╌>

I Won't Be Silenced by the Left

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  162 comments

By:   Ron Johnson (WSJ)

I Won't Be Silenced by the Left
They twisted what I said about Jan. 6 because they want Americans to forget last summer's violence and destruction.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

I'm amazed but not surprised. Those who seek political advantage by dividing the nation hurl the worst possible accusations to silence anyone who challenges their left-wing agenda.

In a recent radio interview on the Joe Pags Show, I explained why I wasn't concerned by the Trump supporters who came to Washington on Jan. 6 to protest peacefully. Thousands of protesters—no one knows the actual number—marched to the Capitol. Only about 800 people illegally entered the Capitol. Still fewer engaged in violent acts. I condemned those lawbreakers at the time and continue to do so. But I feel compelled to push back as Democrats and their media allies try to equate the two groups by implying that all present were "armed insurrectionists" determined to overthrow the government.

I told Joe Pags the truth: I honestly never felt threatened on Jan. 6. But, I added, I might have been worried if Donald Trump had won and the violent leftists who burned Kenosha, Wis., and Minneapolis last summer had come to Washington. Here's exactly what I said: "Now, had the tables been turned—Joe, this could get me in trouble—had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election, and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned."

I said "this could get me in trouble" because I have been repeatedly attacked for challenging the left's false narratives. I had no idea they would so thoroughly twist my words and reflexively play the race card.

Leftists who want to memory hole last summer's political violence immediately started lecturing me that the 2020 protests were mostly peaceful. Apparently they've forgotten that, according to the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project, 570 leftist protests became riots last year. Twenty-five people lost their lives and 700 law enforcement officers were injured. Braying about "peaceful protests" offers no comfort to those victims or the other innocent Americans whose homes, businesses and property were destroyed. The same people fail to see the damage they do by pushing a narrative designed to portray the 74 million Americans who voted for Mr. Trump as potential domestic terrorists or armed insurrectionists.

We should all be disgusted at the cynical way antifa and other leftists hide behind the banner of equality—a goal we all share—even as they carry signs calling for an end to America or talk of burning cities down. It was also sadly predictable that liberals would hurl the accusation of racism. This isn’t about race. It’s about riots. The rioters who burned Kenosha weren’t of any one ethnicity; they were united by their radical leftism.

Their politics, together with their taste for violence—so different from the Trump supporters I know personally or the Trump rallies we all saw carried out peacefully—should concern us. There’s a reason why the boarded-up windows in the downtowns of major cities came down soon after  Joe Biden  won the election: Nobody was worried what Trump supporters would do if their guy lost; they were worried about what Biden supporters would do if their guy didn’t win.

Unfortunately, much of the media have lost any sense of fairness and objectivity. They shed all pretense of being unbiased the moment President Trump won the 2016 election. As a result, approximately half of America simply doesn’t trust the mainstream media or rely on what it reports. An unbiased free press is essential in a democracy, but the censorship of conservative perspectives in today’s cancel culture is antithetical to freedom.

Most reporters today put advocacy above journalism. Instead of conducting interviews with conservatives, they conduct arguments. They push their political viewpoints and are willing to lie, twist, distort, omit, censor and cancel anything or anyone with an opposing view. They are oblivious to the harm they are doing. All who value liberty and free speech must push back.

Mr. Johnson, a Republican, is a U.S. senator from Wisconsin.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

“Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.”
― Maya Angelou

Well done Senator

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

agreed!  Way to speak truth to power.  Never back dorm to the cancel culture.  Simply refuse to apologize, tell them the unnatural act they can do with themselves, and press forward mocking them as we go.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

They hate when anyone stands up to them, don't they?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2  Snuffy    3 years ago

you like poking the bear....   I'm gonna make some popcorn.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2    3 years ago

He hasn't poked any bears.  But we do hear Johnson's dogwhistles quite loudly and clearly!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @2.1    3 years ago

oh, you funny....   in 20 minutes there are 14 comments to this thread.  Sure seems like poking the bear to me...   LOL

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.1    3 years ago

Nope, just pointing out the impotence of your claim.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    3 years ago

hmmm,  impotence of my claim...   Sorry I'm not a literate in English as you are.  Can you please point out where in my statement in #3 where I made a claim?  I see a statement that Vic likes to poke the bear,  and that I'm gonna make some popcorn.  The popcorn is so that I can sit back and enjoy the imaginary fur fly...  But I just don't see any claim in that statement...  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.3    3 years ago

Impotence

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    3 years ago
I had no idea they would so thoroughly twist my words and reflexively play the race card.

racism is so ingrained in his narrow mind that he's too fucking stupid to even know when he's giving it away with what he says. that dumb ass might as well have been wearing a pillowcase on his head when he was saying that shit.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.3    3 years ago

I know it's a common 'right wing' malady

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.7  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.6    3 years ago

So rather than respond to my question,  you would rather insult me.  Got it.   on ignore you go because you are not worth my time

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.7    3 years ago

'on ignore you go'

You say that all the time.  Your usual weak and impotent response.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.7    3 years ago

A wise choice though I can’t do that because that person is on virtually every one of my seeds.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.9    3 years ago

Just to rebut your nonsense.  

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
2.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Snuffy @2    3 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @2.2    3 years ago

tenor.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 years ago

We heard your dog whistles loud and clear Johnson!

What courage did Johnson display?????????????

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    3 years ago

'I won't be silenced by the left'

Who is silencing you?????????????????????????????????????

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 years ago

A US senator who gets to voice his opinion daily in the Capitol directly to those with the power to make laws and policy has not been silenced.

A man who gets tens of thousands of dollars from wealthy donors in order to get his message out has not been silenced.

A man who gets tens of thousands of dollars from the RNC and his state Republican party to get his message out has not been silenced.

A man who has his opinion posted all over the internet under the headline "I Won't Be Silenced By The Left"  has not been silenced.

This guy is a crybaby.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  SteevieGee @4.1    3 years ago
A man who has his opinion posted all over the internet under the headline "I Won't Be Silenced By The Left"  has not been silenced.

Happy that he won't be silenced by the left, it's great for all to see what a ditz he is. Keep talking Ron.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @4.1.1    3 years ago
"A man who has his opinion posted all over the internet under the headline "I Won't Be Silenced By The Left"  has not been silenced."
"Happy that he won't be silenced by the left, it's great for all to see what a ditz he is. Keep talking Ron."

Thanks for pointing that out!  I pointed that out right at the beginning.  What a fucking moron!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  SteevieGee @4.1    3 years ago
This guy is a crybaby.

The other thing that stood out is this line:

"Those who seek political advantage by dividing the nation hurl the worst possible accusations to silence anyone who challenges their left-wing agenda."

Is he not, in this very piece, seeking political advantage by further dividing the nation and hurling unfounded accusations at those on the left? Those on the right see nothing wrong with accusing and damning anyone on the left while also whining about others dividing the country yet their non-stop complaints about the left do just that. There is no desire for reconciliation or unification, those on the right only want obedience and silence from those on the left. Right wing conservative Republican hypocrisy truly knows no bounds.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.3    3 years ago
Right wing conservative Republican hypocrisy truly knows no bounds.

Exactly !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    3 years ago

"They twisted what I said about Jan. 6 because they want Americans to forget last summer's violence and destruction."

The only twisting going on is the usual denial, deflection, projection, and whataboutism from today's gqp.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Does anyone Believe the charges of racism coming from those who think the burning of hundreds of minority owned businesses and the destruction of statues to Lincoln and Grant are legitimate protests?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    3 years ago

Whataboutism at its finest.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    3 years ago

570 leftist protests became riots last year. Twenty-five people lost their lives and 700 law enforcement officers were injured. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    3 years ago

Again, whataboutism

Also, how many 'right wing agitators' turned them into riots?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.2    3 years ago
Also, how many 'right wing agitators' turned them into riots?

You've made that claim ad nauseum for months so you should have that number. Enlighten the readers if you would be so kind.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.3    3 years ago

"You've made that claim ad nauseum for months"

Because it's true

Google is your friend.

Why is it you and your friends always gang up on me?

I'm not the topic of this 'article'

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    3 years ago

Did your comment just pull the victim card again? No one is ganging up. Just asking you to defend your statement(s) from time to time. It isn't unusual here at NT.

And I know you aren't the topic. But you are posting responses so one would hope you can further your case..................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.5    3 years ago

I never pull the victim card like some here.

The truth is out there

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.3    3 years ago

Morning Jim ...

I lurv ad nauseum postings, a fave being: Joe Biden was supposed to be in a straitjacket by now and Kamala Harris was to be running a Pol Pot type regime down there. WTF happened?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @6.1.7    3 years ago

95495168_10223920087250278_1935914744410013696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=kTePfhq9G8YAX94eWUq&_nc_oc=AQmxrqVGmk64CA3LuBfITUw3dZDMmzKzYOKlmVhLudcoPYkJHiy4PUsp14PGJDWb9TU&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=7cfdab2e8c6dc03b704c814c2066dc90&oe=607561B9

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.9  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.4    3 years ago
No, it's about the usual lies, denial, deflection, projection, and whataboutism coming from you.
You manage to make yourself the topic when you continually troll and try to hijack the seeds of other members

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.8    3 years ago

Stuttering wouldn't cause him to not know who is his Defense Secretary or what is in those Executive Orders he signs on a daily basis.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @6.1.7    3 years ago

You think Biden is running his administration?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.12  Greg Jones  replied to  Hallux @6.1.7    3 years ago

Joe Biden was supposed to be in a straitjacket by now and Kamala Harris was to be running a Pol Pot type regime down there. WTF happened?

Give it time Hallux....we all know it's coming in due time, because Biden is becoming an ever bigger liability to the left wing causes.

When Harris is promoted to the throne, the Dems will exploit any criticism of her as "racism".

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.12    3 years ago

You forgot misogynist..................

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.8    3 years ago

Biden stuttered as a child.  He, as he said publicly, overcame it as a teenager.

Now it's an excuse rolled out to justify his inability to verbalize coherent thoughts. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.15  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.8    3 years ago
Total denial. There's a reason he isn't allowed to take questions....even from friendly reporters. The stuttering and memory lapses are made worse by his developing dementia.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.14    3 years ago

Stuttering is something you never really overcome 

Continue with your projection, deflection, denial, and whataboutism. . . . 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.15    3 years ago

Nonsense

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.18  Hallux  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.12    3 years ago

I'm running out of time ...

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.19  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.11    3 years ago

Mais oui cherie.

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.20  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.10    3 years ago

BTW Vic ... I have a Braille screen and your use of caps hurts my finger tips.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @6.1.20    3 years ago

Maybe you should put me on ignore.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.23  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago
"A collaborative effort; with the building of a competent Cabinet, leaders of both the House and Senate, and a West Wing staffed by professionals. 

At the very least, the likes of miller, bannon, the nepotists, his fox friends, and the sycophantic campaign donators are nowhere to be found.
That alone is refreshing." 
"That alone is refreshing."

Very much so!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.24  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago
That alone is refreshing. 

Refreshing to you and concerning to us. I doubt Susan Rice or Ron Klain could ever win a presidential election, yet they seem determined to radically change this country.  There was the time when a functioning Joe Biden was Obama's loyal understudy. Right now, Rice, Klein, Pelosi & Schumer have surpassed Obama's wildest dreams.

Again, for you independents, those longing for normalcy, etc - Is this what you voted for?

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.25  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.21    3 years ago

And deny myself a daily chortle? Mais non cherie.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.24    3 years ago

Concerning how?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.27  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @6.1.25    3 years ago

To each his own!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.28  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.26    3 years ago
Concerning how?

Instead of jumping in between comments, maybe you can simply think about what would concern others. For instance: The crisis on the border, the enormity of the partisan covid relief package just enacted or the looming tax increase or the ending of the Senate filibuster.

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.29  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.27    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.28    3 years ago

There's always a 'crisis' at the border.  The Co-vid relief package is fantastic!  What looming tax increase?  Ending of the senate filibuster would be a good thing.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.32  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago
It’s exactly what I voted for.

My question didn't go out to those with an ideological conviction. I know that is is what you voted for.

When you run on ‘draining the swamp’, not understanding that a swamp is a natural eco-system; often inhospitable, sometimes fetid, but always seeking equilibrium for its’ own health. 

Drain it and you are left with ramifications effecting the delicate balance of all things downstream. In this analogy, it is the health of our democracy. 

Drain it and what is left? A cesspool.

What we learned is how ingrained the liberal ruling class was in the system. They have retaken the White House and with the narrowest of margins the congress and they have returned with a vengeance. We have gradually learned what the left really believes on various issues. They really do want to emasculate the police, they really do think America was an evil racist country right from the start and they really do want open borders. Next we can expect them to tell us that the Constitution is outdated and "racist" and must be replaced.

That is what has been uncovered.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.33  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.32    3 years ago

Do you just make this up as you go along?

How do you know what the 'left' 'really' do think/want'?

You know what I told you about assumptions right Vic?

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.34  Hallux  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.31    3 years ago
There's always a 'crisis' at the border.

James T Polk was a master at creating those.

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.35  Hallux  replied to    3 years ago

Don't raise that bar too high, lotsa folks are used to slithering. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.36  Hallux  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.33    3 years ago
How do you know what the 'left' 'really' do think/want'?

That's easy Tess, all ya have to do is read right wing pundits ...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.38  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago
Do you contend that the need for policing reform is not past due?

Police reform?  No, that is not what ails us.

Do you not agree that the demonstrable racism in this country continues to divide us?

It is neither demonstrable nor prevalent.

Do you understand that the immigration issue permeates every discussion and requires serious debate rather than the continually obtuse obfuscation?

Immigration or illegal migration?

If so, you may be an independent as well, putting aside the partisan polemics in an earnest and honest attempt to effect positive change. 

The only positive change immediately necessary would be the elimination of a toxic ideology.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.39  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.14    3 years ago
Now it's an excuse rolled out to justify his inability to verbalize coherent thoughts. 

wonder what the excuse is for so many postin round here ?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.40  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.38    3 years ago

Pretty comical reply Vic, unless you were serious...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.41  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.40    3 years ago

He's serious . . . 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.43  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago
"The answers show nothing imaginative in proceeding toward what we should all aspire.In fact, all they demonstrate is the inherent ignorance that defines the small-minded, the fearful, and those more interested in the preservation of an antiquated social structure than understanding the inalterable fact... ...Dinosaurs, all."

Indeed!

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.44  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.38    3 years ago

All ideologies are toxic Vic ... even yours.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.45  Ronin2  replied to    3 years ago
Drain it and what is left? A cesspool. Which is exactly what we just experienced.

The swamp has never been drained, despite cries from both sides to do so.

Trump sure as hell didn't drain it. The Establishment parties saw to that.  They were very pissed off he wanted to wallow in their swamp! Only career politicians that have put countless hours in smaller swamps get to wallow with the Establishment elite in the DC swamp!

Biden and Pelosi are expanding the swamp as fast as they can. I notice you don't mention the ramifications for flooding the swamp; and making it even more stagnant and repellent to life.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.46  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    3 years ago

Glad you regurgitated the numbers Johnson used. 

So 570 riots compared to one right? 

He alleges 25 deaths in those 570 riots. That's .04 deaths in per riot vs 5 deaths on Jan. 6th. 

Now there's the 700 law enforcement injuries in those 570 riots. That's 1.4 injuries per riot vs 140 on Jan. 6th. 

So based on YOUR and Johnson's numbers, the Jan. 6th riot was by FAR more violent AND fatal. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.47  devangelical  replied to  Dulay @6.1.46    3 years ago

golly, why is they always conveniently fail to mention that none of those 570 riots involved the Constitutional joint session of congress certification of a presidential election and the violent breach of the capitol building? could it be false equivalency?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.48  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.2    3 years ago

Jan 6 is the whataboutism to the bigger offenses noted noted in post 6.1.1

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.49  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago
The answers show nothing imaginative in proceeding toward what we should all aspire.

And what should that be?  A nation of woke narcissist zealots who ban books and silence those they disagree with? A place where tribalism is used to win elections and promote one group over the other?  An unsafe place where laws aren't enforced and nobody is safe to walk the streets?

I'd say that we as a people had already aspired to the best we were ever going to be only a century ago. We are in a different place, which many of us couldn't even imagine a few decades ago. And who was it that brought us to this point?  The radical left. (Even French intellectuals now fear it)

The scum of the earth got us here and if you're proud of that kind of future, then I feel sorry for you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.50  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @6.1.47    3 years ago
"could it be false equivalency?"

When it's all you got, go for it!!!!!!!!

An old boyfriend had an expression I loved 'If you're going to go bear, go grizzly"

These alleged conservatives Go Grizzly all the time!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.51  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.48    3 years ago
"bigger offenses"
jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.52  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.49    3 years ago
"And what should that be?  A nation of woke narcissist zealots who ban books and silence those they disagree with? A place where tribalism is used to win elections and promote one group over the other?  An unsafe place where laws aren't enforced and nobody is safe to walk the streets?
I'd say that we as a people had already aspired to the best we were ever going to be only a century ago. We are in a different place, which many of us couldn't even imagine a few decades ago. And who was it that brought us to this point?  The radical left. (Even French intellectuals now fear it)The scum of the earth got us here and if you're proud of that kind of future, then I feel sorry for you"

You are living in an alternate universe/in the past.

You call the dems/left/progressive scum and rats.

Look in the mirror.

Deplorable.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.53  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.49    3 years ago
"A nation of woke narcissist zealots who ban books and silence those they disagree with?"
jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.54  Kavika   replied to  Tessylo @6.1.53    3 years ago
"A nation of woke narcissist zealots who ban books and silence those they disagree with?"

Sounds just like the Republicans.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.55  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.52    3 years ago

I was speaking of progressives.  You are attacking me.  

Let's see if the difference gets noticed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.56  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.55    3 years ago
"The radical left. (Even French intellectuals now fear it)The scum of the earth got us here and if you're proud of that kind of future, then I feel sorry for you"
Define the 'radical left'
Sounds like you blame EVERYTHING THAT AILS THE WORLD ON THE LEFT and take no responsibility for your own self and life.  It's all the fault of someone else that your life is the way it is?
Easier to pass the buck/blame, right?

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.57  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.49    3 years ago
And what should that be?  A nation of woke narcissist zealots who ban books and silence those they disagree with? A place where tribalism is used to win elections and promote one group over the other?  An unsafe place where laws aren't enforced and nobody is safe to walk the streets?

The fact that you think all of that suddenly manifested in the last couple of decades is comical Vic. Seriously, you have to be willfully obtuse to believe that crap. 

I'd say that we as a people had already aspired to the best we were ever going to be only a century ago.

So it was the 'greatest generation' that let it all go to hell on their watch? 

We are in a different place, which many of us couldn't even imagine a few decades ago.

And? 

And who was it that brought us to this point? 

What 'point' is that Vic? Is it modernity in general or social equity in modernity that irks you? 

The radical left.

The moderate and center left had a lot to do with it too. 

(Even French intellectuals now fear it)

Considering your aversion, why you'd mention intellectuals of any persuasion is beyond me. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    3 years ago
"Does anyone Believe ... ?"
I believe a few things and have faith in none of them. This is especially true with the overtly partisan articles you seed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Ron Johnson is a clown. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7    3 years ago

That's a great argument.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    3 years ago

www.washingtonpost.com   /politics/2021/03/15/ron-johnson-keeps-digging/

Ron Johnson keeps digging

Aaron Blake
7-9 minutes

Last week, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) yet again caused controversy by saying what he really thought about the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. Having previously   downplayed the severity of it   and   raised a debunked conspiracy theory   that it might not have been perpetrated by supporters of former president Donald Trump, Johnson said he never truly felt threatened. His reason: Because, in his words, “those are people that love this country, that truly respect law enforcement, would never do anything to break the law.” He said he would have felt more threatened if Black Lives Matter or antifa were behind the riot.

On Monday, Johnson kept digging.

In   an appearance on a local Wisconsin radio show , Johnson fought back against allegations of racism for invoking BLM and saying he would have been more scared if that movement had been behind it.

But there are several problems with his defense.

One is that he proclaimed to be surprised by the backlash.

“I completely did not anticipate that anybody could interpret what I said as racist,” Johnson said. “It’s not. This is about rioters.”

Some Trump allies have speculated that antifa was responsible for inciting violence and storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. No evidence supports this claim. (Adriana Usero/The Washington Post)

Johnson also referred to the “innocuous statement that I made, never anticipated [my opponents] would turn it into what they always turn the debate into: racism.”

That doesn’t really fit with what Johnson said last week, though. In the course of making his controversial points to conservative radio host Joe Pagliarulo, Johnson acknowledged that his comments would “get me in trouble.”

“Now, had the tables been turned — now, Joe, this will get me in trouble — had the tables been turned and President Trump won the election and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned,” Johnson said.

To the momentary credit of Johnson’s interviewer Monday, conservative host Dan O’Donnell, O’Donnell mentioned that comment to Johnson while following up. But he didn’t press him on the apparent incongruity, and Johnson skated past it.

Johnson responded of BLM: “They have proven, repeatedly, pretty violent. Which is why I would have been — I said ‘a little concerned.’ ‘A little concerned.’ So no, this is being blown way out of proportion. Again, they’re just using the race card as they always do.”

Update: Johnson told reporters later Monday that his “get me in trouble" remark wasn’t anticipating being accused of racism. “I was just commenting on the fact that I’ve been attacked repeatedly trying to get to the truth," he said. "I’ve been challenging that narrative. And so when I said you know, ‘this will probably get me in trouble,’ I’m pushing back on that narrative.”

Elsewhere in the interview, Johnson made the case for why his comments weren’t actually racist, pointing to the White participants in BLM protests.

“Remember those leftist activists, those protesters, some of them turned violent and turned into riots — a lot of them are White,” Johnson said. “You see the pictures on [Fox News host] Tucker Carlson, and it looks like most of them are White. So there’s no racism involved in this at all.”

Whatever the composition of the Black Lives Matter protests, though, the images that have played on Fox shows like Carlson’s hardly project a majority-White movement. And the videos of violence are definitely not majority-White. Even if you set aside that most people would associate Black Lives Matter with Black people, it doesn’t really pass the smell test.

Johnson continued.

“I have to admit, obviously I knew how sensitive the left is, and they have a narrative,” he said. “And the narrative they’re pushing is that there were literally thousands of armed protesters. Well, I kind of busted that up a little bit by asking the FBI witness how many guns were confiscated. None.”

First, it’s not clear where Johnson is getting his idea that “the left” is saying there were “literally thousands of armed protesters.” Most estimates peg the number of those entering the Capitol in the hundreds, and none that we’ve found say thousands were there and actually armed. It’s a great straw man to knock down.

Johnson’s claim about the lack of armed participants rests on an exchange he has earlier this month with Jill Sanborn, assistant director of the FBI’s counterterrorism division. But as fact-checkers have noted, while Sanborn said the FBI hadn’t seized guns, other law enforcement who   were involved — and much more plentiful on the scene — did . An NPR database shows that more than a dozen who have been arrested in the Capitol riot   had dangerous or deadly weapons . Even after Johnson’s comments Monday, two suspects were arrested for   allegedly spraying bear spray on a police officer , Brian D. Sicknick, who later died. And among the broader group of protesters, D.C. police officer Daniel Hodges told The Washington Post they “ had been seizing guns all day .”

“Listen, I understand that some of the protesters used flagpoles as weapons, and I don’t discount the harm that can be created by a thrown flagpole or metal fence part or baseball bat,” Johnson said Monday. “And I condemn all of that. But the fact of the matter is the left wants to push this narrative that 74 million Americans are somehow potentially armed insurrectionists or domestic terrorists.”

Another straw man. Nobody of substance is saying this represents all Trump supporters. The allegation is that the Capitol riot was the result of Trump’s baseless questioning of the 2020 election results and claims that the election was stolen, and that a relatively small number were radicalized by it — enough to put lawmakers like Johnson in danger.

Johnson, though, insists he didn’t feel endangered like his colleagues did — despite a member of his own party, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), having to run away from danger.

The last and perhaps biggest problem with Johnson’s comments is the scale and the target. There is no question that racial-justice protests occasionally turned violent last summer. As   The Post’s Philip Bump has written , though, there is no comparison when it comes to the number of people involved and the relative death toll.

Johnson referenced   25 deaths   tied to Black Lives Matter protests, but those were spread out across the country, involved hundreds of thousands more protesters, and lasted for months. By contrast, Sicknick is among five people who died as a result of the Capitol riot, according to authorities. Given the limited number of people involved — by Johnson’s own account — it was exponentially more deadly. It also involved a literal assault on the seat of government of the United States. If you had to be in the middle of one of hundreds of racial justice protests or the Capitol riot, which would you choose?

What’s perhaps most telling about Johnson’s version of events is how few of his fellow Republicans have joined in it. These are generally allegations reserved for far-right elements like   the ones Johnson cited   in raising his allegation about who was behind the Capitol riot. Few of them are downplaying what happened that day or have made similar arguments suggesting it wasn’t actually Trump supporters. They’ve merely argued that Trump wasn’t culpable or that impeaching and convicting him wasn’t warranted.

The idea that the people who overran and injured police officers “truly respect law enforcement” and that they “would never do anything to break the law,” despite about 300 of them having been arrested, was already pretty remarkable. But on Monday, Johnson continued to cast doubt on what actually happened during an event in which the historical record is pretty clear.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    3 years ago
That's a great argument.

Ron Johnson originally denied that the Capitol rioters were Trump supporters and tried to blame it on "antifa".  He is a clown who tries to emulate Trump (who is a clown). 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.1    3 years ago

Thanks for posting the entire opinion piece, but that is Aaron Blake's argument and I can quickly dismiss it as progressive projection. The fact that Johnson mentions BLM or fears it, does not, in any way, imply racism. Many black residents of the cities that saw so much violence last year must also fear BLM, IMO.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.2    3 years ago
Ron Johnson originally denied that the Capitol rioters were Trump supporters

That is debatable. Are members of a group like the Oathtakers representative of the average Trump supporter? I say NO.

and tried to blame it on "antifa". 

There was an antifa member there trying to instigate, but you couldn't blame antifa for Jan 6th. So he is wrong on that one, but that doesn't make Johnson a "racist" either. As usual those who are throwing the word around are worse than racists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.3    3 years ago

Actually, his mentioning Black Lives Matter does imply racism. He could have easily just said "leftist radicals" instead. 

You know how and why Johnson does what he does, so you could stop playing "innocent". 

Your "arguments" get farther and farther out there as time goes by.  Ron Johnson is a widely discredited individual. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.5    3 years ago
Actually, his mentioning Black Lives Matter does imply racism. He could have easily just said "leftist radicals" instead. 

Why would he do that?  According to the facts cited by ACLED: "Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement"

You know how and why Johnson does what he does, so you could stop playing "innocent". 

John, we happen so see things differently, remember?

Your "arguments" get farther and farther out there as time goes by. 

As opposed to yours, I guess.

Ron Johnson is a widely discredited individual. 

No, John, It doesn't work that way!

Phaedrus
Freshman Silent
8  Phaedrus    3 years ago
"Now, had the tables been turned—Joe, this could get me in trouble—

Yeah. Making openly racist comments will get you into trouble. And he knew it before he said it. And people still defend him. It's truly pathetic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Phaedrus @8    3 years ago

The "tables turned" involves race???

Here: This is what a racist statement is:

“You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Or this:

“We should challenge students in these schools. We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 years ago

NO.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.1    3 years ago
NO.

How about this:

“Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Veronica
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 years ago
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

This statement suggests white kids can't be poor.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.2    3 years ago

NO

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @8.1.3    3 years ago

They can't?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.4    3 years ago
NO

How about this:

"But she is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn’t know there’s a reaction that’s been been bred into our experiences that don’t go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that’s just the nature of race in our society."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.6    3 years ago

NO

Veronica
Professor Guide
8.1.8  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.5    3 years ago

Your post states that, not me.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Veronica @8.1.8    3 years ago

You know who made that statement right?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @8.1.8    3 years ago
Your post states that, not me.

My post?  Those are the words of Joe Biden. You decided to interpret them: This statement suggests white kids can't be poor.

Veronica
Professor Guide
8.1.11  Veronica  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.9    3 years ago

Doesn't matter to me who said it - I said that the statement suggests that white kids can't be poor.

Veronica
Professor Guide
8.1.12  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.10    3 years ago

I meant in your post - sorry, my error.  In your post that statement suggests that white kids can't be poor.

BTW not a Biden fan.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @8.1.12    3 years ago

Ok, can we then assume that anyone who thinks white kids can't be poor is probably racist?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.13    3 years ago

You know what they say about assumptions, right?

Veronica
Professor Guide
8.1.15  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.13    3 years ago

Not discussing racism with you, because you fail to understand what it means.

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
"a program to combat racism"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @8.1.15    3 years ago
because you fail to understand what it means.

To the contrary: I gave you numerous examples, all of which fit the definition.

I understand why you don't want to answer.

Veronica
Professor Guide
8.1.17  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.16    3 years ago

I told you why I will not talk to you about it.  I understand why you don't want to accept the truth.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1.18  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Veronica @8.1.17    3 years ago
I understand why you don't want to accept the truth.

Please speak the truth to us.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Veronica @8.1.12    3 years ago

I'm curious why you're not a Biden fan.  

Veronica
Professor Guide
8.1.20  Veronica  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1.18    3 years ago

Not worth it - you will only ticket me again and again and again.

Veronica
Professor Guide
8.1.21  Veronica  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.19    3 years ago

I PM'd you

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 years ago

Isn't that what some of us call "whataboutism?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Phaedrus @8    3 years ago

Only racist in the eyes of true racists....those who unceasingly play and exploit the race card

Thomas
Senior Guide
9  Thomas    3 years ago

This reads like typical right wing bull shit. One just starts with the premise that everything and everyone on the left is of one mind, then throws in some ephemeral yet omnipresent antifa, stirs it in with a good dash of hyperbolic city burning and rioting with undertones of Satanism, and "poof", one ready made diatribe that, were it not so pervasive and ubiquitous these days, would be laughable. 

It is hard to understand why he is so upset at journalists questioning what he is saying when every other idea he spouts is distorted beyond the limits of credulity. 

Leftists who want to memory hole last summer's political violence immediately started lecturing me that the 2020 protests were mostly peaceful. Apparently they've forgotten that, according to the Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project, 570 leftist protests became riots last year.

Well, here is what the ACLED actually said :

While the US has long been home to a vibrant protest environment, demonstrations surged to new levels in 2020.  Between 24 May and 22 August, ACLED records more than 10,600 demonstration events across the country. Over 10,100 of these — or nearly 95% — involve peaceful protesters. Fewer than 570 — or approximately 5% — involve demonstrators engaging in violence. Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement or the COVID-19 pandemic. 

There is some really good content that puts the events of last summer into a more balanced perspective than Johnson's portrayal. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @9    3 years ago
This reads like typical right wing bull shit.

Oh dear!

There is some really good content that puts the events of last summer into a more balanced perspective than Johnson's portrayal. 

You must have something hidden in the words. 570 violent demonstrations is a lot for the rest of us. I'll let the people of Portland and Seattle and Chicago etc know that those riots only accounted for 5% of the protests held by the radical left last year. I'm sure they'll feel much better about it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1    3 years ago

How many of those 570 demonstrations were made violent by outside right wing agitators?????????

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.1    3 years ago

I have to say none, unless you can show otherwise.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.2    3 years ago

Most likely the majority of them.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.3    3 years ago

Really?

Please show us the proof of that claim.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1    3 years ago
rds. 570 violent demonstrations is a lot for the rest of us

It's amazing how they think that helps them. It was "only" 570 violent riots. Who could possibly be bothered by 570 violent riots? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.1    3 years ago
of those 570 demonstrations were made violent by outside right wing agitato

I'm sure it was the same  guys who beat Officer Sicknick to death with a fire extinguisher. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.4    3 years ago

No need.  I know it's true.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.5    3 years ago

It would be like the Judge telling Paul Manafort Well, look at it this way - it could have been for life!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1.6    3 years ago
"I'm sure it was the same  guys who beat Officer Sicknick to death with a fire extinguisher."

You could be right since they were the supporters of the former occupant of the White House, you know, the one who led them on/incited them/poured fire on the flames - led them to the Capitol to 'Storm the Capitol' 'It's a Revolution' - you know his domestic terrorist mob??????

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.7    3 years ago
I know it's true.  

Do you ever think about what you think you know?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.11  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.9    3 years ago

You don’t get it. Nobody beat anybody to death with a fire extinguisher. That’s the point.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @9.1.11    3 years ago

I get it all right.  He was killed though by the former occupant of the White House's domestic terrorist mob.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.12    3 years ago

Two months in and they don't know the cause of death. That is really incredible.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1.14  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.12    3 years ago

Actually there still is no official cause of death. One thing has been determined, though: He suffered no blunt force trauma of any kind.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @9.1.14    3 years ago

Prove it!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1.16  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.15    3 years ago

" Two law enforcement officials told the  New York Times   last month that Sicknick’s injuries were the result of being hit in the head by a fire extinguisher, but a medical examiner has reportedly disputed that account,  according to CNN , finding no evidence of blunt force trauma."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1.16    3 years ago

I wasn't talking to you.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.17    3 years ago

Message and answer are still the same, talking to ME or not.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1.18    3 years ago

"Message and answer are still the same, talking to ME or not."

Yes and the former occupant of the White House and his domestic terrorist mob are still responsible for his death or should I say murder?

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
9.1.20  Old Hermit  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.2    3 years ago
How many of those 570 demonstrations were made violent by outside right wing agitators?????????
I have to say none, unless you can show otherwise

Man who helped ignite George Floyd riots identified as white supremacist: Police

The 32-year-old, dubbed "Umbrella Man," was captured in a viral video back in May wearing a black hooded outfit and a black gas mask as he smashed store windows with a sledgehammer and encouraged people to steal, according to a search warrant affidavit filed in court this week. His actions quickly led to the first of several arson fires that police say transformed peaceful protests into local danger zones, the affidavit said. He's also accused of spray painting the words "free s--- for everyone zone" on the doors of an AutoZone before he allegedly smashed in the windows. The store was broken into and set on fire shortly after, the affidavit said.

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

RICHMOND, Va. – Riots in downtown Richmond over the weekend were instigated by white supremacists under the guise of Black Lives Matter, according to law enforcement officials.

Many hundreds of thousands of citizens peacefully marched to protest the inequality of treatment the police too often show toward people of color.

ANYTIME you get that many people together there's the risk of opportunist, anarchy or instigators jumping on to try and take advantage of the gathering. 

( About 5 to 7 % of the time for the BLM rally's. )

Here are five American cities which rioted after sporting success and defeat

pri_68147127.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C399

Johnson is a raciest, lying jackass trying to bury the pile of dog crap that is the Trump followers who tried to use lethal force to overthrow the legally elected government and the roll played by the large portion of bigots and white supremacist in the current Trump gop behind the weakest of what about isms.

Saying he's fine with things like this;

AP PHOTOS: Scenes of violence at U.S. Capitol Shock world

2000.jpeg

gettyimages-830617844_master-e1502813545641.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=410&h=244https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/gettyimages-830617844_master-e1502813545641.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=820&h=488 820w, 690w, 1380w, 950w, 1900w, 1600w, 3200w" sizes="(min-width: 64em) 1600px, (min-width: 48em) 950px, (min-width: 26.5625em) 690px, 410px" style="display:block;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;" width="325" height="193" >

Neo-Nazi Who Killed Charlottesville Protester Is Sentenced To Life In Prison

original

But when poor ol Johnson catches a glimpse of the black in the LARGELY PEACEFUL BLM gatherings, well then he starts shivering and pissing himself in fear.

original

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Old Hermit @9.1.20    3 years ago

Thank you so much Old Hermit!  For the truth and the facts of the matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very enlightening!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately it will fall on deaf, dumb, and blind ears/eyes/minds

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.22  Sean Treacy  replied to  Old Hermit @9.1.20    3 years ago
rella Man," was captured in a viral video back in May wearing a black hooded outfit and a black gas mask as he smashed store windows with a sledgehammer and encouraged people to steal, according to a search warrant affidavit filed in court this week. His actions quickly led to the first of several arson fires that police say transformed peaceful protests into local danger zones, the affidavit said. He's also accused of spray painting the w

He knocked the windows out and walked away.. That somehow forced innocent BLM supporters enter the store, loot it and set it on fire.  It also made them break into other stores, loot and burn them down.  And it also makes him responsible for the 570 other violent riots.  

Poor BLM rioters, so mentally weak that a single man breaking a few windows gave them no choice but to destroy an entire city.   

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9.1.23  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.10    3 years ago
Do you ever think about what you think you know?

know, Y don't U X plane as day to me what is unseen by you

Thomas
Senior Guide
9.1.24  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1    3 years ago

Go right ahead, Vic, give them a shout out. I used to live near Capital Hill in Seattle, and I know the park that had the  CHAZ in it. It was a tiny area in relation to the city, yet to hear some clamor on about it, you would have thought that they barricaded the freeways and had the whole town under siege. This faux, manufactured outrage is just what I am talking about when I say right wing BS. 

Here is the definition of violent protest from the site that 570 number comes from:

Violent demonstrations refer to demonstration events in which the demonstrators themselves engage in violently disruptive and/or destructive acts targeting other individuals, property, businesses, other rioting groups, or armed actors. Such demonstrations can involve engagement in violence (e.g. clashes with police), vandalism (e.g. property destruction), looting, road-blocking using barricades, burning tires or other materials, amongst others. This category also includes events where violence may have been initially instigated by police or other actors engaging demonstrators associated with the BLM movement.

Further:

The vast majority of demonstration events associated with the BLM movement are non-violent ( see map below ). In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement, demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations, 4  meanwhile, have been limited to fewer than 220 locations   under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful protests. In many urban areas like Portland, Oregon, for example, which has seen sustained unrest since Floyd’s killing, violent demonstrations are largely confined to specific blocks, rather than dispersed throughout the city 

To be clear, one violent act is too many, and I by no means mean to diminish the consequences of these acts, but to characterize these demonstrations with a blanket label of "violent" is not just disingenuous, it is utterly false and a lie. Those people who continue to claim that the BLM protests were violent in nature are just lying, pure and simple. Facts are facts and there are no "alternate facts" allowed in truthful debate. If  the characterization rises again, I will feel free, as should anyone on this site, to call the claim a lie, because it is.

But, once again, it comes from nowhere strange(from the same page):

...stems from political orientation and biased media framing ( Washington Post, 24 August 2020 ), such as disproportionate coverage of violent demonstrations ( Business Insider, 11 June 2020; Poynter, 25 June 2020 ). Groups like the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) have documented organized disinformation campaigns aimed at spreading a “ deliberate mischaracterization of groups or movements [involved in the protests], such as portraying activists who support Black Lives Matter as violent extremists or claiming that antifa is a terrorist organization coordinated or manipulated by nebulous external forces” ( ADL, 2020 ). These disinformation campaigns may be contributing to the decline in public support for the BLM movement after the initial increase following Floyd’s killing, especially amongst the white population ( USA Today, 31 August 2020 ; Civiqs, 30 August 2020a , 30 August 2020b ). This waning support also comes as the Trump administration recently shifted its “law and order” messaging to target local Democratic Party politicians from urban areas, particularly on the campaign trail ( NPR, 27 August 2020 ).

Have a nice day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2  Tessylo  replied to  Thomas @9    3 years ago

It's all whataboutism and has nothing to do with what happened on 1/6/21.

Which is all you'll get from these 'articles' - whataboutism, denial, deflection, projection.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thomas @9    3 years ago
it. One just starts with the premise that everything and everyone on the left is of one mind

yes, the left never, ever does that.  

Imagine the left picking a single riot and using it to stereotype an entire movement. That would never happen. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.3    3 years ago

Yeah, the gqp, NEVER DOES THAT!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Thomas @9    3 years ago
Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement or the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Add in the Antifa agitators, and that's who causes most of the violence of those supposedly peaceful protests.

In contrast to one protest that turned violent by a small number of alleged Trump supporters, while the vast majority of those present at the Capitol remained peaceful.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @9.4    3 years ago

Not true.  I notice you 'copy' a lot of what I say.  Best to copy the smart one here!

P.S. I'm not interested.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9.4.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @9.4.1    3 years ago

I learned it from you, Tessy.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.4.3  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @9.4.2    3 years ago

Learned what?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.4.4  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @9.4    3 years ago
"In contrast to one protest that turned violent by a small number of alleged Trump supporters, while the vast majority of those present at the Capitol remained peaceful."
They've arrested over 300 people so far for this 'small number of alleged turd supporters' and expect to arrest over 100 more.  
Another moron said something like it was a 'one-off riot' - is that what they're calling insurrections these days?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    3 years ago
There’s a reason why the boarded-up windows in the downtowns of major cities came down soon after  Joe Biden  won the election: Nobody was worried what Trump supporters would do if their guy lost; they were worried about what Biden supporters would do if their guy didn’t win.

Admit it. This is a true statement.

Thomas
Senior Guide
10.1  Thomas  replied to  Tacos! @10    3 years ago

Probably because Trump supporters were  pushing the  big lie and wanted to steal the election.

Admit it, This is a true statement. Imagine being pissed about that.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thomas @10.1    3 years ago

The reason doesn't matter. The point is one side has a consistent history of violence, and the other basically has an isolated incident.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @10.1.1    3 years ago
"and the other basically has an isolated incident"
Unfuckingbelievable!

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
11  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

DUuuu

Here's exactly what I said: "Now, had the tables been turned—Joe, this could get me in trouble—had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election, and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned."

Mr. Johnson, a Republican, is a U.S. senator from Wisconsin

Hell yeah he wasn't too concerned, it was HIS side attacking the capitol.

This one really does get my ... DUuuuuu 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.1  Tacos!  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @11    3 years ago
Hell yeah he wasn't too concerned, it was HIS side attacking the capitol.

Maybe he should have been concerned. From what I understand, the noose they had was for Mike Pence. In fact, if you go back to Trump’s speech and understand his words in context, he was urging people to make themselves heard to Republicans, not Democrats. They all already knew Democrats weren’t going to budge. It was Republicans they were trying to convince.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
11.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tacos! @11.1    3 years ago
From what I understand,

I'd say you understand more than he did. So much of this was so over the top and unrealistic.. Hopefully a once in a lifetime crazy time. 

trumps ultimate goal in sending people to disrupt the  government's business must have been to enable trump to legally order Martial law allowing him to hold power. 

trump's a frickin idiot .. a very twisted dangerous one.  

martial law

noun

the law temporarily imposed upon an area by state or national military forces when civil authority has broken down or during wartime military operations.

Thomas
Senior Guide
11.1.2  Thomas  replied to  Tacos! @11.1    3 years ago

You forgot the quotes around "Convince"

JBB
Professor Principal
12  JBB    3 years ago

We have all now witnessed Ron Johnson lying his ass off enough to verify that he has zero credibility. He is a joke, a punch line. He can go eat a bug...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @12    3 years ago

You're funny.