╌>

Biden signs massive covid bill and makes a prediction

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  60 comments

Biden signs massive covid bill and makes a prediction
“That will make this Independence day something truly special. Where we not only mark our independence as a nation, but we begin to mark our independence from this virus.”

Hours after signing a massive partisan covid relief bill, Joe Biden made his first prime time address to the nation. In one of those rare occasions, the president was lucid and was able to flawlessly read from the teleprompter for approximately twenty minutes. In his brief address, Biden set July 4 as the goal for a return to relative normalcy. He was careful to qualify that it might happen:

“I promise I will do everything in my power. I will not relent until we beat this virus. But I need you, the American people. I need you. I need every American to do their part. That’s not hyperbole, I need you. I need you to get vaccinated when it’s your turn, and when you can find an opportunity. Help your family, your friends, your neighbors get vaccinated as well. Because here’s the point: if we do all of this, if we do our part, if we do this together, by July the 4th, there’s a good chance of you, your families and friends, will be able to get together in your backyard or in your neighborhood and have a cookout and a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day.”

No kidding!  By July 4th?

As far away as that is, it would certainly be better that the prediction of the man Biden told us we must all listen to:

"After months of suggesting that life could start to feel "normal" again this fall -- if the vaccine rollout worked as planned -- Fauci in an interview with  LA Times Today  this week gave a new prediction.

"Hopefully, by the time we start entering 2022, we really will have a degree of normality that will approximate the kind of normality we've been used to," Fauci said.

But by the next morning, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the White House wanted out of the predictions business.

"We want to be straight with the American public … We are not in a place where we can predict exactly when everybody will feel normal again," Psaki said in a press conference on Wednesday.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-faucis-shifting-timeline-pandemic-explained/story?id=75951232

jen-psaki-reut_hpEmbed_20210217-175157_3x2_992.jpg
Jen Psaki

And round & round we go!

After developing a vaccine in record time, it would be tragic if it took us until July to return to normal, never mind the fall. Is anyone concerned by those estimates? I suppose we should all be grateful that our president was able to meet the low bar of delivering a coherent 20 minute speech. As for the partisan legislation that sends money to many Americans while quietly satisfying the left's wish list:

" The Congressional Budget Office estimates that $2 trillion in spending could shrink the economy by about $100 billion over the next decade, and with the national debt topping $27 trillion, our budget will have to shift over the coming years to accommodate larger and larger interest payments."

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/02/25/democrats-covid-19-bill-would-squander-hundreds-of-billions-on-bailouts-of-pension-funds-blue-states/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Another milestone in the era of the left.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

And Biden never gave a bit of credit to Trump for getting several vaccines developed, into production, and into peoples arms within a year

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

That would have been something that unifies the country. We can't have that/s

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

Greg Jones,

This may come as a bit of a surprise, but, "the other guy" dragged his foot on COVID19 for over a year.

He, also, denied that it was a Pandemic, down played it, blamed it on China, then, called it a Democrat "Hoax" designed to prevent him from getting re-elected.

Trump refused to wear a mask, and, forbade the WH staff from wearing them, until, he and a number of his staff became ill from the disease.

The "Donald" touted fake cures, even instructed his children to buy stock in these companies. "The Don" of NYC held indoor rallies spreading COVID19. He became known, like the President of Brazil, as "The COVID19 SPREADER."

This unhinged, unqualified non-politician, cut the funding for COVID19 research when he got in office, dismantle the American Research in China, pushed dangerous, unproven drugs, disregared his own COVID19 Taskforce's advise, because, he claimed he was a "STABLE GENIUS!"

(Highly unlikely! A "stable boy" cleaning up horse manure, but, certainly no genius! T-Rump had to hire someone to take his college entrance exam.)

In general, the "near insane, fake POTUS, real POS, behaved like a gleeful juvenile during a Worldwide, Deadly Pandemic spending much of his time on the golf course, at his own facility. Then, charging the Secret Service agents protecting him, room, board fees, etc.

That selfish, corrupt, lying CON MAN deserve no recognition. He deserved a long -term prison sentence, which is enroute.

Professor Guide
1.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Thanks, Vic. We deserved reconigiton for that milestone.

I know it was difficult for you to write something positive about about anyone, or, organization that is not a "CALCIFIED CONSERVATIVE."

It is inspiring to see your awakening. The realization that other people on this planet have divergent view is a tough one. It is, however, "a small step for man, a giant leap for mankind."

Good to see that we are on the same team.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

THANK YOU PRESIDENT BIDEN!  YOU'RE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB!  WE'VE NEEDED YOU FOR MORE THAN FOUR YEARS NOW!  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

biden sets incredibly easy targets to hit (100 million vaccine doses in his first 100 days) and then wants credit for exceeding them. It’s the oldest trick in the book. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    3 years ago
It’s the oldest trick in the book. 

Almost like plagiarizing or pandering. All of them are old Biden specialties.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Professor Guide
3.1.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Sounds like sour grapes. Metamusial is good for that. Take it each morning before your "Trump Dump!"
You'll feel like a new humane man, again. I guarantee it.

Professor Guide
3.2  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    3 years ago

Sean Treacy:   It is preventing 100,000,000 Americans from getting Covid19 and dying. We have already lost a half of a billion lives (500,000) due to that "other guys" incompetence, obstruction, constant lying, and, peddling Voodo Medical Advice.

We are entering a new ERA, where "Sanity" matters. Welcome to the New World.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4  Just Jim NC TttH    3 years ago

Had to LMAO at the July 4th schtick. Memorial day my neighbors, friends and family will be at the pool. Does he really think that people are going to wait for his okay..............or anyone else's for that matter. Wonder which of his handlers came up with THAT target HAHAHAHA.

His "address" last night was a bad combo of Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    3 years ago
After developing a vaccine in record time, it would be tragic if it took us until July to return to normal, never mind the fall. Is anyone concerned by those estimates? 

Considering Michigan continues to be shorted the vaccinations promised and that MI [I can only comment on where I live, I realize it isn't the same everywhere] is only on the 65+ group and 50+ with chronic issues group... I'd be awfully surprised if I even had the opportunity to receive my vaccination BY July 4. Therefore, I truly doubt that "normal" will occur before then. Granted... all of my parents will have or already has had their vaccinations and we don't gather with friends other than my husband's boss and his wife... it's only my husband and his boss in the shop and boss's wife works from home just like I do. Therefore, no additional risks.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5    3 years ago

Everyone will be eligible to get the vaccine as of May 1st.  So no worries.  You won't have to wait until July or later . . . 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    3 years ago

For all US or just specific states? I ask, because our Gov. is still fighting to get the promised amounts.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.1.1    3 years ago

EVERYONE.

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
5.1.3  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    3 years ago

[Deleted]

[Do not share chats or private notes on the public forum]

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.1.4  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    3 years ago

We shall see about that come May 1. I have my doubts. I'm not saying that it's on you.... it's most certainly not. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.1.1    3 years ago

Problem is, even though we will all be "eligible", doesn't mean you won't still have to wait for your appointment. Right now, where I live, appointments are full through mid-April........and that's just with groups 1 and 2 and part of three. Imagine the back log after May first.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.1.6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.5    3 years ago

I suppose that's more accurate of what I am thinking. You just explained it better. There's still not enough vax to cover the current age group here.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.5    3 years ago

Morning Jim ...

If y'all anything like us expanded supplies will open more sites to get vaccinated especially with the JJ vaccine.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hallux @5.1.7    3 years ago

Morning Hal. Wife got the JJ vaccine Wednesday and woke up yesterday with the side effects of headache, body aches, and projectile vomiting. Still sick today and doc say it's gonna be 1-3 days before she MAY feel more normal.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @5.1.7    3 years ago

Of course MORE sites will open and there will be ENOUGH VACCINES TO VACCINATE EVERYONE BY MAY 1ST!

I believe you can take that one to the bank!

The JJ vaccine is coming from Baltimore!  I'm so proud.  Also, you need only one shot of the J&J vaccine so that will enable EVERYONE TO BE VACCINATED BY MAY 1ST.

PRESIDENT BIDEN IS REALLY GETTING THE JOB DONE!

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

WE ALSO NEED TO GIVE CREDIT TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN GETTING THIS DONE, NOT JUST PRESIDENT BIDEN OF COURSE!

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.10  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.8    3 years ago

Yep ... I had all of that also (Pfizer) ... it took 3 days to finally go away.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.8    3 years ago

Well that's to be expected.  Sounds like she is fighting it and will be fine.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @5.1.10    3 years ago

My fist shot was Pfizer and I felt nauseous and headachey and my arm was sore and achey and I just overall didn't feel good but within less than 24 hours, I'M FINE.  

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.13  Hallux  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.9    3 years ago

We'll see what comes of the 'great' Florida Motorcycle Hug Fest.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.12    3 years ago

I had first shot yesterday. I got the Moderna one.

Not any problem at all, just a little soreness on my arm where I got the shot.

bccrane
Freshman Silent
5.1.15  bccrane  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.1.6    3 years ago

I guess it depends on population density, here in the up north backwoods area, my wife and I both got our first shot of the Moderna yesterday, shoulder still sore, but I just turned 60 and she's 55.  She works an essential job of transit bus taking people to medical appointments and I tagged along and they said "sure you can get it too".

What I am now wondering, since most of the vaccinations are basically going to volunteering people, what is going to happen when you run out of volunteers?  And we may end up 100 million or more short of the entire population volunteering.  

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.12    3 years ago

Good news is, I read they were doing a study and so far they think the Pfizer vac is effective against new variants.

That is the one I wanted but gotta get what they have.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.1.16    3 years ago

That is good news!  

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.1.18  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  bccrane @5.1.15    3 years ago

I'm about 10 miles south of downtown Detroit [still Wayne Co.].

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.19  XXJefferson51  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.8    3 years ago

I’m home resting after mild so far effects a little dizziness, nausea, of my 2nd Pfizer vaccine shot.  Hopefully that will pass and the sore arm tomorrow will be the only remaining side effect. It seems that the more rural areas in Ca. are ahead of the coastal urban areas in per capita vaccinations 

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.20  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.19    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.2  Hallux  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5    3 years ago

???

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.2.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Hallux @5.2    3 years ago

75% of ALL people in MI are not vaccinated. 75% of those in the current grouping, quite likely. Those under 50 are not even allowed to set up their appointments unless they work in the medical field, a teacher, or take care of those in the high risk groups.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.2.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Hallux @5.2    3 years ago
Starting Monday (March 8), any Michigan residents age 50 and up with pre-existing medical conditions or disabilities will be eligible to make an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine. Caregiver family members and guardians who care for children with special health care needs will also be eligible to receive the vaccine.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.2.3  Hallux  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.2.2    3 years ago
pre-existing medical conditions or disabilities

Get some! ... ;-)

bccrane
Freshman Silent
5.2.4  bccrane  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.2.2    3 years ago

I hope I don't get fined, I'm healthy and got it already, does that make me a bad person.

Speaking of fines, did you know that if you have insurance they bill the insurance company $22.00 per shot, but if you don't have insurance it's free.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  bccrane @5.2.4    3 years ago

So what?  $22 is less than I would have had to pay for a flu shot out of pocket

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.2.6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  bccrane @5.2.4    3 years ago

I would say that because you live with someone that works in the medical field, they would consider it a risk factor of sorts. There's probably loop holes for your circumstance. 

I'm only 42, my husband is 50, I'm working from home, my husband only works with one person, my son is doing school from home, the "adopted one" doesn't have a job yet, and my daughter is the only one leaving to be around others... she's been going to school for two weeks now, but she's a bit of a germaphobe to begin with and stays away from others as much as possible. There's no way that I would be able to get away with getting one right now... same with the rest of my household. I would probably get fined.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.2.7  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Hallux @5.2.3    3 years ago

I don't want any! jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif And besides... I'm still not 50. I still have another 8 years before I'm 50.

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
5.2.8  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  bccrane @5.2.4    3 years ago
Speaking of fines, did you know that if you have insurance they bill the insurance company $22.00 per shot, but if you don't have insurance it's free.

Where did you come up with that info?   The vaccine is in fact free.  It was paid for by the federal government and provided to the states free of charge.   

The only scenario I can come up with to meet your allegation is if you get the shot at someplace like CVS or Walgreens.   If that's the case, they're not charging you for the vaccine, which would be illegal, but they are likely charging for the pharmacist or technicians time which unlike public clinic type situations is a cost to the company.  Public places it's all free.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.2.7    3 years ago

Keep rubbing it in why don't you!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.2.10  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.9    3 years ago

jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
5.2.11  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.2.7    3 years ago
And besides... I'm still not 50. I still have another 8 years before I'm 50.

I received mine at the London Embassy thanks to the wife being a federal employee.   We both received the Moderna version and I was fine with both shots.  The wife was fine with the first, but the second was an ass kicker for her.  She had already been warned that for some reason, women often times get sick from the shot.  Fever (check), nausea (check), major headache (check, check, check), and feeling like you're run over by a train, truck, and stampeding herd of buffalo (check).   Fortunately, it was only a day, but she was totally washed out and stayed in bed sleeping the next day.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.2.12  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @5.2.11    3 years ago

Are you under 50?

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
5.2.13  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.2.12    3 years ago

Hell no!!!   But my current wife is.  I robbed the cradle!!  jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Here's a clue.  I joined the US Army right out of HS in '68 and retired 28 years later.   Then I transitioned to federal employment for quite a few years as an employee then contractor.   My daughter in law introduced me and my wife at an Embassy Marine Ball several years after my first wife passed.  My step kids are about the same age as my grandchildren.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.14  Tessylo  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @5.2.13    3 years ago
I robbed the cradle!!" 

Sure you did!  jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.2.15  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @5.2.13    3 years ago
Hell no!!!   But my current wife is.  I robbed the cradle!!

Yeah you did! I thought nearly 9 year age gap was a decent gap! jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

A friend of mine [younger than me] and her husband have a 21 year age gap.

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
5.2.16  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.2.15    3 years ago
A friend of mine [younger than me] and her husband have a 21 year age gap.

Almost 30, but who's counting!!

Professor Guide
5.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5    3 years ago

Four years of tearing this nation apart, constant lying, incompetent appointments, cozying up to dictatrors, like Kim Jung Un, Putin (a former KGB officer, and the Saudi Prince, BMT, ("Butcherer, Murderer, Torturer), isn't enough for T-Rump supporters?

The former NYC "Wannabe" Mafia Don, "the Donald" drug his foot on COVID19 for over a year, all the while downplaying it, as it ravished this country killing over 535,000 Americans, the Commander-In-Lies, golfed.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.3.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @5.3    3 years ago

How is this a reply to my comment regarding vaccination distribution in Michigan? I said nothing political whatsoever. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.3.1    3 years ago

Just yet another tired old "I Hate Trump" screed.

Some folks just can't contain themselves and have to blurt out something about Trump no matter what the actual topic is.

Isn't there some types of drugs to treat people with ADD?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.3.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Texan1211 @5.3.2    3 years ago

Isn't there some types of drugs to treat people with ADD?

Adderall or Concerta.

Hallux
PhD Principal
6  Hallux    3 years ago

So ... 2 links from 3+ weeks ago followed up with the grand finale by Ron Estes whose current claim to fame is backing Donald's claims about voter fraud. Sheesh!