╌>

Basking In The Glory Of Simone Biles, Yet Again

Category:  Sports

Via:  thrawn-31  •  3 years ago  •  6 comments

Basking In The Glory Of Simone Biles, Yet Again
Here’s the problem with writing about Simone Biles. At some point, you start to run out of superlatives.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

“This is becoming routine for Biles: Another competition, another record obliterated.” 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Excited to see what she does in the Olympics.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    3 years ago

She is going to kick ass.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

What an absolutely fantastic athlete, nothing she does surprises me any longer.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

Definitely the gymnastics GOAT, the back of her leotard is 100% appropriate and a mere statement of fact at this point.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  seeder  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

My girls have been in gymnastics for about a month and on day 2 of their practice, watching what the more advanced girls were doing, I had a realization. Gymnastics is the only sport where you HAVE to start them young. Because once you reach a certain age a) your muscles and joints just won't be on board, and b) your brain sees what they do and says "fuck that, never gonna happen in a million years." 

When you are a young kid you do that kind of shit because why the hell not? I bet I can get more air than you! The concept of death, the idea that it could all go horribly wrong, hasn't really sunk in as a reality for you yet and by the time you are and adult, you have been doing it so long that it is second nature and no bigger a deal than taking a shit.