╌>

The Coming Conflict Between Introverts and Extroverts

Category:  Mental Health and Wellness

Via:  hallux  •  3 years ago  •  4 comments

By:   JULIE BECK, AMANDA MULL, AND KATHERINE J. WU - The Arlantic

The Coming Conflict Between Introverts and Extroverts
When the social floodgates open, not everyone will want to use their newfound freedom in the same way.

I will miss not being recognized by people I don't remember.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Once, we had a wide world of socializing opportunities: crowded bars and intimate dinner parties, stadiums full of strangers and weddings full of everyone we loved most. The coronavirus pandemic made many of those things dangerous or impossible, and shrank our social worlds dramatically.

Now, as vaccination rates go up, the floodgates of social life are poised to reopen. But not everyone will want to use this newfound freedom in the same way. Even before the pandemic, introverts and extroverts disagreed on the optimal size and frequency of gatherings. Post-vaccine life may breed some misunderstandings between the extroverts who want to dive headfirst into a sea of other people and the introverts who are excited to see their friends but don’t want to pack their schedules so full that they have no time to just   be .

To get a sense of how these personality types are planning to approach life after the pandemic, I had a chat with two of my colleagues— Amanda Mull , an extrovert, and   Katherine Wu , an introvert.

We talked about what they are and aren’t looking forward to, how they would design the new normal if it were up to them, and how we can be kind to our friends who aren’t ’verted the same way we are.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    3 years ago

'verted? Does that come in woke?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

Being a midtravert I'll play both sides.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

Me, too. Tho I think I tend towards more introvert. I really only like hanging with just a few people

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    3 years ago

Same with me.