╌>

Matt Gaetz may bow out of Congress early: report

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  25 comments

By:   Olafimihan Oshin (MSN)

Matt Gaetz may bow out of Congress early: report
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), an ally of former President Trump, is reportedly considering retiring from Congress to take a job with Newsmax, according to an Axios report.Gaetz, who was first elected to the House in 2016, the same year Trump won the presidency, has told allies that he is thinking about ending his congressional career in its third term. He's started early conversations with Newsmax about joining the conservative network, according...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

© Getty Images Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) addresses the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), an ally of former President Trump, is reportedly considering retiring from Congress to take a job with Newsmax, according to an Axios report.

Gaetz, who was first elected to the House in 2016, the same year Trump won the presidency, has told allies that he is thinking about ending his congressional career in its third term. He's started early conversations with Newsmax about joining the conservative network, according to Axios.

Newsmax saw its ratings shoot up in the weeks following Trump's loss in the 2020 presidential election and is seeking to cast itself as an alternative to Fox News, the ratings leader among cable news networks.

Gaetz, 38, has gained a lot of attention for his support for Trump, and has frequently made cable news appearances to talk up the former president. Trump has teased running for office again in 2024.

According to a source, Gaetz believes having a prominent spot in the media could help him gain momentum for a national political role in the future.

Gaetz recently made political waves by backing an effort to remove Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from House leadership after she voted to impeach Trump for his role in the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

Read More Microsoft and partners may be compensated if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

That surely did not take very long...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    3 years ago

Maybe he needs more time to focus on his lover....I mean, "son", Nestor. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    3 years ago

Gaetz is just another far right wing radical that had some traction when trump was in office, but now he has become completely irrelevant. Good riddance to bad trash. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    3 years ago

The Justice Department has allegedly been investigating Congressman Matt Gaetz of Florida since the final months of Trump’s presidency over whether Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him, according to The New York Times

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    3 years ago

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Let him pollute the airwaves to his own kind.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    3 years ago

Sex is the least of the problems facing Gaetz.

Follow the money.  It is dirty and much of it is foreign.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
6.1  pat wilson  replied to  bbl-1 @6    3 years ago

He's done.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @6    3 years ago

Anyone associated with trumpturd is filthy dirty compromised complicit scum.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7  Gsquared    3 years ago

Gastz is a loud-mouthed jerk with no accomplishments at all, unless you call being a Trump sycophant an accomplishment.

Hallux
PhD Principal
8  Hallux    3 years ago

Judge a person by their friends ... in Gaetz's case ... oops!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    3 years ago

https://www.yahoo.com/news/matt-gaetz-blew-fbi-extortion-042700202.html

Matt Gaetz blew up FBI extortion case to distract from underage sex report, ex-DOJ official and NYT reporter suggest

Peter Weber
Wed, March 31, 2021, 12:27 AM
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) did not deny Tuesday night that the Justice Department is investigating him for sex trafficking, related to his alleged sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl two years ago, but he did say in a bizarre Fox News interview that the 17-year-old girl does not exist, that he had no sexual relationships with minors, and, oddly, that there are no "pictures of me with child prostitutes."
Hmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . . 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @9    3 years ago

I thought the age of consent in Florida was 12?

Hallux
PhD Principal
9.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    3 years ago

16 or 17 under the Romeo & Juliet Law ... the other individual being no older than 23. I have no idea if soliloquies are wo/mandatory.

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    3 years ago

Haha...I think they are going by a federal law that one cannot transport anyone under 18 while expecting paid services, or something like that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    3 years ago

12???????????  Sorry for my disbelief but 12 years old sounds like pedophile territory as far as I'm concerned.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.3    3 years ago

I was being facetious. But for all I know that could be the age of consent in those Florida backwaters

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.4    3 years ago

I realized that after I posted it.  Sorry!  Back in those Florida backwaters - yikes!  

Ender
Professor Principal
9.2  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @9    3 years ago

Idiot had an interview on fox. Saying that it was about extortion, then he turned around and admitted that a case was about women.

Sounds like he is trying to say the cases are one in the same when to me they sound like two separate cases.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.3  pat wilson  replied to  Tessylo @9    3 years ago

Qanon was right about the sex trafficking, just wrong about the party affiliation.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.3.2  pat wilson  replied to    3 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9.3.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  pat wilson @9.3    3 years ago

it is a new project, called projection, where as the projector attempts to get people focused on the projected screened in porch while they try and wipe the windows clean in their glass house while continuing to throw stone

cold blatant creamery stones out the door for the peep holes to see their view obscured, and or a bolded molded facsimile of they,yet placed upon others they blame for doing exactly as they say, over and overtly just a weigh to hold down the minions too easily led astray and unable to form their own opinions with out the 'right' sway in back n forth coming to a B for long gone in conclusion that know of no Russian Collusion cause Hillary's E-Male Putin, put distractions in their face impeding the tractions leading to disgrace, Full 

of Bull, Winked and wrinkled eyes , and Lies and LIes and LIE's the truth cause in front of their own iii's they don't see the constant hypocrisy of it was they that did it, not and never ME   cause Russian Collusion despite the confusion was NEVER an illusion, nor were improper calls and or Mexico paying for Walls while Bidens son never rose from the stink, as people wouldn't THINK, cause Trump only LIED while siting up in bed, and possibly with every other word he claims he hasn't said it outright, but he has been consistently wrong EVERY DAY LONG

so time to Wipe the Matt with Defeats that dance as he fondles underage heavy pants from under wear romancing a stone thrown the storm door meant to produce the screen where projector portrays upon others all their SHIT per formed to subdue the normed into a way too Abbey, Gail forced, reality divorced, marriage to shame, shift and Miss direct the Blame and all the while say the same , over and overtly yet again, as they are truly mice, amongst Men

pat wilson
Professor Participates
9.3.4  pat wilson  replied to  igknorantzrulz @9.3.3    3 years ago

A thousand thumbs up !!!

Ender
Professor Principal
10  Ender    3 years ago

Haha. This guy is grasping at straws...

@JuddLegum
·
15h
This is an amazing moment of television. Gaetz claims that Tucker Carlson had dinner with a Gaetz and a woman who is somehow involved in the probe. Tucker responds that he has no idea what Gaetz is talking about.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11  Tessylo    3 years ago

167134656_10215422100905538_6496891474186477876_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=j78GZ4SadbUAX-FGhwK&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&tp=7&oh=e91e1b1d0bd905976aa440e0a59a7ca4&oe=608BA246