╌>

Biden Official Asked GOP Senators to Delete Photos of Border Facilities, Senator Says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  30 comments

By:   Brittany Bernstein (MSN)

Biden Official Asked GOP Senators to Delete Photos of Border Facilities, Senator Says
Senator Mike Braun was visiting a migrant-processing facility at 700 percent capacity with a group of Republican lawmakers.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Senator Mike Braun (R., Ind.) on Saturday said a Biden official asked a group of Republican senators who visited the southern border to delete photos they had taken of the overcrowded conditions at a migrant processing and holding center they toured one day earlier in Donna, Texas.

© Courtesy of the Office of Congressman Henry Cuellar (TX-28) A U.S. Customs and Border Protection temporary overflow facility in Donna, Texas

"There was one of Biden's representatives. I felt sorry for the lady because she actually talked to me about deleting a picture, but by the time she got to me, all those other pictures were taken, and that shows you the hypocrisy," Braun told the Washington Examiner.

"None of us would have gone down there if we were going to be muzzled," Braun said, adding that Border Patrol instructed them not to take photos, though "they were telling us that because they had to."

Braun visited the facility, which is at 700 percent capacity, with a group of 18 other Republican lawmakers. Photos reveal children sleeping on the ground on mats and migrants crowded into enclosed pods.

The Indiana Republican told the paper that the group ran into so-called "coyotes," who guide migrants across the border for money, during a stop at the edge of the Rio Grande with border agents.

"All of a sudden to hear from the other side of the river taunting from the smugglers and coyotes, most of it in Spanish, telling the border guards that whatever you do, we're coming," Braun said. "That kind of hit home in such an anecdotal way because it is one story that kind of is a metaphor for what's happening all up and down the border.

After the visit, Braun wrote a letter to the president urging him to visit the border himself.

"The crisis surrounding this surge makes it a moral imperative for you to see firsthand what is happening—and not the sanitized version of the border tour taken by some of my congressional colleagues," Braun wrote. "Having personally gone this week, I can testify to this being an inhumane, unsustainable and dangerous situation.

The lawmakers' visit comes amid a worsening crisis at the border as officials struggle to keep up with an influx of migrants — especially unaccompanied minors — at the border.

As of Thursday, there were more than 18,000 unaccompanied minors in Border Protection and Health and Human Services custody. The increase has caused delays at processing centers that are required, by law, to transfer children to HHS shelters in under 72 hours.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

What is the Administration afraid of a few pictures for?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

Uh.  Okay.  Sure.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1    3 years ago

Good  to see that you have finally seen the light and have ceased arguing nothing.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

So...  A Biden official was hanging around there and said this?  No name? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2    3 years ago

Why would picture taking be limited or stopped at all?

What is the Admin trying to hide?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    3 years ago

The story is a lie.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.2    3 years ago

Prove it then.

Should I come back in an hour or two?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.4  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    3 years ago

A Biden official just knocked on my front door and asked me to delete my browser history.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.4    3 years ago

So what did you do to piss off China Joe?

Not backing his BS hard enough?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.6  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.3    3 years ago

You posted it.  You prove it.  I say it is a lie.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @1.2.6    3 years ago

I'll take the words of people who were actually there over some random internet person who wasn't even there.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.8  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    3 years ago
Why would picture taking be limited or stopped at all?

Were they?  I've seen the pictures.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.8    3 years ago

Then why were they asked to stop at all?

That makes no sense, unless they wanted to stop pictures from being seen in public.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.10  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.9    3 years ago

The whole story doesn't make sense which means it's very likely fake.  Did Biden send his "official" all the way to the border just to ask them to delete their pictures?  Was the "official" just there to stop picture taking?  Most likely the "official" was an employee of Braun's campaign.  Since the "official" is unnamed we may never know.

If it doesn't make sense it isn't true.

-  Judge Judy

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.12  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.11    3 years ago

You see?  The photos haven't been deleted at all.  It's horrible and something needs to be done about it.  The article above is a lie.  If you don't want pictures taken you don't allow anybody in with a phone.  Deleting pictures afterwards won't work.  They're already online.  The article doesn't make sense.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.12    3 years ago
The article above is a lie.

Already proved to you that it isn't.

Why are you arguing against verified stories running in multiple media sources?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.14  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    3 years ago

What they are trying to hide is that little teeny detail called the truth!

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.15  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.13    3 years ago

The article is about a Biden official asking people to delete photos.  It's not about whether the photos exist.  I don't deny that the photos exist or that the conditions there are good.  This Senator doesn't need to make stuff up.  That doesn't help make things better at the border.  I'm glad he took the pictures.  Things need to be done better down there.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    3 years ago

Sounds like another GOPER spaghetti on the floor like their, "Tax cuts will pay for themselves."

Yeah, I too felt empathy for the poor lady who had the misfortune to be in the company of knuckle draggers in drag without knuckle gloves.

Sen Braun?  Sure.  He's a standup-standup.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @2    3 years ago

Besides just taking potshots at the Senator, what is YOUR beef with him?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    3 years ago

For one.  He would legislate to force my 14 year old granddaughter to bear the child even if she were a rape victim.  That is one pot shot.  Need more? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.1    3 years ago

Got anything actually on [topic Deleted ?]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

But there's no issue at the border. 

The  Biden admin just needs an unprecedented media blackout and to keep Senators from documenting what's happening.

But everything is normal.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4  Gazoo    3 years ago

I’m surprised dems aren’t confiscating the pics so they can blame them on the next repub admin. Just like they did with obama’s cages.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    3 years ago

Can we please stop pretending these people care about transparency?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @5    3 years ago

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Ender @5.1    3 years ago

Biden authorized eye-wear - "I see nothin'".

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  1stwarrior @5.1.1    3 years ago

Just add three monkeys to the pic.

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2  evilone  replied to  Tacos! @5    3 years ago
Can we please stop pretending these people care about transparency?

Yeah... this is getting to be a joke. The Dems aren't much better than the Reps when it comes to playing politics with transparency.