╌>

Meghan McCain: Harris 'sounded like a moron' discussing immigration

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  58 comments

By:   Celine Castronuovo (MSN)

Meghan McCain: Harris 'sounded like a moron' discussing immigration
Meghan McCain, co-host of "The View," slammed Vice President Harris over remarks she made during her visit to Guatemala and Mexico this week, arguing Harris "sounded like a moron" when responding to questions on why she hasn't visited the U.S.-Mexico border yet. McCain's commentary came during Friday's talk show, when the hosts held a panel with GOP Sen. Joni Ernst (Iowa) and comedian Michelle Buteau to discuss whether it is possible to...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Meghan McCain, co-host of "The View," slammed Vice President Harris over remarks she made during her visit to Guatemala and Mexico this week, arguing Harris "sounded like a moron" when responding to questions on why she hasn't visited the U.S.-Mexico border yet.

McCain's commentary came during Friday's talk show, when the hosts held a panel with GOP Sen. Joni Ernst (Iowa) and comedian Michelle Buteau to discuss whether it is possible to achieve bipartisanship amid a time of heightened political divisions.

McCain, daughter of the late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), asked Ernst what she thought of Harris's Latin America trip this week.

Harris during a Monday press conference in Guatemala repeatedly told migrants "do not come" to the U.S. border, adding that the Biden administration's goal was "to help Guatemalans find hope at home."

The vice president has also received bipartisan backlash over responses to questions on when she plans to visit the U.S.-Mexico border amid the ongoing surge in migration from Central America.

"And I haven't been to Europe," Harris said in an interview with NBC's Lester Holt when pressed on the topic. "I don't understand the point that you're making. I'm not discounting the importance of the border."

McCain referenced the NBC interview on Friday, saying Harris is "taking heat for not visiting our own border yet" and noting that "some fellow Democrats think that she's handling the crisis wrong."

"I thought she sounded like a moron when she was talking to Lester Holt and her nervous laugh is making me nervous that she doesn't know what she's doing," said McCain, who indicated last year that she would vote for President Biden in the 2020 election.

.@SenJoniErnst tells @TheView it's "imperative" that Vice Pres. Harris visits the U.S.-Mexico border: "The longer she waits, the harder it is for her to explain why she hasn't gone to view this crisis herself."
"Let's figure out the solution." https://t.co/f8u2wbJuikpic.twitter.com/dpFYhkqUcH
- The View (@TheView) June 11, 2021

The co-host earlier on Friday had tweeted a clip of a Univision interview with Harris, in which Harris explained, "I've said I'm going to go to the border," to which the interviewer interrupted, "When are you going to the border, vice president?"

"I'm not finished," Harris said before smiling and letting out a chuckle. "I've said I'm going to the border."

McCain in a tweet with the clip wrote, "That nervous joker laugh... it's not funny Vice President. None of this is."

That nervous joker laugh... it's not funny Vice President. None of this is. https://t.co/OKS7dR7T0U
- Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) June 11, 2021

Both Democrats and Republicans alike have leveled criticism against Harris for her overall performance on the Latin American trip and her sidestepping of questions on a potential border visit, with Ernst on Friday saying it was "imperative" that Harris travel to the border soon.

"I think the longer she waits, the harder it is for her to explain why she hasn't gone to view this crisis herself and form her own opinions about what's going on," the senator explained. "So, I would just encourage her to do it very, very soon, and let's figure out the solution."

Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas) on Thursday called on both Harris and Biden to visit the border, but to make sure to "not do a staged visit."

"Come and sit down with people that I've met through all my life. Talk to the sheriffs, talk to the mayors, talk to the county judges, talk to the business leaders. They're frustrated because what they're seeing is, they're seeing people just coming in in large numbers," he said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

Appears as though Ms. Harris is in way over her head on immigration issues.

I sure hope no one is seriously counting on her to do anything to solve the problems.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

She’s in way over her head on virtually every issue.  That’s what happens when one sleeps their way to the top instead of earning their way there.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

Why does McCain look constipated in that picture?  Is that typical of all alleged 'conservatives'?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    3 years ago
Why does McCain look constipated in that picture?  Is that typical of all alleged 'conservatives'?

Why the fuck are you asking me, and what the FUCK does it have to do with what she said?

Please leave your toilet "humor" aside.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2  Gazoo    3 years ago

The reason cackling kammy sounded like a moron? She is a moron.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Gazoo @2    3 years ago

By Jove, I think you've got it!!!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    3 years ago

Indeed! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3  Raven Wing    3 years ago

Megan McCain sounds like a moron every time she opens her mouth. I am sure that many of her comments makes her Father in Heaven cringe. He was a man of integrity and intelligence, and sadly Megan is just a dim witted buffoon.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @3    3 years ago

She may well be all of that, but her comments about Ms. Harris are spot on and undeniably the truth.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    3 years ago
but her comments about Ms. Harris are spot on and undeniably the truth.

Not really. Her comments are meant only in meanness, not as a means of stating the truth. VP Harris is way beyond Ms McCain.  If Ms McCain was all that smart she would be the sitting VP. But, as she can't rise that high off her snooty high horse she can only sit at a table of blabber mouths and shoot her mouth off, and pretend to be so profound and know all there is to know about everything.

I will agree that VP Harris has some learning to do as VP, but, that is true of every person who is new to the WH and Oval office. Even Pence didn't know what was actually expected of him a VP, and he had some days of foot-in-mouth before he learned the ropes. So..is VP Harris not allowed to have the same learning period? Or is your bias to big to allow her the same as what was allowed for Pence?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1.1    3 years ago
Her comments are meant only in meanness, not as a means of stating the truth.

I get that is your perception.

VP Harris is way beyond Ms McCain.  If Ms McCain was all that smart she would be the sitting VP.

Being "smart" has absolutely nothing to do with it. Given the simple fact that she has never run for office of any kind, that would be akin to me saying you aren't smart enough to be Vice President. Sounds stupid now, doesn't it?

I will agree that VP Harris has some learning to do as VP, but, that is true of every person who is new to the WH and Oval office.

Agreed.

So..is VP Harris not allowed to have the same learning period? Or is your bias to big to allow her the same as what was allowed for Pence?

Well, damn, girl!

Are the Democrats criticizing Ms. Harris also all biased?

LOL!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    3 years ago
Are the Democrats criticizing Ms. Harris also all biased?

Well damn, guy! I didn't ask about the Democrats, but, as you like to deflect in order not to answer a question, and it is your seed, I will cede your deflection. And yes, IMHO, the Democrats who are criticizing Harris are also biased. Why? Because, not everyone like to see a woman in a 'mans' position, so to speak. Basically, the main reason why the VP's trip to the Latin countries did not go well. Latin men are well known not to approve of women being in a 'mans' position, especially, when it comes to politics. If VP Harris had been a man the meetings would likely have had a much different outcome.

However, being as you don't think I am worthy of your answering my question, and instead want to engage in a game of deflection, I don't see where I can continue oour conversation.

Have a good evening.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1.3    3 years ago
So..is VP Harris not allowed to have the same learning period? Or is your bias to big to allow her the same as what was allowed for Pence?

I'll try real hard to give her as much leeway as Democrats afforded her predecessor.

Perhaps ask a question without the bias shit thrown in and I may have answered you right away.

Basically, the main reason why the VP's trip to the Latin countries did not go well. Latin men are well known not to approve of women being in a 'mans' position, especially, when it comes to politics. If VP Harris had been a man the meetings would likely have had a much different outcome.

That makes it plain that Biden picked the wrong person for the task then.

Good nighty!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1.3    3 years ago

Why? Because, not everyone like to see a woman in a 'mans' position, so to speak. Basically, the main reason why the VP's trip to the Latin countries did not go well. Latin men are well known not to approve of women being in a 'mans' position, especially, when it comes to politics. If VP Harris had been a man the meetings would likely have had a much different outcome.

Pure BS! She's a mush mouthed moron who is unfit and unqualified to be president.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    3 years ago

Undeniably the truth?   jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.6    3 years ago

Sorry, I don't have time or patience to explain what the truth is to you.

come back tomorrow!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago
“I don't have time or patience to explain what the truth is…”

Very good. You managed to accurately copy and paste my words.

damn, if any human being had the wherewithal to define ‘what the truth is’, I would be all ears.

That sounds wonderful for you.

You, my friend, thinkway too much of yourself.

We are not friends nor do you know what I think of myself.

Carrion…picking at whatever carcass brings you sustenance.

Sheer inanity.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

Your post may bother someone who gives a shit what you thought.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

I refuse to get excited over what some internet yahoo thinks of me.

I'll leave that shit for the progressive snowflakes.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.15  seeder  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

You must be a Hillary fan.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.16  Sunshine  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.15    3 years ago

😂 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @3    3 years ago

Her 15 mins is long over.  Now she needs to just STFU and go away.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    3 years ago

Ah, conservative women should just shut up, huh?

How tolerant!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.1    3 years ago
Ah, conservative women should just shut up, huh?

Nah, just the stupid ones that shouldn't be talking.  The smart ones can talk all they want, I'm sure there's one out there, somewhere.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.2    3 years ago

So a stupid one accurately assessed the situation the stupid elected one has found herself in.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.3    3 years ago

So a stupid one accurately assessed the situation the stupid elected one has found herself in.

So you listen to the stupid ones.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.4    3 years ago
So you listen to the stupid ones.  

Did you read the article?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.1    3 years ago

I don't care if she is left, right, or conservative.  She just needs to STFU.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2.6    3 years ago

Why, because she dared to criticize a progressive's favorite?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4  Sunshine    3 years ago

Harris has a short fuse too.  Don’t interrupt her talking points or she gets pissed.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    3 years ago

"the Biden administration's goal was "to help Guatemalans find hope at home."

Do Guatemalans pay taxes in the USA?  

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.1  Gazoo  replied to  charger 383 @5    3 years ago

There are plenty of Americans that need “hope” but we all know Americans come last with this bunch of idiots.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Gazoo @5.1    3 years ago
There are plenty of Americans that need “hope” but we all know Americans come last with this bunch of idiots.

Who voted for, and who voted against, the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 ?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Gazoo @5.1    3 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.2    3 years ago

Thanks as always for your profound 'memes'!

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    3 years ago

Harris won a US Senate seat and Vice Presidency...

McCain was voted "Dumbest Member of The View"!

Gazoo
Junior Silent
6.1  Gazoo  replied to  JBB @6    3 years ago

Here’s an interesting fact, I won the same number of delegates as kammy the cackler did in the dem primaries. 

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JBB  replied to  Gazoo @6.1    3 years ago

Yet got 7,000,000 more votes than Trump!

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    3 years ago

Ya really gotta learn how this works - Harris did not get 7,000,000 more votes than Trump.  VP's are NOT voted on.

Hell, Harris was totally defeated in her run for President and that was only after her FIRST AND ONLY debate - why do you think she would receive any votes?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.2    3 years ago

She is VP only because she is a woman of color

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.4  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.3    3 years ago

I do hope the gop keeps saying shit like that because it is why women and minorities vote for Democrats. Keep it up. Please. I mean it!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.4    3 years ago

Women and minorities also vote for Republicans, you know.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.6  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.5    3 years ago

Do not be pedantic. You know what I meant...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.6    3 years ago
You know what I meant...

Sorry, I don't pretend as some do that I "know" what you mean, so I use the old way of READING what people post and assuming that they MEAN what they post.

I always hate it when some fucking yahoo "interprets" what he or she "thinks" I mean instead of simply reading what I post. 

What is the sense of posting if we aren't to go by the words contained therein?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago
Hang your maga hat on that ever shrinking demographic for votes as you feel free to carrion. 

Never have had a MAGA hat.

Not really my style.

"Shrinking demographics" has been bandied about for at least 20 years now. Ho hum.

Seems like if the demographic was shrinking so badly that Democrats would have much, much, MUCH larger majorities in the House and Senate.

I'll look you up after the midterms and let you regale me with some more tall tales!

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.10  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.9    3 years ago

original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6.1.10    3 years ago

Inanity continued, I see.

Good job with the funny pictures of your hero.

he looks like Jeff Dunham's Walter to me.

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
7  exexpatnowinTX    3 years ago

I'm in a rather unique position where I'm located and the people I interact with, the vast majority being from other diplomatic missions to England.

With not one exception, they all note that America needs to "pray" (I don't do that myself, but there are a lot of Americans that do) for the health of Joe Biden since if he dies or gets removed from office America will be led by a clueless blathering idiot the likes of which has never before been seen on the international political scene.

To that I can only note that VP Harris is an absolute embarrassment to herself and America but she has actually made Joe Biden look good in comparison.  And that is exceptionally sad and scary at the same time.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  Tessylo  replied to  exexpatnowinTX @7    3 years ago

Really XM, what would you say if I said that I didn't believe a word you said?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

AAKZNFb.img?h=633&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

AAKZJh7.img?h=636&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @9    3 years ago

I never thought you'd resort to those dumb ass memes!

When ya got nothing, post a meaningless dumb ass meme!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @9.1    3 years ago

Are you incapable of ignoring them?

And coming from you.........LMMFAO!