╌>

Biden caught telling another whopper

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  3 years ago  •  87 comments

By:   Becket Adams (MSN)

Biden caught telling another whopper
President Joe Biden's penchant for embellishment and falsehood has not slowed in his old age.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Joe Biden's penchant for embellishment and falsehood has not slowed in his old age.

© Provided by Washington Examiner

The president told yet another one of his self-aggrandizing whoppers this week, claiming he spent time at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh after an antisemitic terrorist attack in October 2018 left 11 worshipers dead.

"I remember spending time at the, you know, going to the, you know, the Tree of Life Synagogue, speaking with the — just, it just is amazing these things are happening, happening in America," Biden said Thursday in a meeting with Jewish leaders.

The synagogue's executive director told the New York Postshe has no idea what the president is talking about. Biden has not visited the Tree of Life even once in the years since the mass shooting.

Asked to reconcile the president's remarks with the synagogue's response, the White House clarified that Biden was talking about a phone call he had with the Tree of Life's rabbi in July 2019.

Just so we're all tracking, Biden said he remembers "spending time at" and "going to" the synagogue after the 2018 mass shooting. This didn't happen, the synagogue said. Now, the White House claims the president was referring to a private phone call that took place a full nine months after the slaughter. Close enough for government work, I suppose.

It's not shocking Biden would tell such an easily disprovable story. He has a long, long history of such falsehoods, which is why it was highly amusing when certain members of the press, particularly the fact-checkers, suggested a Biden presidency would usher in a golden age of honesty and truthfulness.

Surely, he wouldn't just lie! He said he was going to "restore the soul of the nation!"

Oh, please. Anyone who has paid attention to Biden's career for all of five minutes can tell you he has a notoriously strained relationship with the truth.

In case you need a refresher, here are just a handful of examples:

Biden claimed that every time he has run for office, he has had the backing of the NAACP. Not true. Biden claimed that the Obama administration, in which he served for eight years as vice president, did not "lock people up in cages." It absolutely did. He claimed "immediately, the moment [the Iraq War] started, I came out against the war at that moment." He did not.

There is much more where this comes from, including Biden's plagiarism, his lying about being shot at in Iraq, his bogus claim to have led the charge against Slobodan Milosevic, his lying about being the first in his family to go to university, his nonsense claim that he predicted the 9/11 terrorist attacks, his fabricated anecdote about being arrested in South Africa for demanding to meet with an imprisoned Nelson Mandela, and his false claim that a drunken driver killed his wife and child.

In the late 1980s, when Biden first ran for president, he claimed during an angry exchange with a voter that he attended law school at Syracuse University on a full academic scholarship, that he finished in the top half of his class in law school, that he was named the outstanding student in the political science department as an undergraduate at the University of Delaware, and that he graduated from Delaware with three undergraduate degrees.

Not a single one of these claims was true.

In comparison, Biden's bogus synagogue story actually seems to be one of his milder falsehoods.

Tags:Beltway Confidential, Opinion, Joe Biden, anti-Semitism, synagogue

Original Author:Becket Adams

Original Location:Biden caught telling another whopper

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    3 years ago

I wonder if the press is keeping track?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

probably not, there were massive lay-offs in POTUS lie detection segments of the media 7-8 months ago. all the lies after 1/20/21 by the loser of the last election have been handled mostly by msm entertainment depts.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago

Yeah, I figured most of the media would cover for Biden, knowing that progressives will swallow whatever swill they dish out.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    3 years ago

seems strange that such indignation over a president's hyperbole had to fester for so long before being verbalized.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    3 years ago

It has been verbalize before but one actually has to listen to hear.

Does TDS have an effect on hearing, too?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago

I'll chalk up another whataboutism to your account. I think I am going to have to get a new file cabinet. The one I use for whataboutisms from the left is almost full

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1.5  Hallux  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.4    3 years ago

Whataboutisms are ubiquitous to human discourse and have been since time immemorial. Waving that flag, no matter how popular it has become to do so, is both trite and boring.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    3 years ago

As opposed to the magats who swallowed the swill  of continual lies Trump dished out?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.6    3 years ago

I didn't mention any of that.

Did you find my post difficult to understand or were you just deflecting?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

I am shocked! Utterly shocked that dear leader uncle Joe would lie to us!  How could he?  

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.2.1  Hallux  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

He learned from one of the best, that guy that y'all freakout about if, oh the horror, his name is mentioned.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @1.2.1    3 years ago

Biden has been lying for his entire career in politics some 40 plus years now; the guy you can't mention hasn't been in politics nearly that long. Maybe the guy you can't mention learned from hanging around Bill Clinton and Joe Biden. They were all buds once back when "he who shall not be named" was a Democrat.

Seems that the left can't do basic math.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

[removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1    3 years ago

The press is in damage control as our cognitively challenged president unravels, as predicted. It's been a hell of a week for him. The only remaining question is where is his VP? You know the person selected because of her race and gender? The last person in the room?

Say it ain't so Joe!

Please don't tell us that the giggling second in command was only chosen to attract black votes.....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  GregTx @1.3.1    3 years ago

dems are in panic mode. They'll all be there.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.3    3 years ago

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.3.6  Jasper2529  replied to  dennis smith @1.3.5    3 years ago

She and Biden are going to CA this coming week to campaign for Newsom. Seems like they don't have any other crises to handle, so they're off to campaign for a man who's in danger of losing his control.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.3.6    3 years ago
She and Biden are going to CA this coming week to campaign for Newsom. Seems like they don't have any other crises to handle, so they're off to campaign for a man who's in danger of losing his control.

Yeah, our allies seem to have forgotten all about the fiasco that was the Afghanistan withdrawal, and the mess on our border, which Kamala has successfully managed to do exactly squat about, still exists despite Democrats ignoring it.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.3.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.7    3 years ago

That's only the tip of the Biden/Harris crisis list. I have another 7 crises that they're ignoring. Instead, they're dangling that shiny object called "climate change" again. /SMH

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    3 years ago

In Biden's 48 years in government, he's told 100,000 lies.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

statistically, trump would be around 1.6 million lies for the same span of time, not counting repetition of the same lies of course...

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.1  devangelical  replied to  devangelical @2.1    3 years ago
And brainless fucks voted for and defend him, amazing how stupid some can be.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1.2  Gazoo  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1    3 years ago

Do brainless fucks realize the article is not about Trump?

Rhetorical, of course.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    3 years ago

I had assumed so, until that question was asked.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1.4    3 years ago

I got my answer in posts 2.1 and 2.1.1.

Hence the rhetorical tag.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.6    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.7    3 years ago

Yeah, `but that is just so chicken-shit.

I don't need to stoop so low.

I can read other people's opinions and not be all offended and aghast over them.

I don't need the comfort of a safe, warm cocoon to protect me from thoughts!

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.9  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.8    3 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.8    3 years ago

I understand that.  As frustrating as it is we conservatives should never lower ourselves and stoop to the levels occupied by secular progressives and their methods.  Well said. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @2.1    3 years ago

Prove it. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @2.1.1    3 years ago

Yes, the brainless fucks did vote for Biden, and we are all paying for it. 

Thank you/S

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.13  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.2  Gazoo  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

“In Biden's 48 years in government, he's told 100,000 lies.”

and accomplished nothing, unless you’re a delaware bank. And brainless fucks voted for and defend him, amazing how stupid some can be.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gazoo @2.2    3 years ago

Exactly!  Well said and right on. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

Is that all?  It seems like that’s an understatement 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.4  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @2    3 years ago

Donald Trump told a hundred thousand lies daily.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Biden will also tell you he was at Ford theatre and tried to save Lincoln after he was shot

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4  Sunshine    3 years ago

He also told them it was him who parted the Red Sea and not Moses.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sunshine @4    3 years ago

And he was at the constitutional convention defending the interests of the slave states.  

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
5  SteevieGee    3 years ago

So...  When Mexico paid for the wall did the money go into Trump's campaign war chest?  The Treasury department hasn't seen it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @5    3 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    3 years ago

But Trump!  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.1    3 years ago
But Trump!  

Might as well talk about him now, eh?

I sure hope one day we do end up with a wall on our border.

I don't care who pays for it, just keep illegal aliens out!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.3    3 years ago

Great response!  Well said jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.6  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.4    3 years ago

You do know that America is surrounded by an ocean don't you?

And let's not forget Canadians. I want to see William Shatners papers!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @5.1.6    3 years ago
You do know that America is surrounded by an ocean don't you?

Why, no fucking shit!!!!  Wow!!!

WTF does THAT shit have to do with a wall on the southern border--you know, the miles and miles and miles of the southern US actually connected to land--Mexico--and not to the ocean. 

Perhaps you don't know.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  dennis smith @5.1.8    3 years ago

Not only that, but apparently he believes that the very same ocean surrounds the US!!

Geography apparently wasn't a strong subject.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.10  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @5.1.6    3 years ago

No, we are not completely surrounded by an ocean- if we were we wouldn't have a southern border with Mexico, and a northern border with Canada. If we were completely surrounded by ocean the US would be a continent unto itself.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.10    3 years ago

The Americas (North and South) are considered continents.    Canada and Mexico are both part of the North American continent.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.12  bugsy  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.11    3 years ago
And he was at the constitutional convention defending the interests of the slave states.

So, TiG, which ocean is it that America is surrounded by. After all, that is what cjcold posted. Is it only one, or are you simply trying to cover for his lack of geography skills?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @5.1.12    3 years ago

Take that up with cjcold.   You and others are simply playing childish gotcha games with him.   If you really cared to communicate with him you would be objective and realize that he was stating that the supermajority of our borders are with oceans.   But instead, you choose to play games with his imprecise language on a forum post.  

If you have a problem with the fact I provided then name the problem.    Otherwise, I recommend you ask cjcold to be clearer (if you actually care about trying to understand his point).

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.14  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.13    3 years ago

[Deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @5.1.15    3 years ago

No he did not.   [deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.18  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @5.1.17    3 years ago

Interpretation is the art of extracting meaning from written words.   Those capable of rational reading will consider context, knowledge of the author, history, common sense, etc.

Others whose goal is simply to engage in petty nit-picking will (assuming they even have the skills) bypass those measures and poke fun like an elementary school child.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6  Colour Me Free    3 years ago

Awww so what .. both sides of the aisle defend the lack of honesty in government and elected officials, it is the only way to continue on with a corrupt government.. one must pretend that this lie is not as bad as the lie told by another .. politicians lie and 'we' either accept it as not as bad as .... or 'we' bitch about it..

Rinse repeat

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1  Hallux  replied to  Colour Me Free @6    3 years ago

Don't forget the bleach Colour Me Tide.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.1.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @6.1    3 years ago

Should that not be 'white wash'...?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.1.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @6.1    3 years ago

Think about it Hallux .. a presidential candidate can lie about being under fire on an airstrip and still get the nomination for president .. but a news man exaggerates his experience and he is no longer trust worthy .. go figure!

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Colour Me Free @6.1.1    3 years ago

Only in a sundown neighborhood.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.1.4  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @6.1.3    3 years ago

I think it has to do with selective acceptable memory, not Alzheimer's sundown'ing   ... 'we' accept things from our elected officials that the private sector cannot get away with .. 'we' are lied to non stop by 'our' government, but my guy lies better than your guy BS rules!

The US decided not to have a king .. but there are Duchesses and Dukes running the place .. unreal - 'we' speak of democracy when 'we' truly know nothing about democracy... [sigh!]

Thanks for letting me vent!

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1.5  Hallux  replied to  Colour Me Free @6.1.2    3 years ago

Are you saying that exaggerations are smaller lies? That works with penis enlargement ads and fishing yarns, but politicians and reporters?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.1.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  Hallux @6.1.5    3 years ago

NO! .. I am saying that 'OUR' government lies none stop and it is seemingly okay ..!

Both sides of the aisle thinks 'their' guy/gal lies less, or not as 'bigly' as the other sides guy does ... these elected officials are reelected year after year after year - but 'we' get pissy if the private sector lies - it is ridiculous!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.7  cjcold  replied to  Colour Me Free @6.1.2    3 years ago

Actually, Hillary might not have been intentionally under fire, but there was gunfire in the area., 

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.8  JBB  replied to  cjcold @6.1.7    3 years ago

Mrs Clinton's security detail took it all very seriously at the time so she felt under fire whether the threat was imminent or not. No matter where or the circumstances taking off or landing at an airport that is being fired upon is pretty terrifying. People going in and out of Afghanistan and Iraq with USO Tours always say it was very scary coming and going because the flight crews are obviously scared. They usually take off and land at night and so they make everyone turn off all the lights and close all the windows and basically prepare to be shot out of the air. Never mind that Hillary Clinton was about as high value a target as possible. She had good reason to be worried. Not many people have actually experienced that kind of personal danger in real life.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.9  cjcold  replied to  JBB @6.1.8    3 years ago

Pretty sure that world leaders should stay the hell away from war zones.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.1.10  Colour Me Free  replied to  cjcold @6.1.7    3 years ago

Whatever .. there was also gun fire when Brian Williams was in the field reporting .. that is not the point, a lie is a lie - there are no excuses, just some get a pass (politicians) and others do not (we the people) ... 'we' have become numb to our elected officials lies!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    3 years ago

40+ years of this with Joe. Back in the 20th century, when he ran for president, this kind of thing got him run out of the race. But in 2020, the Democratic Party just said “fuck it” and forced his nomination anyway.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 years ago

They’ve sunk to new lows with him and his voters.  Dumb and dumber.  

JBB
Professor Principal
7.2  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 years ago

Yet most Americans trust Joe Biden. He is a known quantity. He served us in the Senate and was Vice President for two successive terms. Compared with his competition he is a rock solid senior statesman.

All the crazy talk about Joe being a socialist bent on destroying America melts in the light of reality. There has only been on dangerously radical President in the recently and it damn sure was not Joe Biden of Delaware. Hint - He is from New York.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7.2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JBB @7.2    3 years ago

Hint - He is from New York.

Funny how the flyover sycophants conveniently ignore that part.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
7.2.2  SteevieGee  replied to  JBB @7.2    3 years ago

Wait...  He's from New York?  But that's a liberal sh!thole.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @7.2    3 years ago

So your defense is that it’s okay that the president is a serial liar because Americans trust him?  

that’s the lesson kids, just make sure you are an exceptionally manipulative liar so you your victims believe you, than it’s okay to lie.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @7.2    3 years ago
Yet most Americans trust Joe Biden.

Do they? I don’t know if that’s true. I’m sure many Democrats trust him, but “most Americans?” And I guess my question would be why do they trust him given his long track record - going back to 1988 and before - of kinda makin shit up. 

He is a known quantity.

That’s the whole thing. Going up against Trump, the one thing the party wanted more than anything else was name recognition. In my opinion, there were better future presidents in the running, but the party got together and kicked them all to the curb.

All the crazy talk about Joe being a socialist bent on destroying America

Republicans say that about every Democratic candidate.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.3  cjcold  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 years ago

Biden has always been a centrist and reached a hand across the aisle.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

"One in five Americans want to take their vote for Biden BACK: Poll shows 20% regret voting for him as president while his approval rating continues to drop."

C1zEJ4rI?format=jpg&name=small

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8.1  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    3 years ago

Bullshit!