╌>

GOP senator claims Obama's birthday party 'single biggest thing' undermining COVID-19 messaging

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   The Week

GOP senator claims Obama's birthday party 'single biggest thing' undermining COVID-19 messaging
When Kennedy was informed that Obama has indeed scaled the party down significantly, he still wasn't satisfied. "He needs to cancel it, scaling it back won't get it," Kennedy said

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

byTim O'Donnell5:06 PM

----------------------------

Sen. John Kennedy wasn't the only person who didn't take too kindly to former President Barack Obama's original 60th birthday party plan, which included inviting some 400 guests to Martha's Vineyard during a nationwide, Delta variant-fueled rise in COVID-19 infections. But it's possible he had one of the most intense reactions, even among the critics.

The party, Kennedy said Wednesday during a Fox News interview, is the "single biggest thing that has undermined our efforts to make the American people understand we are in a fourth wave ... I have never seen something so irresponsible," the senator said, adding that Obama "knows better" and should cancel the bash and have "a beer and a personal pan pizza" with his wife, Michelle, at home instead.

When Kennedy was informed that Obama has indeed scaled the party down significantly, he still wasn't satisfied. "He needs to cancel it, scaling it back won't get it," Kennedy said as the interview wrapped up. Watch the clip below.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Something occurred to me as I read this story - when have Republicans ever been out front calling for covid restrictions or precautions? As far as I know the answer to that question is basically NEVER, yet Sen Kennedy (R-La) wants to bite at Obama's ankles. 

99% of the time the GOP mouthpieces are yelping for more "freedom", but when Obama has a birthday suddenly the GOP is all concerned about covid precautions. 

It is too easy to understand these people, unfortunately. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

All these dicks and bitches in the gqp are petty ankle biters.  I'm sick of these assholes.  

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    3 years ago

Senator Cornpone Gatorass Kennedy of Louisiana...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @2    3 years ago

What a fucking rube

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

He should go after his own party for their superspreader events where the unvaccinated sheep gather in droves.  I am not saying that for Obama to hold a large event was the right thing to do, but I am betting that his guests and friends were vaccinated.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  JBB  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    3 years ago

Yeah, whatever happened to Herman Cain? Huh?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @3.1    3 years ago

Did this douche canoe say anything about the multitudes who attended Trump's bd party at Mar A Largo, no.  They were packed in like sheep.  At least Obama's bd was going to be held at his estate where there is plenty of room outside in the fresh air.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

I believe Obama has cancelled it due to backlash.