Maskless passengers assault Uber driver who refused them a ride

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  one month ago  •  34 comments

By:   Cameron Jenkins (MSN)

Maskless passengers assault Uber driver who refused them a ride
A group of women can be seen in a recently released video assaulting a San Francisco Uber driver who refused them a ride because they were not wearing masks.The incident occurred on Sunday after 32-year-old Subhakar Khadka, who is of South Asian decent, requested that one maskless woman put on a face covering and drove to a gas station so that she could purchase one. When she refused, he asked that all of the women exit his vehicle.The video...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A group of women can be seen in a recently released video assaulting a San Francisco Uber driver who refused them a ride because they were not wearing masks.

The incident occurred on Sunday after 32-year-old Subhakar Khadka, who is of South Asian decent, requested that one maskless woman put on a face covering and drove to a gas station so that she could purchase one. When she refused, he asked that all of the women exit his vehicle.

The video shows one of the women then ripping her mask off yelling, "F--- the masks!" at Khadka and coughing at him. She also reached into the front seat and removed his mask from his face at one point and snatched his phone away from him.

UBER RIDERS COUGH ON, ASSAULT, PEPPER SPRAY DRIVER
Driver Subhakar Khadka, who is South Asian, says he believes he was targeted because of his race. He picked up 3 women in the Bayview yesterday afternoon on San Bruno Avenue. https://t.co/Tzr7kTfyKQpic.twitter.com/f8PiHDZ9CZ
- Betty Yu (@BettyKPIX) March 9, 2021

After Khadka ended their ride and the women exited the car, one reached back into an open window and pepper sprayed into the car and toward him, police told SFGate.

"I never said anything bad to them, I never cursed, I was not raised that way. I don't hit people, I am not raised that way, so they were not getting out of my car," Khadka told a local CBS news station.

Uber reportedly suspended the women from accessing the service in the future, calling the incident appalling.

"The rider no longer has access to Uber," the rideshare service said in a statement to KPIX 5.

Uber's community guidelines have a "no mask, no ride" policy during the coronavirus pandemic, and the company says it does not tolerate threatening or rude behavior.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
PhD Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    one month ago

I wonder if this incident in very liberal California will stoke the poutrage the incident in Texas did?

Greg Jones
Masters Participates
2  Greg Jones    one month ago

Obvious Biden voters

JBB
PhD Principal
2.1  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @2    one month ago

How do you figure that?

devangelical
PhD Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  JBB @2.1    one month ago

they didn't have their birth certificates with them ...

Tacos!
PhD Expert
3  Tacos!    one month ago

Am I wrong in that it seems like this is almost always women? I don't know why that would be a thing. It just looks that way.

I notice these women aren't being called "Karen." I guess we don't do that for women of color in liberal cities.

Thrawn 31
Masters Guide
3.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3    one month ago

I do t bother with the Karen label, I just go straight to “asshole”, “bitch”, “cunt” etc. 

Tacos!
PhD Expert
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1    one month ago

Good on you. That's as it should be.

Paula Bartholomew
PhD Guide
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @3    one month ago

See my comment @5.2

The woman I interacted with was black and I called her a KAREN to her face.   Save me your "We don't do that in liberal cities" crapola.  I also once called a black gentleman a Karen when he was out of control over parking in a handicap spot and decided to walk up on me when I had not said one thing about his parking.

Tacos!
PhD Expert
3.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    one month ago

Why do you feel it's necessary, clever, or cool to call people "Karen?" Do you not have any friends named Karen?

Paula Bartholomew
PhD Guide
3.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.1    one month ago

Actually, I have a cousin named Karen who is seriously considering changing her name legally to her middle name because of the stigma now associated with that name.  WTF do you prefer I call someone like that woman then who put my life at risk...c**t, shithead, ahole, or just the standard really bad name....N****r?

Tacos!
PhD Expert
3.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2.2    one month ago
Actually, I have a cousin named Karen who is seriously considering changing her name legally to her middle name because of the stigma now associated with that name. 

I would think that would give a person pause before using an extremely common name as a slur.

WTF do you prefer I call someone like that woman then who put my life at risk...c**t, shithead, ahole, or just the standard really bad name....N****r?

I suggest whatever you would have called that person before "Karen" became popular so very recently. We have hall managed without it for a long time.

Thrawn 31
Masters Guide
4  Thrawn 31    one month ago

What a bunch of cunts. Press charges against all of them. I do not understand why people act like such idiots when it comes to face masks. 

Tacos!
PhD Expert
4.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    one month ago

These women are bullies. We don't assume women could be bullies, generally, but here we have 3 women and 1 guy with his back to them, so they have the advantage. And I'm sure they assume that because they are women, there is no chance he'll punch them in the mouth like they deserve.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Sophomore Principal
4.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Tacos! @4.1    one month ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

As a "tomboy" that's only 4'11" and while in high school weighed roughly 100lbs... I can promise you that I would never doubt that women could be bullies. Women can most certainly be bullies.

Paula Bartholomew
PhD Guide
4.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @4.1.1    one month ago

I was 5'9" in the sixth grade and I could have been a bully but I went the other direction and protected any classmate that would get bullied.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Sophomore Principal
4.1.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.2    one month ago

That's very nice of you. jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Paula Bartholomew
PhD Guide
4.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @4.1.3    one month ago

My father had a lot to do with how I became a protector instead of a bully.  I would have rather been your height growing up instead of a giant in a family of mostly 5'4" and under.  I always looked like Snow White and 50 demented dwarfs at family reunions.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Sophomore Principal
4.1.5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.4    one month ago
I always looked like Snow White and 50 demented dwarfs at family reunions.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif On my mom's side, the tallest female is my daughter at 5'3. The tallest man on my mom's side is 5'10. On my dad's side however, he's the shortest at 5'11... including his two sisters who both were 6'.

Paula Bartholomew
PhD Guide
4.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @4.1.5    one month ago

I do have one half sister who is 5'10", but her father was 6'5" tall.  My dad was only 5'11" and his side of the family had few if any tall people in it, so no one can explain why I am tall.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Sophomore Principal
4.1.7  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.6    one month ago

Milk man? jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif Just kidding. You never know... you might have a great grandparent that was really tall and you just happened to get those genes.

Paula Bartholomew
PhD Guide
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    one month ago

Any of them who have UBER accounts will find that they no longer do and a heads up will be forwarded to LYFT.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.2.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2    one month ago

during my nightly before bed reading , i stumbled across a blurb in my news feed last night that One of these "ladies" either on twitter or in an interview ( cant remember now) stated they would simply use Lyft from now on , Im thinking it had to be twitter because Lyft responded to the comment with that they were banned there as well.

Texan1211
PhD Principal
5  seeder  Texan1211    one month ago

Doesn't the State of California have a mask mandate that automatically solves these sorts of issues?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Sophomore Principal
5.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Texan1211 @5    one month ago

And Uber does as well.

Texan1211
PhD Principal
5.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.1    one month ago

Yes, I read that in the article.

I just figured a STATE mandate must be the cure-all after reading all the complaints from folks about what some states are doing regarding mandates.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Sophomore Principal
5.1.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.1    one month ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
PhD Guide
5.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @5    one month ago

As long as the Karens/Darens, anti maskers, and those claiming fake medical exemptions exist, no mandate will help.  l actually told a Karen at a McD's the other day when she was pitching a bitch about having to wearing a mask due to a medical exemption that stupidity is not a medical exemption, it is a learned behavior.  She continued to get belligerent, so I told her...."Karen I have COPD, sinusitis, and bronchitis.  If I can handle a mask for all of 5 minutes, so can you biotch!".  She clutched her pearls and stormed out.   One of the fry cooks gave me a thumbs up and the counter girl slipped me a large order of fries instead of the small I ordered.

Texan1211
PhD Principal
5.2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2    one month ago

So you are saying a state mandate does not help.

I wonder why so many were all worked up when some governors dropped them then?

Hallux
Freshman Expert
6  Hallux    one month ago

Aw ... a tit for tat post ... yawn!

Texan1211
PhD Principal
6.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @6    one month ago

If it bores you so much, the door is that way

jrSmiley_114_smiley_image.pngjrSmiley_114_smiley_image.png

Paula Bartholomew
PhD Guide
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hallux @6    one month ago

Who is tat and why do they need a tit?jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7  TᵢG    one month ago

Lots of stupid, obnoxious and immature people out there.

Gordy327
Professor Principal
7.1  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @7    one month ago

Indeed. Especially over something as simple as wearing a mask.

Freefaller
PhD Guide
8  Freefaller    one month ago

Hmmm I suspect the driver won't be giving these passengers a good rating.