╌>

Simone Biles To Return For One Last Olympic Medal Attempt

Category:  Sports

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  7 comments

Simone Biles To Return For One Last Olympic Medal Attempt
She will compete in the balance beam event final on Tuesday night. 

Simone Biles, widely acknowledged as the greatest female gymnast of all time, is going to make one last attempt for a gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics. She will compete in the balance beam event final on Tuesday night. 

Biles dropped out of the all-around final last week and also out of the first three individual apparatus finals (uneven bars, vault and floor. )

Almost certainly this one last try will be the end of Simone Biles olympic career. She will be 27 at the time of Paris olympics in 2024. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

She chose the last gymnastics event of the games to come back in. If it doesnt work out she can be out of there the next day. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

Well good for her.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3  Snuffy    3 years ago

IMO she has nothing to prove as she's already proven she's one hell of an athlete. With such a high potential of very serious injury based on how she attacks the events I would rather she be fully in control and confident in herself than see her push herself into something that she's not confident in doing.  Whether she competes again in the future or not, I wish her well in her future and hope she has a fulfilling and happy life after her time in the spotlight has ended. I'm just very happy that I had the opportunity to see her in action.

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    3 years ago

I hope she does great in this.  

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
5  exexpatnowinTX    3 years ago

I wish Simone the very best of luck and hopefully she will succeed in her quest.

I also applaud her willingness to finally provide the world a glimpse of the complete mental strain Olympic athletes submit to.  One minimal mental lapse can mean the difference between success and, in Simones case a wrong landing which could potentially kill her or cripple her for life,

Again, good luck and best wishes for success Simone.  You deserve it for the courage you've shown the world.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     3 years ago

Best of luck, Simone.