╌>

'F--- Tucker Carlson': Senator and Iraq War veteran Tammy Duckworth reams out Fox News host over his comments about women in the military

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  40 comments

By:   ssheth@businessinsider.com (Sonam Sheth) 19 hrs ago (MSN)

'F--- Tucker Carlson': Senator and Iraq War veteran Tammy Duckworth reams out Fox News host over his comments about women in the military
"While he was practicing his two-step, America's female warriors were hunting down Al Qaeda and proving the strength of America's women," she tweeted.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• Sen. Tammy Duckworth, a war veteran, tore into Fox host Tucker Carlson over his recent comments.
  • Carlson ranted about female troops and accused Biden of making a "mockery" of the armed forces.
  • "While he was practicing his two-step, America's female warriors" hunted al-Qaida, Duckworth said.
  • See more stories on Insider's business page.

Illinois Sen. Tammy Duckworth didn't mince words on Thursday when reacting to the Fox News host Tucker Carlson's recent comments about women in the military.

"F--- Tucker Carlson," Duckworth, an Iraq War veteran and Purple Heart recipient, tweeted. "While he was practicing his two-step, America's female warriors were hunting down Al Qaeda and proving the strength of America's women."

She added: "Happy belated International Women's Day to everyone but Tucker, who even I can dance better than. ...and we all know it was his female partner who did all the hard work."

-Tammy Duckworth (@TammyforIL) March 11, 2021

On Tuesday's episode of his prime-time show, Carlson accused President Joe Biden of trying to feminize the military and making a "mockery" of the armed forces.

"So we've got new hairstyles, maternity flight suits," Carlson said. "Pregnant women are going to fight our wars."

He added: "It's a mockery of the US military. While China's military becomes more masculine … our military needs to become, as Joe Biden says, more feminine - whatever feminine means anymore, since men and women no longer exist."

Carlson went on: "The bottom line is: It's out of control, and the Pentagon's going along with this. Again, this is a mockery of the US military and its core mission, which is winning wars."

The prime-time star drew swift backlash and ridicule over his remarks. Military women who are pregnant are exempted from arduous duties and deployments, and the services have strived to make the uniforms they wear more comfortable as one part of a campaign to keep more midcareer women in the service. Women make up about 16% of the armed forces.

There's also little love lost between Duckworth and Carlson. Last year, Carlson questioned the Democratic senator's patriotism and called her "deeply silly." Duckworth is a former US Army helicopter pilot who lost her legs after a 2004 rocket-propelled grenade struck her aircraft in Iraq. Carlson was rejected by the CIA after college and has not served in uniform.

After his broadcast, the US Army's official Twitter account posted tweets featuring photos of women serving in different roles in the military.

-Dave Brown (@dave_brown24) March 11, 2021

Several senior Army officials ripped Carlson, saying he "couldn't be more wrong," while the Pentagon said the military wouldn't take advice from a talk-show host.

"We still have a lot of work to do to make our military more inclusive," the department's spokesperson told reporters. "What we absolutely won't do is take personnel advice from a talk-show host or the Chinese military."

Read the original article on Business InsiderContinue ReadingShow full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. Microsoft and partners may be compensated if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Tammy doesnt mess around. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

There you are. Haven't seen you for a couple of days.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

It appears that Tucker, like Trump, has severe foot in mouth disease.

Republicans need to learn, after Trump's political suicide, that words matter.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    3 years ago

Tucker has been saying shit like this for years, fuck that guy.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    3 years ago
words matter.

We finally agree on something.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1.2.3  Larry Hampton  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    3 years ago

If Trump had foot in mouth disease, then leprosy is merely acne.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Larry Hampton @1.2.3    3 years ago

Trump is a known pathological liar, a crook, a bigot, a moron , a cheat, and more. As you suggest it goes far beyond "foot in mouth disease". 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

No, Tucker, pregnant women won't be fighting "our" wars in the way you think. Women go on profile when they become pregnant and job duties may be restricted. Now...if they're flying drones they will be fighting "our" wars. But they won't be marching into the mountains carrying a 40 lb rucksack hunting down Al-Queda

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago

Ever notice that idiots like him, complain about people in the military, have never served themselves.

What some would call a chickenshit.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @2.1    3 years ago

he's 4F - faith, family, flaccidity, and freedom from defending america.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ender @2.1    3 years ago

Hence my position that they need to shut their shit cannons, they have no idea what they are talking about and exactly zero credibility. Especially when they try to start talking about the morale, culture, or standards within the military. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Ender  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1.2    3 years ago

I admit that I never served. I would never presume to know what happens in the ranks or in combat.

Some people think that just because they saw Platoon in a theatre, they know all.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    3 years ago

A flabby penis is no reason to keep a man from joining the Army

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    3 years ago

Mind if I steal that Devan?  (I only steal from the best....!)

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.6  devangelical  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.5    3 years ago

feel free to apply it liberally...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

I’ve been saying it for years, glad to see at least one politician treat that sack of shit with the respect he deserves, which is none.

Indeed, fuck Tucker Carlson. Every single woman who has served, and probably just about every one that hasn’t, has more balls than that little bitch. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    3 years ago

Why is it that [Deleted] and those who support them can say whatever the fuck they want and when they get backlash - it's - the Democrats are so mean and they're picking on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1  Hallux  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 years ago

"Creative labeling" is an offense? Yikes my days here are surely numbered.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago

I know I make the fine folks of NT work hard for their money 

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    3 years ago

I read another article last night about this jackass. Apparently fox was highlighting him as the one to have a response to Biden's address.

He is starting to sound like an anti-vaxer.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @5    3 years ago

His response to Biden's ghastly and robotic teleprompter reading was spot on.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    3 years ago

On what? That he is worried people will be forced to take it? Even if they are, tough shit.

Tired of selfish assholes that could care less about others.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    3 years ago

Anti-Vaxxers and those actively hampering vaccine efforts are the worst type of people.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    3 years ago

So discouraging people from being vaccinated is what we need as a country?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6  1stwarrior    3 years ago

When are celebrities going to learn that their words don't mean shyte?  Most of them are non-military, have no political experience, haven't graduated from a college - and some, not even high school - live in their self-enclosed fairy land with "security guards", have little to no social skills.

Buncha wasted fodder.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1  cjcold  replied to  1stwarrior @6    3 years ago

Depends on the celebrity. Some are wiser than others. Just like the rest of us.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The future?

Hallux
PhD Principal
7.1  Hallux  replied to  JohnRussell @7    3 years ago

Tucker Carlson is being played by Tom Cruise? Yikes!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @7    3 years ago

Notice how much armor she's wearing compared to the men?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
7.2.1  Larry Hampton  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2    3 years ago

Exo suites

lady in black
Professor Quiet
8  lady in black    3 years ago

From a woman and a gold star mom....FUCK OFF TUCKER CARLSON.  He should resign from Fox.  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9  cjcold    3 years ago

Used to teach free "Model Mugging" classes in my school. Women can be serious warriors.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    3 years ago

Carlson got this 100% wrong. He assumes without evidence that somehow our forces are less effective with women in uniform. 

There is nothing wrong with building gear to fit the people who are doing the job. I can't even believe a thing like that is controversial.

I think he assumes "maternity flight suits" means "maternity G suits for fighter pilots" and that women who are 8 months pregnant will be flying combat missions in F-35s. A flight suit is a very ordinary piece of gear, worn by lots and lots of people doing an endless variety of jobs. Tailoring one to better fit a pregnant woman in no way compromises national security.

The depth of ignorance, bias, and thoughtlessness underpinning Carlson's take on this matter just boggles the mind.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @10    3 years ago

I don't think the OB at the Base Hospital is going to allow any of her patients to fly in any aircraft that pulls any kind of gravitational pull.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @10    3 years ago

Carlson is a fucking idiot and always has been. He says shit like this all the time, the only difference this time is he attacked 51% of the population and basically called the military pussies, instead of going after his usual targets (minority groups). 

And the gall to attack women serving in the military when his bitch ass has never been anywhere near serving his country in any way is Trump level cocksucking.

Kavika
Professor Principal
11  Kavika     3 years ago

In the words of Tammy Duckworth,

''FUCK YOU TUCKER CARLSON''

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
11.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @11    3 years ago

Wish we could waterboard Tucker just like Hannity promised he would undergo.  Put Em side by side, and see how many seconds it takes for them to scream their livers out.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @11.1    3 years ago

I still want to see Hannity get water boarded

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
11.1.2  Larry Hampton  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.1    3 years ago

They should both consider it. Pay-per-view would probably be enough to retire on.