex-cop , brags about how he tells everyone Michelle Obama is actually a man. 

He's probably fairly representative of a certain type of person that many of us know. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    3 years ago

I visit the 'Young Turks' often.  The program is on point, current.

Unfortunately, Uygur is wasting his time to discuss anything with anyone who doesn't believe in anything remotely bordering on fact.

Hate to bring up an old truth, but Josef Goebbels knew that if you state a lie repeatedly and never waver from that lie, that lie for many becomes at least plausible and at best for others, the truth. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bbl-1 @2    3 years ago

This particular guy was evidently a Chicago cop at one time, and some of the stuff he says about policing does make some, if not enough, sense. But when he talks about conspiracies and other far right nonsense he sounds like an idiot. These type of people are not as much of a numerical minority as some people might think. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

But didn't you go all in on the baseless Trump-Putin "conspiracy"?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.1    3 years ago

You regularly bring a toothpick to a gunfight. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    3 years ago

Don't care what he says.  Watch what they do and not what they say.  Conservative governance has never done anything the man said.

Thomas
Senior Guide
3  Thomas    3 years ago

I think that this could have been a lot shorter: "Why Do I say things that people will be offended at??? Because I am an asshole and I like offending and shocking people."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Thomas @3    3 years ago

I think the guy with the white hair was hampered by his ego and his personality,  -  he was not entirely devoid of intelligence but clearly puts what intelligence he has to dubious (to put it mildly) uses.