Respect
respect yourself and respect for others is natural

Here's something different, some reading music: offered choices;

imagine: 

trust: 

respect:

Respect 

To me so much comes down to respect.   
To respect that I am not alone on this planet and to respect that other individuals have needs, wants, desires, ideas, identities and feelings just as I do.   

When I vote my goal is to elect individuals that at least appear to represent and will negotiate for my ideas, needs, wants, and desires.

Out of my respect of the different individuals whom I share this planet and nation with I certainly do not expect for everything to be exactly as I would like it to be. IMO: Thinking like that would drive a person nuts anyway.   

Nor do I expect that the individuals I help elect for them not to expect or demand that everything that they represent and negotiate on my behalf also not be everything exactly as I would like it to be.   (Or worse yet, as THEY would like it to be.)   

In my opinion to believe and feel differently would be pretty selfish, foolish and actually unrealistic. As, no one is an island.  

Not everyone seems to see it as I do, including most of the people who gain riches and power from the current political status. (our employees)

Today and for many years now our politicians and media have done little but backstab, undermind and retaliate against each other in their quest for power dividing up American families and friends all for their riches and more power over us. 

The respect for each other, the laws of our land, the election process and our leaders is about gone. The worst part may be that we allowed this to happen. We encouraged this to happen. When WE as individuals choose sides ourselves and voted for those who were more than happy to represent us to gain power and riches without the mandate of negotiation  in place and instead in a tone of winning at all costs, WE the people created our own unrespectable system. 

Sadly, and unfortunately, personally I don't see that changing for the better any time soon, I think we probably have not seen the worst of it or what this brings as of yet.  

Sadly, I think most of us are so involved already it's hard not to be a part of it all, as it appears that respect everywhere for most everything seems somewhat lacking to me these days.   For myself as well some days.

I do hope for a brighter tomorrow but that is up to all of us. (So, I'm not holding my breath!) 

If you read my whole rant .... Thanks, Steve  

fun link:  https://i.giphy.com/media/l0He8HZuuPo9UzrUY/giphy.webp

PS: Thank you all, especially to Perrie for this great versatile site ! 

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Veronica
Professor Guide
1  Veronica    3 years ago
I do hope for a brighter tomorrow but that is up to all of us. (So, I'm not holding my breath!) 

I feel that way as well.  Loved the music links. 

After reading your article and thinking it over - I think I need a break from this - I have gotten too caught up and stressing myself out.  Time for some me time....

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1.1  author  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Veronica @1    3 years ago
I think I need a break from this - I have gotten too caught up and stressing myself out.  Time for some me time....

Thank you Veronica for the kind words, I took a break myself last week, it was good for me. 

And personally I like the Imagine video best. I tried to find links that open and let the post still be read, but only the Imagine video does that. Plus the Respect video is of very poor quality... Opps 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
2  JaneDoe    3 years ago

IMO, respect for differing opinions and willingness to compromise is becoming more of a pipe dream everyday. Our government sucks at it and online forums allow people to be over the top ignorant to each other. It’s easy to be an ass when your identity is hidden and you know you never have to be held accountable. 
I recommend frequent breaks for your own sanity. It’s like a bad soap opera anyway. No matter how long you’ve been away a few minutes in you realize you didn’t miss much.

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    3 years ago

I understand and do applaud your efforts.

I just hate to say that there are some people, that no matter what you do, will just walk all over you.

Sophomore Guide
3.1  author  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @3    3 years ago
I just hate to say that there are some people, that no matter what you do, will just walk all over you.

Agreed that's why I figure I have feet and know what they are for. lol 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Ender  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.1    3 years ago

These boots were made for walking...

Haha

Sophomore Guide
3.1.2  author  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @3.1.1    3 years ago
These boots were made for walking... Haha

LOL Yep, I don't mind walking away from a bad situation or f-ed up people, it's a huge world with plenty of happy places and people so why let others rain on the parade much ? 

Yep feet,  A Great invention...lol 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago
PS: Thank you all, especially to Perrie for this great versatile site ! 

And Perrie jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg 's it when people use the site in such a positive way! Well done Steve! 

Sophomore Guide
4.1  author  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 years ago
use the site in such a positive way! Well done

Thanks Perrie, I like the site a lot, the tools available to produce interesting media makes it interesting to both visit and use.

Two Thumbs up !

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

I personally was brought up to believe in and follow the golden rule and I taught my children and grandchildren to do the same. I do try to respect others and their points of view as much as possible and to generally try to treat others as I would expect to be treated. Some people however, that just does not work with. I am human and I do make mistakes and do try to own up to said mistakes when I make them.

Sophomore Guide
5.1  author  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5    3 years ago
I personally was brought up to believe in and follow the golden rule

It shows Ed,

I too had that philosophy instilled in me as a child and I agree, I as everyone makes mistakes and am human. 

That is where my Respect stems from. Respecting myself leads to respecting others.

You took my post to the core, where I missed that part, Thank You ! 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.1  author  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1    3 years ago
You took my post to the core, where I missed that part,

I may have missed that part because when I grew up I became more of a "I treat others how they treat me" type of person. 

I start off treating everyone nicely and with respect, From there I take my clue for them. IF they treat me well they get the same in return, the same is true IF they treat me badly. 

And I can be one of the nicest people you ever met but I can also be the biggest asshole you never wanted to meet. 

I prefer to play the nice guy, But I've been hurt enough I certainly have plenty of pain to distribute if I choose to. 

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif    lol

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    3 years ago
Nor do I expect that the individuals I help elect for them not to expect or demand that everything that they represent and negotiate on my behalf also not be everything exactly as I would like it to be.   (Or worse yet, as THEY would like it to be.)    In my opinion to believe and feel differently would be pretty selfish, foolish and actually unrealistic. As, no one is an island.  

You mean to tell me that the world does not revolve around my personal wants, needs and desires? DAMN IT ALL! jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif Just kidding.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
7  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    3 years ago

Oh... and Pantera was always one of my favorite bands by the way. I saw them at Ozzfest 97 in Clarkston, MI [Pine Knob / DTE Music Theater]. I still have two picks thrown into the crowd from Dimebag Darryl. It really sucks that Darryl and Vinnie are both gone now. I loved Vinnie's drumming.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a place in my heart for the others posted, but there's always been something extra about Pantera for me.