╌>

Do Trump Republicans Love America ?

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

Do Trump Republicans Love America ?

I think it is a good time to ask this question, in light of what Lindsey Graham told Sean Hannity tonight, and vice versa. 

Lindsey Graham : The most popular Republican in America — it’s not Lindsey Graham, is not Liz Cheney, it’s Donald Trump. People on our side of the aisle believe that Trump policies worked. They’re disappointed that he lost. To try to erase Donald Trump from the Republican party is insane. And the people who try to erase him are going to wind up getting erased. It’s impossible for this party to move forward without President Trump being its leader, because the people who are conservatives have chosen him as their leader. And you know why they chose him? Because he delivered.

Lindsey Graham is telling us that Republicans, conservatives, have tied their loyalty completely to someone who tried to overthrow the government of the United States,  because "he delivered". 

Graham says, in no uncertain terms that Trump, the most dishonest president in the history of the United States of America MUST be followed no matter what because "he delivered".

Donald Trump never once reached 50% in approval. He is the only president in the history of the polling , which goes back many decades, to never reach 50% approval in his first term. 

Trump "delivered" for a minority of the American people, yet we are supposed to accept this as justification for keeping the worst president in US history as a focus of our national political scene. This is insanity. In any case it doesnt matter what Trump did or did not "accomplish", he is not and never was fit for office. 

The Republican Party cannot make this better. The rest of us have to. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

www.mediaite.com   /tv/lindsey-graham-goes-all-in-on-trump-as-leader-of-the-gop-trying-to-erase-him-from-the-party-is-insane/

Lindsey Graham Goes All In on Trump as Leader of the GOP: Trying to ‘Erase’ Him from the Party Is ‘Insane’

By Josh FeldmanMay 10th, 2021, 9:55 pm 2-3 minutes   5/10/2021

Senator   Lindsey Graham   (R- SC)   infamously tweeted in 2016 , “If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed…….and we will deserve it.”

Graham has obviously   slightly   adjusted his position since then, and even straight-up told   Sean Hannity   last week the GOP   cannot move forward without Trump .

Hannity spoke again with the South Carolina senator Monday night and noted how he got “hammered a little bit” for those comments.

The Fox host proceeded to go through the Trump agenda and said it’s everything conservatives should love.

Trump has been widely denounced for pushing the big lie about the 2020 election.   Liz Cheney   is being ousted from House GOP leadership for calling Trump out on that.

Graham famously   erupted   the night of January 6th and said, “Trump and I, we’ve had a hell of a journey. I hate it being this way. Oh, my god, I hate it. From my point of view, he’s been a consequential president. But today, first thing you’ll see, all I can say is count me out, enough is enough.”

Now Graham is continuing to dig in on praising Trump as the leader the GOP needs, insisting his remarks last week were just “common sense.”

The most popular Republican in American — it’s not Lindsey Graham, is not Liz Cheney, it’s Donald Trump. People on our side of the aisle believe that Trump policies worked. They’re disappointed that he lost. To try to erase Donald Trump from the Republican party is insane. And the people who try to erase him are going to wind up getting erased. It’s impossible for this party to move forward without President Trump being its leader, because the people who are conservatives have chosen him as their leader. And you know why they chose him? Because he delivered.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Delivered what?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    3 years ago

Endless chaos ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Independents need to decide what side they are on in all this. This is not the time in our nation's history to be above it all.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

So, now it's the Independent's fault????

Hallux
Masters Principal
3  Hallux    3 years ago

So Lindsey has learned that spreading fear works ... lesson 2 of fear sinator is that it has a backwash that will erase you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

This is all so much more serious than many people realize. After Nixon was disgraced in Watergate he slunk away like a whipped dog for a number of years, and never really got back his "good name". 

What Trump did was very arguably much more serious than what Nixon did, and yet Trump's followers continue to worship him and in effect say they can't go on without him. Its bizarre, but it is also an ongoing threat to our democracy. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    3 years ago

trumpturd republicans love themselves only.  I can only imagine the dirt trumpturd has on these scumbags that they still support him????????