Right Wing Podcaster Claims Women Sportscasters Want To 'Feminize' Sports

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  one month ago  •  7 comments

By:   Natalie Korach (Mediaite)

Right Wing Podcaster Claims Women Sportscasters Want To 'Feminize' Sports
Daily Wire Podcaster Matt Walsh presented stunning claims regarding female sports broadcasters, while cancelling Reporter Lyndsey Gough

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Daily Wire podcaster Matt Walsh called out reporter Lyndsey Gough and women sportscasters in general during a segment on The Matt Walsh Show on Tuesday

Gough is a sports reporter and sports director for WTOC 11 in Georgia. She received media attention after claiming she was "violated" by fans attending the Georgia-Clemson football game on Saturday.

Following the game, Gough had posted a video of the reported incident, which displayed fans disrupting her shot and allegedly touching her as well as her production equipment.

After the first guy touched me I started rolling… this isn't even all of it. So uncomfortable. Can we please respect people's space pic.twitter.com/1r0VQVoBoq
— Lyndsey Gough (@LGonTV) September 5, 2021

At one point in the footage Gough said, "Please don't touch me," to one of the male fans.

Gough's allegations struck a chord with Walsh, as he used the last 12 minutes of his podcast on Tuesday to discuss the incident.

"It wouldn't be fair to say that all female sports reporters are like Lyndsey," said Walsh, "but even so, I must say this situation only demonstrates why I personally prefer for sports broadcasts, especially football broadcasts, to be handled mostly by men."

Walsh asserted that Gough wants the football atmosphere to become "more feminine environment," claiming that, "She wants the football stadium to be quiet and gentle, considerate and respectful of personal space."

"She is not trying to assimilate herself into the culture of football fans, she is rather hoping that they assimilate themselves to her," assessed Walsh.

He said Gough is "worse than the average as far as female sports broadcasters go," and claimed that she is "definitely not the only female to enter into this mostly male space and seek to feminize it."

Walsh went further, asserting, "Females enter into areas typically catered to and mostly belong to men, and then often quite successfully they try to change them, to emasculate them."

According to Walsh, they "thereby destroy the primary reason for their existence in the first place."

The podcaster is seemingly convinced that women are seeking "to make the game less appealing to the people the game was invented for to begin with," referring to sports being a generally male dominated space.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    one month ago

A while back I coached girls basketball and softball ( age 11-13) for about 15 years.  Girls enjoy sports every bit as much as boys do. 

Women are a major part of the viewing audience for all of the major sports, and often their perspective on the games and the athletes adds a perspective of interest that would otherwise probably not be included. 

If guys cant behave decently in the presence of female reporters or announcers, we dont need them representing our cities sports teams. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    one month ago

Isnt Matt Walsh trying to impose "cancel culture" on female sports reporters ? 

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
2.1  Duck Hawk  replied to  JohnRussell @2    one month ago

it sure looks like it.

evilgenius
Professor Guide
3  evilgenius    one month ago

More macho men mansplaining what women want... I thought that instead of normalizing assault against women, big strong conservative macho men were supposed to put women on pedestals and treat them with curtesy?  I guess this douchnozzle isn't one of those kinds of conservatives.

SteevieGee
Senior Silent
4  SteevieGee    one month ago

How does a woman not wanting to be sexually assaulted "feminize sports"?

Tacos!
Professor Expert
5  Tacos!    one month ago

Oh my Lord, this guy needs to grow up.

Walsh asserted that Gough wants the football atmosphere to become "more feminine environment," claiming that, "She wants the football stadium to be quiet and gentle, considerate and respectful of personal space." "She is not trying to assimilate herself into the culture of football fans, she is rather hoping that they assimilate themselves to her," assessed Walsh.

Does that mean that he thinks a “male environment” or a football game is supposed to be a place where personal space is violated and people are inconsiderate and disrespectful of each other? As a man, I wouldn’t want to go to an event like that. Why would anyone?

Walsh went further, asserting, "Females enter into areas typically catered to and mostly belong to men, and then often quite successfully they try to change them, to emasculate them."

This guy makes it sound like in an ideal world, only men would go to football games, and we’d all walk around with our dicks out or something. How the fuck does a woman in a football stadium emasculate me? This guy is an imbecile.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @5    one month ago
nly men would go to football games, and we’d all walk around with our dicks out or something.

you have been a roll lately ROFL!!!!!!!!

Ok...I'm female and I do have a problem with my personal space. I've had men in the workplace violate it and I don't like it. I don't like it in public places, either. There are times when I don't want Mr G violating my personal space. So why can't men just respect women? They want us to respect them, don't they?