╌>

Reported antifa rioters smash windows and vandalize businesses in downtown Portland over Biden's immigration policies

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  44 comments

By:   Michael Lee (MSN)

Reported antifa rioters smash windows and vandalize businesses in downtown Portland over Biden's immigration policies
Businesses in downtown Portland were damaged and vandalized by reported antifa rioters protesting President Biden's opening of a temporary child migrant facility in Texas.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Businesses in downtown Portland were damaged and vandalized by reported antifa rioters protesting President Biden's opening of a temporary child migrant facility in Texas.

© Provided by Washington Examiner

"When these people come through, and we've lost an entire day of business which means that's impacting my team member's wages. This has been going on for nine months," said Jim Rice, who owns Fields Bar and Grill in downtown Portland. "Where are our resources? When do we get enough resources to finally go after and fix this?"

The riots come as the Biden administration opened a temporary child migrant facility in Texas amid a spike in attempted crossings over the border and lower capacity limits at permanent facilities during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The facility was the site of controversy when it first opened up under former President Donald Trump in the summer of 2019, garnering protests outside its gates and a mass walkout of Wayfair employees due to the online retailer supplying the facility with about $200,000 in furniture.

Aware of the potential blowback for reopening the facility, the White House has claimed the shelter "won't stay open very long."

Journalist Andy Ngo, who wrote a New York Times bestselling book about antifa, documented much of the riots' destruction on Twitter.

"Portland: Using rocks, batons & weapons, #antifa smashed up businesses and cars in the Pearl District overnight," Ngo said. "They completely shut down the roads. The same area was severely vandalized by antifa back when Trump won election in 2016."

Portland: Using rocks, batons & weapons, #antifa smashed up businesses and cars in the Pearl District overnight. They completely shut down the roads. The same area was severely vandalized by antifa back when Trump won election in 2016. pic.twitter.com/5Hcr8COgz8 — Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) February 28, 2021

Another video shared by Ngo showed rioters smashing the windows of a downtown Chipotle restaurant as customers ate inside.

Overnight, #antifa destroyed numerous businesses in Portland's Pearl District as part of a pre-planned riot. People were inside this Chipotle at 1201 NW Lovejoy when antifa attacked the building. Watch this video with sound on. #PortlandRiotspic.twitter.com/2LfMAaSrjy — Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) February 28, 2021

Despite the consistent threat of similar riots in the city, police were seemingly overwhelmed by the crowd after having to respond to multiple shootings earlier in the evening.

#Antifa force @PortlandPolice to retreat during the riot overnight in NW Portland. Police resources were strained & delayed during the street violence because of multiple shootings across city they had to respond to. #PortlandRiotspic.twitter.com/W1wrxkknRD — Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) February 28, 2021

About 150 rioters marched through Portland's Pearl District, the site of many of the summer's most destructive protests in the city. Rioters smashed windows and tagged businesses such as Starbucks, Chipotle, Umpqua Bank, and Urban Pantry with graffiti.

Police were only able to make two arrests, including a 31-year-old rioter that was arrested for criminal mischief and a 17-year-old who was detained for interfering with a peace officer.

The department said more arrests could be made in the future.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

Yet another peaceful protest, I'm sure.

I bet some will claim "right wing agitators" were the cause.

When will the law-abiding citizens of Portland finally have enough of this crap?

When will the city allow the police to handle these thugs?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

They defunded their police so much that they can’t defend the business district from the humans acting like animals there.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

BS. the city of Portland has less than 50 jail cells and depends on county facilities that lost a federal overcrowding law suit,

that was revisited after COVID.  There is no where to legally house prisoners and the police and protesters know it.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.1    3 years ago

Same here. They got rid of city jail cells. Now one goes straight to county.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

From The Oregonian:

The protest began at The Fields Park, near the north end of the neighborhood , and continued through the Pearl District. Photos show an estimated 150 people gathered at the park about 9 p.m. Fliers for the protest called for “No borders! No nations! Abolish deportation.”

Darell Kimberlin, 31, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree criminal mischief, a felony. Kimberlin was issued a criminal citation and released due to COVID-19 restrictions limiting individuals who can be booked into jail.

A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of interfering with a peace officer and third-degree escape from custody. He was released to his parents.

Social media reports from KOIN reporter Drew Marine show spray paint on the US Citizenship and Immigration Services building and broken windows at a Starbucks, Umpqua Bank and Urban Pantry. A security company car also was damaged.

While I agree that we should work toward open borders, a pandemic is not the time for that.  Doesn't sound like a riot to me, just a protest with a few broken windows.  Expect more arrests as people "turn themselves in" on facebook.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    3 years ago
Darell Kimberlin, 31, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree criminal mischief, a felony. Kimberlin was issued a criminal citation and released due to COVID-19 restrictions limiting individuals who can be booked into jail.

Thank you for validating my "uncited" comments about the incarceration issues in Multnomah County and Clackmass County.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    3 years ago
Doesn't sound like a riot to me, just a protest with a few broken windows.

Perhaps these folks will buy that, but I have my doubts:

Overnight,  #antifa  destroyed numerous businesses in Portland's Pearl District as part of a pre-planned riot. People were inside this Chipotle at 1201 NW Lovejoy when antifa attacked the building. Watch this video with sound on.  #PortlandRiotspic .twitter.com/2LfMAaSrjy  — Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) February 28, 2021 "When these people come through, and we've lost an entire day of business which means that's impacting my team member's wages. This has been going on for nine months," said Jim Rice, who owns Fields Bar and Grill in downtown Portland. "Where are our resources? When do we get enough resources to finally go after and fix this?"

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    3 years ago

Where was the 'sea of red hats' to protect the properties?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @2    3 years ago

Protecting the suburbs, exurbs, and more rural smaller towns. and getting ready to vote to join Greater Idaho.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    3 years ago

Kind of 'cowardly' of them, don't you think?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.1.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.1    3 years ago
Kind of 'cowardly' of them, don't you think?

Nope , its just the natural progression of how the vote they won went down and they still are not getting attention or what they want .

hell the COPS are not even obligated or responsable to provide protection , safety or security as per the USSC, in Gonzales vs Castle Rock , yet you expect someone not an LEO to provide the same when they have even LESS of an obligation? 

as long as these protesters continue to crap on their own dining room tables in their own home , thats on them and those that voted like them . they are welcome to do so there.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    3 years ago

Were any police killed or injured from being beaten with American or Trump flags Ronin?  [deleted]

And for the record, these rioters need to be hauled up by the short ones, meet a judge and spend some time in a jail cell.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.4    3 years ago

You don't know what I believe.

I believe that all domestic terrorists on both sides should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law when they break it.

Unfortunately Democratic mayors and governors don't feel the same. Neither do the sheeple and media trying to blame Antifa and BLM riots on alt right outside agitators; or stating that these are "mostly peaceful" protesters. You don't give in to domestic terrorists ever. You can kick that up to the Federal level where Democrats cater to Antifa and BLM desires.

I will agree with your last statement.

And for the record, these rioters need to be hauled up by the short ones, meet a judge and spend some time in a jail cell.  

That applies to both sides. Including the morons on the right that broke into Congress, and assaulted Capital Police, and security. Everyone has the right to protest within legal limits as loud and as long as they want to; but destruction of federal property and assault have no place in protesting.  Neither do arson, murder, looting, or vandalism that Antifa and BLM also conduct.

I will be happy when Antifa and BLM domestic terrorists are hunted down with the fervor that is being shown the far alt right morons that stormed the capital.

The rioting needs to end now for good.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.7  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.5    3 years ago

You can cut that Antifa propaganda as being part of the 6JAN21 capitol assault.

No evidence U.S. Capitol rioters belong to antifa movement, FBI chief Wray testifies (msn.com)

And BLM wasn't there either.  It was just your typical fascist and white supremacist Trump lovers that you enjoy aligning yourself with.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.8  FLYNAVY1  replied to  gooseisgone @2.1.6    3 years ago

How about some of the many videos from the capitol assault by the fascist and white supremacist Trump lovers of 6JAN21.

Or are you saying that never happened too?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.8    3 years ago

Do you know what THIS article is about?

Hint for you:

It is NOT about what happened in the Capitol on January 6th.

There have been numerous articles published here about that day, so I suggest you all that want to talk about it go there and do so.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.10  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.9    3 years ago

Goose asked.... I provided....  

If you don't want to talk about the truth, then go away.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.10    3 years ago

Do you know or even care what THIS article is about?

How's about if YOU don't want to stay on topic on my seed, YOU go away?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.12  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.11    3 years ago

Go take your frustrations out on Goose, the source of the question and answer.  I'd say Ronin too, but that post has been deleted.

And as to what this article is about.... It's about a seeder that is doing everything he can to deflect by whatever means including "whataboutism" from his party and looser of a former president being responsible for the division in the country, and the Trump approved riot on the US Capital on 6JAN21.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.13  JBB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.12    3 years ago

Correctamundo!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.14  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.12    3 years ago

Y'all are so damn cute!

Y'all seem to think that every article that isn't a Trump hatefest is a diversion.

That's freaking hilarious!

Reagan--still right after all these years.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.15  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.14    3 years ago

that every article that isn't a Trump hatefest is a diversion.

We'll consider it when...

1. The majority of the GQP admit that the 2020 election was legitimate.
  2. The majority of the GQP admit that Joe Biden is the duly elected president of the United States.
  3. The majority of the GQP admit that the few cases of voter fraud that did occur would not have impacted the result of the 2020 election.
  4. The majority of the GQP admit that the 6JAN21 Trump instigated/supported riot on the capital was just that.

Till then, you and all the other Trump supporters will remain aligned with domestic hate and terrorist groups bent on destroying the Constitution just so Trump can stay in office, or worse.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.16  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.15    3 years ago

bitch, bitch. bitch, whine, whine, while.

should have known some will keep the Trump hatefest going strong even after he lost!

pitiful lives must find SOMETHING to grab hold of!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.17  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.15    3 years ago

thanks for continuing to prove Reagan right!

tell me, is it something you consciously work on. or does it just come naturally?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.18  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.16    3 years ago

Thanks for once again proving you have no desire to acknowledge reality Tex.  Sure has been fun watching you and others twist yourselves in knots to avoid reality and truth.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.19  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.18    3 years ago

lol!

I like you, you are funny!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.21  FLYNAVY1  replied to  gooseisgone @2.1.20    3 years ago
Were any police killed or injured from being beaten with American or Trump flags Ronin?

That's the exact statement Goose.  We have video evidence of police being beaten with Trump flags, and Trump supporters beating police with American flags.  Officer Sicknick was apparently killed from blows from a fire extinguisher being wielded by those during the Trump riot on 6JAN21.  The investigation is on going.  

So much for "blue lives matter" to Trump or his supporters.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.21    3 years ago
Officer Sicknick was apparently killed from blows from a fire extinguisher being wielded by those during the Trump riot on 6JAN

See what I've been saying? Once a falsehood gets injected into the political left echo chamber, it lives forever. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  bbl-1 @2    3 years ago
Where was the 'sea of red hats' to protect the properties?

maybe they came to the same conclusion I did years ago . that if i were carrying a fire arm , its not there to protect anyone else , just me ,  if one thinks my firearm will be used to protect them and they chose not to carry , they are sorely mistaken , and basically shit out of luck if confronted with violence.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    3 years ago

If you get your news from CNN or the NY Times, do you even know this is happening?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tacos! @3    3 years ago

If they do, they will blame outside alt far right agitators.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Tacos! @3    3 years ago
If you get your news from CNN or the NY Times, do you even know this is happening?

The only mention of ANTIFA in the entire article, is 1 guy who had nothing to do with anything going on, giving his opinion, with no facts to back up that ANTIFA was involved.

Maybe that's why you don't see it in other news sources...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

On a posative note , im betting muni bonds and investment opertunity are going for a premium ,  this is one opertunity im taking a very hard PASS on.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Another day, another incident of Domestic terrorism supported by the left.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7  Dismayed Patriot    3 years ago

But according to virtually every conservative Trump fan ANTIFA loves and supports Joe Biden, how is this possible? /s

Anyone who took part in any violence or vandalism should be held to account just as we are holding to account those conservative insurrectionists who attacked our capital in the name of their Dear Leader. It is rather interesting to note that the only apparent claim that this was Antifa was a tweet from an author who wrote a book about Antifa. Trying to help his book sales perhaps? Since Antifa isn't an actual organization that can "do" anything or be held responsible or accountable, it is rather interesting that conservatives try to blame them for everything.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7    3 years ago
Since Antifa isn't an actual organization that can "do" anything or be held responsible or accountable,

I have came to the same conclusion about what ANTIFA is , there is no "head of the snake " so to speak to cut off. it is simply an idea , and ideas are hard to kill or quiet.

i also wonder how long the citizens of the city will remain patient , before someone decides to quietly open a window and let loose a shotgun blast into a crowd that all has the same idea and intent?

it also may be past the point of getting this to stop without that happening.

I think the citizens are showing remarkable restraint.