╌>

NEW ... Justice Department: Arizona Senate Audit, Recount May Violate Federal Law

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  321steve  •  3 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   BEN GILES

NEW ... Justice Department: Arizona Senate Audit, Recount May Violate Federal Law
Updated May 6, 20212:03 PM ET

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

"We have a concern that Maricopa County election records, which are required by federal law to be retained and preserved, are no longer under the ultimate control of elections officials, are not being adequately safeguarded by contractors, and are at risk of damage or loss," Karlan wrote in the letter addressed to Fann.

The other issue: Plans for door-to-door canvassing may also violate federal laws aimed at preventing voter intimidation, according to Karlan.

gettyimages-1232636430_wide-498c6055309732124d68af906231c7d5fd4a7a6e-s1600-c85.jpg
Enlarge this image

The election review is seen at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix.

Courtney Pedroza/Getty Images

The Senate's contract with Cyber Ninjas states the firms plan to "identify voter registrations that did not make sense, and then knock on doors to confirm if valid voters actually lived at the state address ." Auditors also plan to ask voters about their voting history to determine "whether the individual voted in the [November] election."

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

Unreal !!

Luckily I won't be home that day if they come here. Whatever day that may be. 

trump's big brother... can just Fck off !!

I'm sure my 5 adult Chow Chows will happily greet them thru the picture window though.   

Shakin head.. Duu When did I leave America ? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Besides being voter intimidation, isn't that door-to-door thing contrary to the anonymity of voting?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1  Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    3 years ago

That is my question as well, Buzz. 

They may find going to people's houses that they might meet an 80 pit bull or the wrong end of a shotgun.

Sophomore Guide
2.2  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    3 years ago
isn't that door-to-door thing contrary to the anonyminity of voting?

Yep kinda shoots the private voting law ta Hell. 

But it seems that what the new "Patriots" want.

Extremely sad !

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

You can't get much more bizarre than the lastest on this ''recount.''

BUSTED: Capitol insurrectionist is counting ballots at controversial Arizona election audit

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

This whole thing is a ducking g joke and the more we find out about it the clearer it becomes that the people doing it do t even know what they are doing or look g for. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    3 years ago
ducking

Ducking autocorrect.

Sophomore Guide
6  seeder  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

'Crazy Times Carnival' to take place on same grounds as Maricopa County election audit

Phoenix Lights Return Over Glendale, Arizona Feb 9, 2021, Videos UFO Sighting News.

Welcome to crazytown, we have it all covered. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1  Kavika   replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6    3 years ago

As my sainted grandmother would say about these crazies, ''I don't understand your type of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it.''

My grandfather who isn't sainted and a bit more direct would say. ''Them boys could fuck up a one-car funeral.''

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @6.1    3 years ago
''Them boys could fuck up a one-car funeral.''

I think your Grandfather must have know mine, as that is something my Grandfather liked to say as well. They were likely of the same generation. 

'Course.....my Grandfather, being of the older generation, would use the words 'mess up' instead in front of the women folk. But, we kids used to sneak around where the men folk would talk and hear what the real words  sounded like. Then run off and giggle like crazy, repeating what we heard several times over and laughing each time.

Thomas
Senior Guide
7  Thomas    3 years ago
"We have a concern that Maricopa County election records, which are required by federal law to be retained and preserved, are no longer under the ultimate control of elections officials, are not being adequately safeguarded by contractors, and are at risk of damage or loss," Karlan wrote in the letter addressed to Fann.

This is the precise concern that I have expressed.