╌>

Ellen DeGeneres was 'fired by viewers', ex-producer says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  4 comments

By:   PinkNews (PinkNews - Gay news reviews and comment from the worlds most read lesbian gay bisexual and trans news service)

Ellen DeGeneres was 'fired by viewers', ex-producer says
A former producer on The Ellen DeGeneres Show has said the comic was "fired by viewers", rather than walking away on her own terms.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Patrick Kelleher May 13, 2021 Bookmark Article

Ellen DeGeneres at the 2020 Grammy Awards. (ROBYN BECK/AFP via Getty)

A former producer on The Ellen DeGeneres Show has said she doesn't believe the talkshow host is walking away on her own terms, suggesting she was fired by her own viewers.

Hedda Muskat eviscerated DeGeneres during an appearance on Australian Channel 7's Sunrise morning programme, saying the host's decision to quit after 19 years was "not a shock at all".

Muskat - who was among the first people hired on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in 2003 - said that the viewers "have spoken".

"Her ratings have been in the toilet for a long, long time now. Her show has not been fun, it has not been interesting, and she's not really, by the way, stepping down. The viewers fired her," Muskat said.

The producer, who booked human interest guests during her stint on DeGeneres' show, said viewers were "disappointed in the phoniness that she's been projecting as this nice person".

"The viewers feel duped in a way that she's not this nice person, and the viewers are not going to put up with the backstage racism that goes on, and the backstage bullying that goes on. So I think the viewers have woken up finally."

DeGeneres will sit down with Oprah Winfrey on Thursday's episode (13 May) to discuss her decision to call it quits - but Muskat isn't impressed at the decision.

I don't feel that she has the trust anymore of the viewers and so I don't think she's going to come back anytime soon.

"Frankly I'm very disappointed that Oprah is lowering herself to interview Ellen. I mean Oprah can interview kings and queens, and I love Oprah, I miss Oprah, and for her to interview Ellen, it's like, 'Why? Who cares about Ellen anymore?'

When asked what DeGeneres might do next after leaving her talkshow behind, Muskat said she hopes she will opt to work on a farm "because she can relate to animals far more than she does with people."

Muskat said: "I was not able to have any connection with her, make eye contact, and here's the thing - it's not just me or three of us. There were over 100 employees over the 19 years that walked away with this sickened feeling about working there.

"As much as I loved my job as a booker and producer, I was almost relieved when I got fired because it was like, 'I want to take a shower.' It was like a whole new dawn.

"I don't feel that she has the trust anymore of the viewers and so I don't think she's going to come back anytime soon."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

Ellen had a good run but her time obviously passed.

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
2  exexpatnowinTX    3 years ago
"fired by viewers"

As it is with ALL shows that are cancelled.   She's nothing special.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

The woman doing the talking here was fired for mistreating support staff...not just her own, both others associated with the show.  Ellen had no idea this was going on, none whatsoever.  As a matter of fact, when WarnerMedia began investigating the complaints, they quickly learned that the discord wasn't about Ellen at all.  It was about Hedda Muskat's treatment of staff.  However, those being interviewed also felt that the buck stopped with Ellen and that she should have known.  Unfortunately, access to the boss was hampered by...yep, Hedda Muskat.  That's why Ellen knew nothing about what had been happening.  When she learned what had been happening, Ellen apologized profusely, and Ms. Muskat was fired immediately.

In any event, you can read more about it here.   It's an older NBC article, but it gives a clearer picture of the truth.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4  Dismayed Patriot    3 years ago
"the viewers are not going to put up with the backstage racism that goes on, and the backstage bullying that goes on. So I think the viewers have woken up finally"

Really? I wasn't aware that the "viewers" got to see all the supposed "backstage racism" and "backstage bullying", so how exactly did they stop putting "up with" it?

"I was almost relieved when I got fired"

Ah, so Ms. Sour Grapes here was fired and so she's going on an Australian talk show to scratch back.

From what I could see, Ellen just looked tired after 19 years of doing her show, the dark circles under her eyes even with all that caked makeup were hard to miss. I also think that tough female bosses tend to get called 'bitches' or 'bossy' when they demand certain standards or that things get done from their staff while male bosses in the same position doing the same things are called 'decisive', 'strong' or 'ambitious'.